Age to Check In?

saturn5

DISDad #870
Does anyone know how old you have to be to check in to a WDW resort? I am 20 years old. I have heard 25, 18, and 21. But can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks!

You just have to be old enough to sign a binding contract and be legally responsible for your own actions. That's 18.

At WDW, as mentioned, it's 18.

25 is usually the minimum age to rent a car without some sort of huge extra deposit. 21 (while also being the legal drinking age...) is the age that many non-Disney hotels restrict to. So it's understandable where the other numbers came from, but at Disney, it's 18.

for the record Disney is also the ONLY cruise line that permits 18 year olds to sail without having to be married or requiring someone 25 or older to book the cruise.. although not all itineraries or dates are allowed.

Wonderful!! It makes me feel a whole lot better now! :woohoo:

One more question, Does anyone know what the earliest time we can check in? Our plan is to arrive early, like 7AM to get checked in, then visit HS our room is ready. Will WL allow us to arrive and check in at 7AM???

You can arrive at any time you want to. That early in the morning, it's likely that there won't be any rooms available, so you couldn't go to your room. But you can check in, and leave your bags at the hotel. Then they will contact you when your room is available, and you will then be able to get into your room. But you will be free to do whatever you want once you drop your bags off!:woohoo:

You can arrive at any time you want to. That early in the morning, it's likely that there won't be any rooms available, so you couldn't go to your room. But you can check in, and leave your bags at the hotel. Then they will contact you when your room is available, and you will then be able to get into your room. But you will be free to do whatever you want once you drop your bags off!:woohoo:

Alright!! Thank you very much and I am looking forward to that very early arrival!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter