1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Age old question! POFQ or POR

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Holluvstmcgraw, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Holluvstmcgraw

Holluvstmcgraw Earning My Ears

I am going 2/24-2/28. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old. POFQ is $243 cheaper with PS&D. My friend and disney TA is saying POFQ all the way for the location and size. I really like the look of the royal rooms though! WWYD?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LegoMom3

LegoMom3 I have just met you and I love you.

POR is my all-time favorite resort, BUT, in your case with the little ones, POFQ is probably a better choice. It's smaller, more compact, easier to navigate. There's a neat dragon slide at the pool (if you'll be using that). Also, at least in my previous experience, the buses at the end of the day, leaving the parks, tend to have a much shorter line going back to POFQ than POR. When the kiddos are tired, that long wait can be a bummer!!

Both resorts are beautiful! You really can't go wrong either way.

4. mom2AidanAndEli

mom2AidanAndEli DIS Veteran

We stayed at POFQ for the first time this August and can't wait to go back!!! The compact size is just amazing. Everything is just a short walk. And, to me, one of the best things was only one bus stop! Only once did we have to make the swing through POR when heading to a park (an off time, late afternoon). After having to stop four times before we left, I thought I'd never want to do that every single bus ride. If you do share a bus leaving the parks POFQ is always first off, so even that's convenient.

The staff was always amazing, the food court good, and the pool a lot of fun. And if you want to take a walk over to the POR food court, restaurant, or pool, that's easy enough too.

I'd say save the $200+ and use it for something else on your trip!

5. haPevraftr

haPevraftr DIS Veteran

POFQ with little ones, for sure!

6. WDW_Diane

WDW_Diane Mouseketeer

I agree....I think that POFQ is a hidden gem, and I'd like to keep it that way. :)

7. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

I've stayed at both resorts.
    Another vote for POFQ for the same reasons as the pp's. :goodvibes

8. tcherjen

tcherjen DIS Veteran

We stayed at POR last time it was awesome. We walked to POFQ and loved it. We think we are going to stay there on our next trip for a few nights before we switch to one of the family suites.

9. MiramarQE

MiramarQE Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 Agree all around - the best POR alternative is a preferred room in Alligator Bayou - this gets you closer to the main building, gives you a flip-down bed (total of 3 separate beds) and "shrinks" POR down to POFQ size - but greater cost and limited availability may make this inappropriate for you.

10. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

it's all opinion you realize:thumbsup2 I like just about any Disney resort...but I really love POFQ..... I'd choose it in a heartbeat....:lovestruc

11. Jenny1975

Jenny1975 Earning My Ears

We stayed at POFQ for the first time during Christmas and fell in love with the resort!It is very small,quiet,quaint and beautiful.Regardless of what building you are staying in you are so close to the food court and bus stop.Love how there is only one bus stop too!We only shared a bus with Riverside 2x last week but they were during off times..Love the ferry to Downtown Disney too!!!

12. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

LOVE the royal rooms too! they are so well themed. However, for the price difference, I would probably stay at POFQ.

Either way you choose you can't go wrong. Both are great choices!

13. tcherjen

tcherjen DIS Veteran

I love POR.. We walked to POFQ one night and it was very nice too. We are going to stop by and get benyas my family loves those.

14. RHMH

RHMH FTW Texas

IMO - POFQ - the size is really nice. The Mardi Gras theme is neat.

15. ReluctantDisaholic

ReluctantDisaholic Mouseketeer

We love both - but if I had to choose, I'd say POR is our favourite of the 2.

We chose POFQ for our upcoming trip, though, because of the size. Since we go during a busy time, we wanted to be less spread out and closer to conveniences. And we found last year there were longer waits for a bus leaving the parks to go back to POR - a few times we took a POFQ bus because it was right there and mostly empty, then just walked to POR.