AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Stringbean&Wingnut, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Hmm...maybe that's a cupcake better off skipped then. I agree, there are definitely MANY other desserts that are just as tempting!

It really is pretty much the same :laughing:. But it's definitely worth seeing, at least, I think!

Right??? :rotfl: I thought the toffee bits were very clever though too!

I'm glad!! I love the montage too! It's just SO Disney!

I really never ever knew it existed before reading about it! They hide the fact that there are 2 different scenes pretty well!

That'd be so cool if you could get your dad chosen!! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

Maybe...but my mom said the exact same thing about the one she had tried months prior. When you eat everything together, it isn't THAT bad, but just the cake alone is pretty gross.

I always ask when we go! This was the first time it worked out and we were finally able to see that elusive scene! :laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Stringbean&Wingnut

Thank you!! :goodvibes

We love doing the early morning flights - that just means more time in Disney!! (Assuming that Wingnut gets off the ME bus!!! :laughing: I was getting SO antsy!!)

We really enjoyed Tokelau, as tricky as it was to navigate around in the beginning! POR looks confusing too, we've considered staying there in the past, and the resort map is a bit overwhelming to me! :laughing:

Isn't the school bread great!?! The pork bun is absolutely skippable, though.

Hahaha yeah, Captain EO doesn't really have mass appeal going for it!

I thought Kidani Village was gorgeous, and both the restaurant and the savannah were so well done! We loved it there!

I think it really was a testament to how tired we were that it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out that we were hearing Wishes! :rotfl:

That is true, the things made with less ingredients really do seem to taste better! These are definitely fork and knife cupcakes! I can't imagine trying to eat one without cutlery! :rotfl:

I was happy to see the different scene, but it truly does not make that much of a difference to the ride! The sets are fun to look at, aren't they? I love the shiny flowers in the Wizard of Oz scene!

4. Stringbean&Wingnut

That's what Wingnut had thought, but Jennifer said that the guests do it in the morning! I thought they were so cute!

If you eat everything together, then the cupcake isn't too bad, the sweetness of the frosting makes up for the bitterness of the cake. But, at least with our cupcake, the cake portion was SO bitter.

Hahaha we definitely do love them!! :thumbsup2

The fog was so dense that morning!! I was glad it cleared up so quickly too!!

Your grandmother's fry bread sounds delicious!! I'm not exactly sure what the breakfast casserole dish that Wingnut was rhapsodizing about had in it, but it was definitely fruit and cake and custard all baked together. He LOVED it.

We really enjoyed the new HM queue, it's so fun! I was very happy when the photographer was told to stop! And I was so happy to hear when the Tiki's returned to the original format! Iago was just a bit too obnoxious, in my opinion! :laughing:

Yes, this was our second time on the DDxP. We love being able to do the signature dinners and have appetizers, but I really have to remember that we're always too full for lunches!

Maybe you had a better one than I did! Also, I think eating all of it at once was definitely more pleasant than eating the cake on it's own. The cheesecake part was a little bit in the middle of the frosting. It does sort of blend in!

That's what I thought too! I don't think there's an explosion on the gangster side either! See, it makes all the difference! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

5. kidsrfun

kidsrfun Mouseketeer

There's a cowboy scene??? In all the times that I've gone on this ride I've only ever had the gangster scene!! How did I miss this! :scared1: I can't wait until I go back so that I can try to go on the other side!! :cool1:

6. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

I'm so sad that your red velvet cupcake was such a disappointment...I hate it when stuff like that happens. On the upside, TGMR was a rousing success, so yay for that!

7. Stringbean&Wingnut

Welcome!! :goodvibes Yes! But it's usually only running when the ride is busier. The front car goes to the cowboy scene, and the back car stops at the gangster scene. Just ask the CM at the loading area if it's running while you're there :thumbsup2

We had so many other awesome snacks that week, the cupcake was really just a blip on our treat radar! The cowboy scene working out definitely made up for it too!

8. Stringbean&Wingnut

Before I begin this update, a debate (of sorts):

This past weekend, we celebrated Wingnut's sister's birthday, and went to a Longhorn Steakhouse. While waiting for our table, I spotted something...

Me: Hey! A hidden Mickey!
    Wingnut: [sighs] No. You just see Mickeys everywhere.
    Wingnut's sister: Hey, that does look like one!

Judges?

[​IMG]

Those of you that guessed we were heading to the Muppets next were absolutely right!

("Ah, a bear in its natural habitat...a Studebaker!")

But first, a peek in the Muppets store, in search of the hat.

[​IMG]

I was surprised to see not one hat on the shelves. Well, they had plenty of the various ear hats in Muppets designs (Kermit is the one that stands out in my mind as being EVERYWHERE), but none of the knit caps I was looking for.

I decided to ask the CM at the counter about their whereabouts.

CM: We're out of those at the moment, but check in the stores on your way out of the park. We should be getting more in at some point this week.

It still hadn't dawned on us the level of quest this hat was going to warrant, and we thanked the CM and headed merrily on our way to the Muppets show...

[​IMG]

...where it was PACKED.

We had never ever seen the show this busy. We were happy to see the new enthusiasm for the characters we love so much, and shoehorned our way in with the rest of the crowd.

At one point, I was stuck by the 3D glasses tray.

[​IMG]

Other blurry indoor photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The show was amusing, as usual. I'm always a bit conflicted with this show, though. I know it could really stand to be updated, and I know they could do awesome new things with it. However, this was the last Muppets project that Jim Henson released, and I so do not want to lose being able to see this movie, with Jim Henson still on it, along with the other correct Muppet voices.

I'm just a nostalgic person, what can I say?

(Speaking of Jim Henson, I saw this in Michael's a few weeks ago, and doesn't it look like pretty much the most awesome book ever? I flipped through pretty much the whole thing and then all I wanted to do was watch "Muppets Take Manhattan".)

(Since I've been singing "The Rainbow Connection" to myself the entire time while typing this up, another YouTube video for you all. Just painting the whole picture here, people!)

After the show, we headed out of the Muppets area. It was starting to approach 3 pm at that point, and we decided that it was a good time to take a break and head back to the Polynesian before dinner.

We stopped in a good portion of the stores lining Hollywood Boulevard in search of the hat, to no avail.

While we knew there was pretty much no chance of them having knit hats, Wingnut loves stopping in this store:

[​IMG]

While we were leaving Sid's, we heard someone talking to a crowd via a megaphone. From the porch, we were able to watch a CM (I assume...:laughing:) creating a flash mob in the middle of the street:

[​IMG]

It was fun to watch for a few minutes (no, neither of us got the urge to run over and start dancing!) before heading out to the bus stops.

While on the bus heading back to the Polynesian, we started talking about dinner. Our ADR wasn't until around 7, but we were both starting to get a bit peckish, not having much beyond a disappointing cupcake for lunch.

I mentioned to Wingnut that when we got back to the room, I could check online and see if Citricos had an earlier opening. He agreed, then paused, thinking.

"Oh. Wait. Uh oh. Hmm."

9. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

No hat yet, huh? The quest continues! I wonder what Wingnut has up his sleeve that makes an earlier ADR at Citricos an "Uh oh"? I can't wait to find out!

10. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

What? No hat yet?

What? No flash mob dance?

What? A potential ADR change. Say it isn't so? I really want to hear about Citrico's because its still on my bucket list.

I'll come back later when I can see pics, but I can see youtube and I found this cute version by jason mraz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdoi0rgSjI

I love when artists take a song a mix it up. It's not kermit, but its certainly easy on the ears!

11. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I see the hidden Mickey!

I LOVE Muppets, and I have Moving Right Along (dug-a-dug dug-a-dug) stuck in my head now too :)
    It's great to think that the new Muppets movie sparked some new interest.
    Hope you find your hat!!

12. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Heck yeah that's a hidden Mickey! What's wrong with Wingnut's eyes? It's soooooo obvious.

I can't believe you're still searching for the hat. I guess they were very popular.

13. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

I so say that is a hidden Mickey :thumbsup2

Glad you had fun at the Muppet show...and I feel the same way about revamping it....

Too bad you still can't find the hat. Hmm what's up,w/ the next ADR ;)

14. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

Definitely, YES!

Haha. :rotfl::rotfl2: I think I know where this is going!

15. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

I love the Muppets! (Love the Rainbow connection, too! :) )

16. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

That is definitely a hidden Mickey. I think the real question is .... did they do it on purpose? I am curious about Wing nuts reaction to going early to dinner. Nice cliffhanger.... .

17. Fantasyland Mom

Fantasyland Mom DIS Veteran

Playing a little catch-up...

We've left our chalk marks near the ferry a few times, too. Julia loves to write all our names there, and now that Brynn can write, I'm sure she'll do it next time, too. I think the neatness comes from the fact that chalk is so big and easy to grasp, kind of like the chunky crayons we give young kids...or maybe I'm just guessing...

MUPPETS! I think I've mentioned before that my kids have always been big Muppets fans, way before the new movie came out. Muppets Take Manhattan is our van-viewing choice of the moment. I, too, would be sad if they refurbed it. Yes, the quality is not great, but it's just one of those things I'd hate to see changed in any way.

Sad about that darn hat! Also sad about the cupcake, though I'm not too surprised. I wouldn't consider my palate sensitive at all, except when it comes to food coloring. I HATE IT. That's why I've never ventured towards that particular cupcake--fear of exactly what you described! Sorry you had to eat it to find out, but glad I know I was founded in my fears!

Now, surely you have some video of Wingnut dancing in a flash mob...;)

18. Simba22

Simba22 DIS Veteran

OK I just have to say thank you to Ann Marie for quoting your pictures from the new HM Q...because I TOTALLY missed that update! Awesome castle pics and the Q looks awesome! I have a feeling it will be too crowded for us to really check it out in July but I look forward to having fun with all of the new stuff!

That stinks you didn't find the hat yet! I hope you DID get it before the end of your trip!

And I agree with you on the MuppetVision movie! It *could* use an update but I don't like it when they change things that are the 'last of their kind' so to speak. Jim Henson worked on this project himself...we can't get anything else that is BY Jim Henson. So I'm not sure how I feel about it....:confused3

19. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

You're exactly right. That's definitely a legitimate Mickey! (Although, I could have the 'see Mickey everywhere' disease too... last night I formed a Mickey out of pieces of an onion by accident.)

I agree that Muppet Vision could be updated but it shouldn't be. It's a classic at this point!

Hmmm.... "uh oh." ????

20. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Pictures viewed and YES that is definitely a hidden Mickey. Come on Wingnut!

21. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Without a doubt that is a hidden Mickey!

I feel the same way about the Muppets at DHS -- needs updating, but I would hate to lose Jim Henson's influence.

Ah, The Rainbow Connection! I remember when The Muppet Movie came out. I was little, little, but I had a tape of all the songs. I do a great rendition of both The Rainbow Connection and Movin' Right Along despite my non-ability to sing. :laughing:

No hat? Boo. :(

Ummm, why was Wingnut making those ominous sounds???