airline prices

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by abs730, Jun 9, 2009.

1. abs730

abs730 Mouseketeer

Hi, I need some advice! We have some credit on southwest so we are going to be using them when we fly in august. However, I have been looking at prices, wow. I have never seen southwest so high, last year we paid 59 dollars one way. Should I just purchase them now and now wait any longer, or is there a chance they may change?

2. andrews_dad

andrews_dad DIS Veteran

You just missed some pretty good deals about a week ago or so. If you fly on SW enough, it is SO easy to re-book cheaper fares and then use the credit. If you get a bunch of credut you can often sell it to friends and family, as it transfers very easy. I just often book and then watch daily for drops.

3. angelarainey

angelarainey Earning My Ears

i checked farecaster and they predicted that they are going down again in another week...

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Talock

Talock Getting there is half the fun.

Yea, they go up and down. Check your price everyday, and buy as soon as you think you're getting a good deal.

6. abs730

abs730 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for some input! I hate the waiting game!

7. DisneyCowgirl

DisneyCowgirl DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that if you use an existing credit now and later get a new credit because the price goes down, the expiration date on the new credit will be the same as the one on the credit you used. I got burned by that rule once.