Airfare Question - May 2013

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by who's ur daddy?, Nov 2, 2012.

1. who's ur daddy?

who's ur daddy? Mouseketeer

So we are thinking of going to Orlando from May 19th to May 26th (Sunday to Sunday). AirTran has great times for a Sunday to Sunday trip. Price is just okay @ $798.40 for a family of four - because you have to also add $48 for seat selection and then $80 for luggage (2x bags, 2 ways).

The big benefit of AirTran for this itinerary is that we fly out mid-morning Sunday and get there early afternooon. On the way home, we get back super late Sunday night. We are maximizing Florida time methinks. Now that the kids are a touch older, it's tougher to do the mid-week to mid-week trips.

In any event, do you think $920 is a good deal or should I wait it out for a seat sale? I know the minute I book, Westjet will have a 24 hour seat sale where I could have flown out of YYZ for $1100 (which I would take over Buffalo for sure...). Would a Sunday to Sunday Westjet flight ever be in the low $1,000 price range?

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. freddydiser021

freddydiser021 Earning My Ears

While I realize allegiant's calendar isn't out for May yet, you may want to hold off at least until their prices/dates are released, I find they are the cheapest normally...

4. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Our Sunday to Sunday dates for December are almost $3000 with taxes on Westjet for three people :scared: .

We are flying out of Buffalo for $1125, same dates as above. Non-stop flights, to Orlando via Airtran and home via Jetblue. The $1125 includes baggage and advance seat selection.

Our rates are higher due to the holiday season, but I think you have a great price at $920 for a family of four. Flight prices generally seem higher lately than they have been in the last while.

5. who's ur daddy?

who's ur daddy? Mouseketeer

Ah, I got burned. Waited too long and the prices have gone up. Oh well. The search continues.

6. TraceyDisney2008

TraceyDisney2008 Mouseketeer

We bought southwest out of Buffalo for 100 each way a few days ago. Worth looking into.