Airfare/school/Money

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by dgagnon519, Oct 3, 2012.

1. cdrn1

cdrn1 <font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have

My "kids" range in age from 31-37. We always took them out of school for vacations (sometimes to WDW). If you ask them what they were doing on a school day in 1992, they have no idea. But they remember all the wonderful vacation days they had, and the family memories. They are all happy, successful adults. I don't discount what they learned in school, but I am sure those solid happy family memories contributed more to their well-being. In the grand scheme of things, it's the memories that count.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

It is going to depend on your school. Here, finals are the last week for middle and high schoolers. The last 3 days of school are half days, Tues & Wed for finals and Thurs for make-ups and locker cleanout. The only day that can really be missed is the very last day and that only if you're 100% sure they won't miss one of their Tues/Wed finals. The last week of the year is right there with MEAP testing and count days in the handful of times our school isn't flexible about family vacations.

That said, if snow day makeups are needed those are just wasted days tacked on to the end of the year and don't effect the finals schedule, so at least planning the vacation for right after the school year ends is a safe bet rather than being dependent upon the winter weather.