Airfare for 2007? new!Help?

kelzab

tinkerkell
Hi! I'm rather new to these boards, but find them so fun to read! I love disney...so I guess I'm in the right spot!! Anyway, everytime we've taken a Disney trip, we have lucked out on getting great airfare deals a few months before our trip. this last time was through disney. I just booked a room at Port Orleans Riverside (new to us!) for next November and wonder if anyone knows when the best time to look for airfare would be...within the next few months or closer to the time of departure? Also, any suggestions on when to call for package deals, as they didn't have any when I booked our room. I do have a Disney Visa and got good deals on that last time, but it was within the last 3 months or so. I guess I should wait, but I get so excited! I told my kids that they only have about 11 more months of me talking about Disney...:) Anyway, any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Kelly

What airport do you use, and which airlines fly from there? In many cases, the lowest fares are on airlines such as Jet Blue, Air Tran, Southwest, etc. Do any of those fly from your area? If not, then the larger airlines would be the ones to use. Most airlines feature specials that you can get just by signing up for their e-mails (such as those Ding fares always mentioned on these boards). With more specific information, I'm sure you'll get even more specific suggestions and tips.
:wave:

Hi and thanks for the info. WE live near Toledo, but found that the Detroit airport usually has better deals and we found a great one with AirTran this past year, but it was through Disney, so I don't really know how to find the bargains myself. Thanks for the help!
Kelly

If you go on the airline's site, there should be something to click so that you can sign up for their special deals. I know that Air Tran definitely has one. :thumbsup2
If you're willing to do the surfing yourself, you can usually save some money (more to spend at WDW :teeth: ).
Good luck. :)

Kelly,

What is the date that you are going next Nov???? :confused3

Will be able to help you better, if we know the dates

Patricia

Patricia,
Hi! We are leaving on November 26th and returning Dec 3rd. Thanks for the help.
Kelly

I have signed up on AirTran. Do airlines normally have deals this far out or will they be better closer to time?

Thanks again for the info!
Kelly

Kelzab,
Two sites you might want to check into are ITA software and farecompare.com. ITA software is a nice site because it will show fares from most airlines from one place to another. On farecompare you can usually see what fares usually run during any give time of the year from two cities. You can sign up for emails from farecommpare, the site will email you if fares drop significantly from one city to another. Another thing you may want to be aware of is what airlines will or will not give a refund if fares come down.
Good luck,
Sue

Hi Kelzab,

When we fly on a holiday or a very busy travel day, my opinion is to buy the tickets as soon as possible 330 days out.

Your travel time is not a holiday so I think you might do well with your fares.

I think you should get it for under $200.00 RT. Do you have jet blue or SW in your local airports? If so, sign up for a Ding with SW.

I love the following web sites

http://www.kayak.com/s/index.jsp

http://www.travelocity.com/?Service=TRAVELOCITY

http://www.expedia.com/default.asp?CCheck=1&afmcid=nav.exp.mis.expeidia

Hope this helps

I watched our flight on Northwest for several months and the price of it kept dropping. We finally booked ours in November for our January trip for $117 (tax included). Now the price for those same tickets has gone up quite a bit. My sister paid $138 (with tax) on Northwest from Detroit in October 2005. I think she purchased it in August.

And Detroit does have Southwest.

Thank you all for your wesites and advice. I will keep looking and I'm sure that I will get some good flight prices. Thanks again!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter