Air to Greek Odyssey

richflour

Mouseketeer
What is the average Flight time home including layovers for this trip? We live in Atlanta. and are there plenty of flights we have been told that you cant book till 7 months out.

You can book as far as 11 months out. I don't know which airline you prefer but we fly Delta. I think Delta doesn't have direct flights to Athens from Atlanta. Coming back, you will be flying from Crete (airport in Heraklion) and you most likely will need to fly Aegean Air back to Athens or another major European city (if you decide to make a stop to another city). Aegean Air is not available for booking till about 6-7 months before. I booked that separately for our Greek Odyssey trip this year.

What is the average Flight time home including layovers for this trip? We live in Atlanta. and are there plenty of flights we have been told that you cant book till 7 months out.

I booked my Greek flights 11 months out on Delta. This allowed me to only have one layover. As the PP said, you can't book the Aegean flight until about 7 months out. I booked my Aegean flight separately through Cheaptickets and flew from Crete to Athens. I spent the day in Athens sightseeing and then flew back home the next day.

I connected on Delta through JFK. Never again and I didn't want to do it this time but it was the only option with Delta. When I booked, they had the cheapest fares.

The trip time from JFK to Athens is 10 hours going and 11 hours coming back. Some of that time was spent on the tarmac at JFK. Going we were delayed by a storm and sat on the runway 2 hours before the plane took off. When you actually get in the air, the flight itself is only about 8 or so hours.

I was kind of perturbed with Delta because I originally booked a flight to Greece that only had a 4 hour layover in JFK. When Delta finished changing the itinerary, I had a 9 hour layover in JFK. Luckily I had the presence of mind to pay for a day pass to the Delta Sky Lounge and spent the time there.
Coming back, my layover in JFK was only 2 hours. That was more than enough time to get through customs and to my next flight.

thanks. i was thinking of switching from another trip to this one , and this gives me my answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter