ages for kids and movies

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by mishkamushka, Jul 22, 2011.

1. mishkamushka

mishkamushka I have been granted "Disney Power Of Attorney" for

Hi,

What's the youngest you have taken a child to the movies? My son is 19 months and I am really really really thinking about taking him to see Winnie the Pooh.

What do you think?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gillcrist32

gillcrist32 Earning My Ears

I think it is weird. :happytv:

4. stufftheme

stufftheme Earning My Ears

will a 1 and half year child able to understand the movie
    its not the right time

5. MadilynnsMomma

MadilynnsMomma ...first star to the right, and straight on til mo

I say go for it! I took DD to see Up when she was 18 months. She did well until about 15 before the end...

6. mishkamushka

mishkamushka I have been granted "Disney Power Of Attorney" for

Thank you to MadilynnsMomma and the thread above (forgot your username) for the legit responses.

I decided NOT to take him. Last night we watched The Tigger Movie and he got bored so I figured he wouldn't sit through a movie in the theater. I was unsure because he has sat for over an hour at home and watched things.

And your daughter couldn't have been worse than me during UP. I was pregnant and cried (pretty loudly at times) from the first scene. Dang hormones! :lmao:

7. emlydecia

emlydecia Earning My Ears

I think you have to wait for 1 to 2 years more.

8. Babbletrish

Babbletrish DIS Veteran

A year and a half, eh? Well, it's "Winnie the Pooh", so there really isn't a better First-Ever Theater Experience you could ask for. I'd say why not? Do a matinee at an unpopular theater and bring his favorite snack. And while he probably won't remember much about the movie itself, he will remember his first time ever *being* at the movies, which is a neat experience to introduce him to right away. (And consider this: you've already taken a lot more into consideration than the family that brought their baby to "Return of the King." :eek: )

9. mousterpiece

mousterpiece Mouseketeer

Certainly in terms of subject matter (as I'm sure you caught from Tigger Movie), I don't think there's anything scary in the new Winnie the Pooh, but it all depends on whether you can do what Babbletrish suggests: keep him occupied enough for the 70 minutes if he gets bored. I think it's worth a try, at least because Winnie the Pooh is the rare family movie that's really not scary at all, IMO.