air passenger refund

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by wayneg, Sep 23, 2009.

1. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. grannyed

grannyed Mouseketeer

I received a cheque yeserday for £13.42. I only heard about this about 6 weeks ago and I put in a claim for one trip to Boston and back for myself and husband.

No idea how it's worked out either....'spect it'll buy my grand-daughters an ice cream each in Florida next year.........

4. yummymummywales

yummymummywales Mouseketeer

Ooh that sounds interesting - I know we did book a trip to Orlando within that time but didn't go until the following October - does that still count? Did you guys just fill the form in on-line - I will have to try to remember when dates we went on now - I certainly don't remember the flight numbers!!

5. gismo1554

gismo1554 DIS Veteran

OK well I still haven't recieved anything! Applied last November!

6. wayneg

Can't understand how its all working, did you ask for cheque or direct into bank?
    I asked for cheques, I thought we only had 1 claim so did that about January this year, got cheque about 2 months ago for more than I expected so went thru all my paperwork with a fine toothcomb and found another 3 qualifying trips. Now had another cheque with 2 more still outstanding.

7. SammieG

SammieG <font color=royalblue>I think i will have a teenag

we got one for about £80 a month or two ago... we couldnt understand it either! be nice to think we might get another haha

8. gismo1554

gismo1554 DIS Veteran

I think all of our families were bank transfer but had none back. I've emailed them about the claims to see what's happening. I know when I originally applied it was November and then there was a letter sent out saying someone was contesting it so it would be delayed but since then nothing?

9. Andy Lou & Meg

Andy Lou & Meg Anywhere else but Disney is not a holiday

Just a clueless about how its worked out but I got a cheque for £120 (and pence) on Monday.

Happy days

10. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Wish i was better at keeping paperwork we had a trip in 2004 i know the month we went but not the date or flight number:headache:

11. Netty

Netty <font color=deeppink>A six foot palm from Wal-Mart

think you have had my share wayne, :rotfl:
    we still havent had a penny, and applied for it last yr

12. wayneg

Booked every trip online since May 2002 so I have email confirmations for them all. Makes it a lot easier.

I think they have forgotten you Jeanette.:rotfl2:

13. heatherbelle

heatherbelle DIS Veteran

Well we got the princely sum of £12.90 for three of us!!

Some peeps did better than others. I suppose it depended on what class of ticket you booked. I know ours was x class.

14. grannyed

grannyed Mouseketeer

You don't need the flight number.....have you looked at the website.....I don't think you need the date either. I just put in our passport numbers and although I didn't need the dates I checked the stamps in our passport, but that was just to check if we were in the time frame allowed. I only did this about 6 weeks ago..got cheque yesterday.

15. Scrap_Vamp

Scrap_Vamp DIS Veteran

We finally got a cheque yesterday for £20.12 for the two of us (one set of return flights). Better than nothing!

16. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Just submitted our claim for 2 trips, I managed to find the paperwork from our 2006 trip but only the outbound leg was with VA then we flew to Miami and onto Jamaica and flew back to Heathrow then onto Manchester although the full holiday was booked through Virgin Holidays the other flights were not Virgin.

I couldn't find my details for the 2005 trip until I hunted out my old diary with the holiday dates on so I submitted that one too!

So for 3 of us 9 flights in total so lets see how much we get and how long it takes!

17. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Thanks for reminding me to check my passport for dates - sometimes i wonder if my brain is in fully working condition:rotfl2::confused3:confused3

18. diddldonna

diddldonna Disney crazy :)

Thanks for reminding me about this, totally forgot. Off to make my claim now :)

19. diddldonna

diddldonna Disney crazy :)

I was justing wondering if anyone else got their claim and how much for? I sent my claim off September, contacted them and they say a cheque was sent (9th December) but still nothing has arrived :(