Ain't Nobody Got Time For That - Yucky Neighbors! (1/3)

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by My sister's princess, Apr 28, 2013.

1. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

Well I'm glad because we all know this is going to take awhile! :rotfl:

:cool1:

YAY!

Super!

He let me bite the ear off. He is a good man. Thank you, and don't worry there are many more to come!

Glad you are here!!!

Hey now hater face!!!!

Thanks! Glad you are here!

It shall be magical for all!

Glad you are here ::yes::

Glad you make it over!!!

Great!!!

We LOVE it so much!

Beth and Beth... that's always trouble

It isn't that exciting!!!

Glad you are here to read! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Happy Duck

Happy Duck Mouseketeer

I'm in! Excited to hear all about your trip. I totally have a very similar picture of myself holding the infamous red card on my TR. Were you at Little Mermaid???? We were there April 11-15. Excited to read along!

4. My sister's princess

Yes!!!

5. My sister's princess

The night before our trip was much like any other. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, we ordered dinner delivered for us and the house sitter so she wouldn’t have any dishes hanging around, and Josh made sure that I packed what I needed (this year I forgot PJs before he checked!) Of course Kitty (Jasmine) decided she needed to help!

[​IMG]

We watched TV, and I checked the DIS. I set the alarm for the next morning for 3:45 and we were in bed by 10.
    I slept TERRIBLY, like I always do the night before we go to see Mickey, was wide awake by 3:30. Since Mickey waits for no one, I decided to go ahead and wake up Josh! We changed the bedding (I like our house sitter to have an easy time of it) showered, and finished our Mickey countdown!

[​IMG]

We double checked everything, said our last goodbyes to the kitties and Lucky and headed out the door!
    On the way I asked Josh if he packed the camera. We had a moment of panic where neither of us was sure, but when we got to the airport we were relieved to find it in my personal bag.

Because this was the day after the Boston Marathon attacks security at the airport was tight. Our airport is super tiny and super friendly though. The TSA agent who checked our IDs was a graduate of the last school I worked at and recognized me from the financial aid office! It always makes me happy when I see students out in the real world being successful!

We made it through security (Josh’s bag got searched due to the rolls of quarters he had) and headed to our gate to wait. I declared it time to start taking photos for the trip report and pulled out the camera and told Josh to smile! I hit the button, and got “INSERT MEMORY CARD”.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Josh had gotten me an 8GB for Easter, and I had left it in the computer at home. I looked at him, he looked at me and we played the blame game LOL.

In the end we decided to just use my phone until we could get a replacement card. So I tried again!

Smile, you’re going to Disney!! Even though you want to strangle your wife for not packing the camera card!!!

[​IMG]

While in the airport there was coverage of the attacks on every single TV. I don’t watch media coverage of things like that. I can’t handle it. My heart is soft, and I am OK with that. After a while I had to get up and walk away. Thankfully before long we were boarding our first plan, and on our way!! We landed safely in New York, and found our next gate. Close by was a little breakfast place where we got our first food of the trip!

This ran us a whoping $14. Josh got a chocolate pastry, I got a big apple, and we got a water and a coffee to share!

[​IMG]

While we waited for our next flight we played with the Ipads that they have installed in almost all of the seats! They are super cool, you have access to games, the internet, and you can order food from the restaurants nearby and they will bring it out to you.

[​IMG]

We had enough time to enjoy our snack and use the restroom before it was time to head to Atlanta. We ended up with three flights on the way down. It made for a long day, but thankfully they all ran on time!

The second flight was AWEFUL, for some reason the pressure really messed with my head and I started to feel sick. I made it through, but out of all 5 flights of the trip that was the only one that I really hated.
    Atlanta was another short layover, we grabbed some lunch (didn’t have time for photos, ate it while waking/flying) and changed into our shorts! When we left Maine there was still snow on the ground in some places!
    Soon enough we had landed at MCO and were on the fake monorail!

[​IMG]

We went to the Magical Express area where the person checking vouchers decided that I needed stickers. Of course I made Josh wear one to! We were at Disney (well sorta)!!!! We were the only people in our line.

[​IMG]

However, we were quickly taken to a bus. But, there was one little issue. Everyone was using a seat for their bags, so we couldn’t find two seats together. Thankfully a very nice woman noticed my panic and moved herself and her bag to a seat where a teen girl had had her bag!

[​IMG]

When we got rolling we were told that we would be the third stop! Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That! Just kidding, we were relaxed and enjoying ourselves! It wasn’t even 3 when we made it onto the bus!
    We settled in, and watched the screens!

[​IMG]

I love the welcome movie. It makes me giggle and all happy. Shortly after starting our journey I saw this beautiful sight!

[​IMG]

Before we knew it we were rolling into the Arts of Animation hotel! I had wanted to see this place!

[​IMG]

A good half of the buss moseyed out and soon we were rolling away again. We stopped again at POP! Century where more people got off the bus. We rolled away again to stop at Caribbean Beach Resort where everyone else except one adorable family got off the bus.

As we made each stop we moved closer and closer to the front of the bus, and we had a wonderful chat with the only other family going to Animal Kingdom for the rest of the ride. This was their first trip and we talked about how you can’t see it all, and how excited they were to be on the dining plan.

At last we saw this beautiful sight and were welcomed home…

[​IMG]

6. Hollywoodhaha

Hollywoodhaha Cat lady in training

I'm here Elizabeth!

I love your Mickey shirt, where had you gotten it, i haven't seen it before?

7. My sister's princess

About time you showed up!!

8. nhpooh

nhpooh <font color=deeppink>I just can't stop visiting th

:thumbsup2I am in too!!!:hug:

9. My sister's princess

Glad you are joining!

10. tinawv

tinawv If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in W

Looking forward to reading more about your trip. :)

11. dreamindizney

dreamindizney Earning My Ears

Ok, I've got my popcorn...I'm in!!

-Chloe

12. My sister's princess

I look forward to having you along!!!

YAY!!!!!

13. nutz2notz

nutz2notz Mouseketeer

Great start. You are such a cute couple. Your husband looks so much like my nephew who is a police officer as well.

Looking forward to the rest of your report! :thumbsup2

14. My sister's princess

Glad you are joining in! Thank you for your kind words!

Your nephew must be very handsome :rotfl:

15. poohangel

poohangel DIS Veteran

I am late, but I finally made it.

16. My sister's princess

YAY! Glad you are here... we are stalling a bit waiting for the photopass I have another post or two before I really need it :lmao:

17. MelMel11

MelMel11 Mouseketeer

Count me in!!

18. tiggerfan77

tiggerfan77 I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your trip!:yay:

19. eeyore4376

eeyore4376 Thanks for noticing me...

Subscribing!!! Can't wait to read about your trip!:)

20. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

21. librarygeek

librarygeek DIS Veteran

Awesome, I'll be joining in too! My cats also "helped" me pack in the way that yours did ;) And I'm excited to hear all about Animal Kingdom Lodge as DH and I are staying there for the first time in August!