Airtran Dropped prices

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by leeann32, Feb 24, 2009.

1. leeann32

leeann32 DIS Veteran

Just booked our airfare for Sept. with Airtran. :thumbsup2
    Tickets were around $119 before today.
    This am i looked & they were $79 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2
    I just booked our fligts !!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dioxide45

dioxide45 DIS Veteran

They just begun a new seat sale.

I don't feel as bad as I initially did. Those cheap seats out of DAY for us didn't stick around long. Initially the same flight was $25 less per person, went back 30 minutes later and they are back to what we paid.

4. disney 4 5

disney 4 5 Mouseketeer

Your talking per way right?

5. pilferk

pilferk Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We just ran into the same thing with Delta. I've been watching air fare from BDL (Hartford/Windsor Locks) to MCO for awhile now for our September trip, and prices have been upper $200's to low $300's.

Today, round trip, $158 (+taxes and fees) on travelocity. Even with the taxes and fees, we were looking at sub $200 air fare. We said if we could fly for right around a grand, we'd do it, rather than drive. Granted, we'll have to pay $60 to $75 in baggage fees. But we also get assigned seats, and I was able to book a whole row (which hopefully will "keep" through the check in process).

Needless to say, we booked our tickets!

:)

6. LJD2143

LJD2143 DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Hey neighbor! (I'm from WI too!):wave2:

I'm in the same boat (or should I say airplane) as you! We've been tracking prices for our Sept trip and I just about squealed with delight today when I saw AirTran's price!

MKE to MCO, NonStop, $79!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Problem is, I have to wait until tomorrow evening to book. DH is waiting for positive confirmation of his vacation request.:scared:
    Just hoping the price doesn't jump back up in the next 24 hours!

7. leeann32

leeann32 DIS Veteran

Yep, one way

8. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Nuts! The flight I was looking at went up from $80 to $105!!! Now I don't know what to do! Going down a day earlier, the flight would be $74. Should I buy, should I wait, I don't know what to do! Agggggghhhhh!!!!:headache:

9. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Nuts! The flight I was looking at went up from $80 to $105!!! Now I don't know what to do! Going down a day earlier, the flight would be $74. Should I buy, should I wait, I don't know what to do! Agggggghhhhh!!!!:headache:

10. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

I just checked my ressies for Airtran and my flight coming home went down $40. per person:( Go figure, huh??? I really can't complain as the cost for the whole flight is cheaper than last year, and I didn't have to pay for luggage last year....

11. pixierella

pixierella DIS Veteran

We got our flights from Airtran for $69 each way. While the flight times are optimal for me I was happy to get those prices.

12. leeann32

leeann32 DIS Veteran

Hey neighbor!!:wave2:
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:goodvibes If the prices do go back up, just look early next Tuesday, maybe the prices will drop again!!