Airline employee discounts for 2004???

hopetoseedisney

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the airline employee discounts on resort rooms will still be 50% in 2004?? We are really pleased with our rates this year - $350 for 8 nights at ASMo. We are going to check out some of the other resorts while there, and will be planning a trip in Feb 2004. Just wondering if I can go ahead and call to book a room now, or if I should wait until the end of the year to see if the discount will be valid???

I sure hope so. We've used the discount several times. It has given us a chance to stay at some of the higher priced resorts:D We are planning on going sometime in 2004. Post a reply if you find out the rates are good for the whole year.

If the discounts are not available at Disney try calling Swan and Dolphin.They offer a similar rate as the teacher's rate for airline employees.I do enjoy the discounts given by Disney,as a result of the discount we go 2 or 3 times a year and stay onsite.I'm not happy with the 45 days cancellation policy,but, am happy for the discount :rolleyes: .

We too love the airline employee discount. In fact we leave next Wednesday for our fifth visit this year! It works great as a substitute for our Disney Vacation Club points for short weekend trips!

I fear that with the delayed (or non-existent) AP discounts for the remainder of the year that we may have to do a whole lot of wishin', hopin', and prayin' next year. Incidentally, the current rates are only applicable through December 31. This year's rates were not available until almost February.

This years rates were not available till February. We had orginally booked a 5 night stay in October using our discount. When the FTP came out, we switched to that because we could get 7 nights for what we had paid for the 5. I am sure for 2004 they will be out sometime before February.

the 45 days cancellation period
We were burned with that this year. Last year we made the reservations with a one night stay pay with the balance due at check in and this year we had to pay $200 up front, the balance due in 45 days.... They offered me travel insurance for the trip at $50 a person, which would have been an additional $200 for us. The CM suggested it for us just in case you had those unforseen circumstances, "like immediate surgery or something" was her quote. I, of course, turned it down. I ended up breaking my ankle several days before we were due to leave and had to have "immediate surgery" on the actual day we were leaving. Did she have a crystal ball she was looking into or what?!? Anyway when it came time to cancel, we were within that last 5 or 6 day period where you only get back your deposit minus $200. So they had us coming or going with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter