Air Tran?

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by minnie56, Oct 24, 2008.

1. minnie56

minnie56 <font color=magenta>Whatever it is, he said it is

Anyone flown with them? Are they decent?

Booked a spur of the moment Disney trip Dec 14-21 (yikes) and looking now for air. Really don't want to redeem miles for it..and AT seems the best option-at least on the return!

Tks!:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DutchsMommy

DutchsMommy <font color=blue>I did the Pirate Name thing<br><f

We've flown twice- once BUF and once ROC. They were fine both ways, no problems whatsoever. I think we might have gotten a small snack (i.e. peanuts) and a drink - which I don't think we got on SWA but can't really remember. Bottom line, btwn SWA and Air Tran I felt no difference, and just chose whatever is cheaper when we go (flying AirTran in Jan 09).

4. chasbos

chasbos DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue> I hate snow!

SWA always gives you a little snack and a drink.

We booked Air Tran for our February trip to Fort Myers (they were direct from Buffalo) and got a good deal $175 return and I paid for it when the $ was at par - so I am happy with it!

I always figure for a short flight, I do not need much - just get me out of the snow and cold and into the hot sun!

5. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

Same story here, no complaints. We would fly with them again.

6. minnie56

minnie56 <font color=magenta>Whatever it is, he said it is

Okay everyone-thanks! Good enough for me!:thumbsup2

7. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

We flew from Seattle to Atlanta to Orlando with AirTran. We were given some cookies and pretzels and drinks on the flights.

8. Pinkgurlshubby

Pinkgurlshubby Has not been blessed by the TF <font color=darkorc

We flew with them Oct 10, 2008 and return Oct 19 2008 direct Detroit-Orlando. We booked about 5 or 6 months prior and chose flights that worked for us but they changed them twice, both flights. We lost out on a shuttle bus we had arranged with a bunch of friends and had to rent a car. Coming back, the flight was changed from late afternoon to mid morning. If it weren't for the fact we had booked the Hyatt off Hotwire for $82 it would have been a complete waste. The first thing we did after checking into the hotel is go back to the counter to make sure the flight had not been changed again.

Flight from Detroit to Orlando had a family of some 30 people who were determined not to sit down until they were all seated together. The gate agent had to come in the aircraft and sort it out. The gate is very close to the end of the runway so it is a short taxi. The entire safety briefing was done in about a half minute with the in charge FA telling one of the other FA's over the intercom to "keep up" The entire flight was a joke.

Return flight was uneventful. Had we never experienced the first flight we would have had an entirely different view of them. THey do offer a light snack such as pretzels and pop/water/juice/coffee. XM radio in the armrests and they don't charge for headsets, you just have to ask for them. The service is basic but then again it's just a little over 2 hours.

9. FantasticFour

FantasticFour The Great White North

I've always been happy with AT and have found stellar deals with them (e.g.- just booked my mom on a return to Ireland for less than $700 return!).

Problems with flight changes and re-routings are on all airlines. I can't begin to describe the nightmare flight changes AC have given us for our trip next week!

You might want to check for flights into/out of Tampa. They tend to be cheaper in my experience and not too problematic for getting to Orlando.....