Age appropriate rides in Sea World for 10 year old boy

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by paucat, May 23, 2012.

1. paucat

paucat Earning My Ears

We are travelling with our 10 year old grandson in April 2013. What rides and/or attractions would be best for a timid 10 year old. Thank you very much.:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CarolineB

CarolineB DIS Veteran

My 8 year old liked journey to atlantis (part boat ride, part roller coaster,) wild arctic (helicopter ride simulator), and the kiddie rides in Shamu's Happy Harbor. There's also a 3 story play structure with nets and slides.

You can pay extra for the Sky Tower and the Paddle Boats. If you want to go on the Paddle Boats, go early before it gets too hot.

4. KBF

KBF DIS Veteran

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the sky tower is free now. The paddle boats still have a charge though.

5. CarolineB

CarolineB DIS Veteran

I didn't know the sky tower is included with park admission -- thanks for that tip. I visited Sea World this past year many times (I live next door to Sea World) and didn't notice that.

6. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

It wasn't included when we were there for our New Years trip either. Then it changed very shortly thereafter:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Attractions/Rides/Sky-Tower

7. basas

basas <font color=deeppink>The majority of people are st

I would say everything but the two "big" coasters (Kraken and Manta) should be OK. Journey to Atlantis is a flume ride (like Splash Mountain), but with a small roller coaster portion. Wild Arctic is a simulator like Star Tours. Fortunately, most attractions at Sea World are suitable for the entire family to enjoy together.

8. CarolineB

CarolineB DIS Veteran

You can still see the Wild Arctic movie even if you don't want to ride the simulator -- just take the "walk" side instead of the "ride" side -- the "walk" line is shorter too.

9. liquidbase

liquidbase Mouseketeer

In realtiy, everyone is different. I would suggest showing your grandson videos of the attractions from websites like Youtube. This will allow him to see the rides from start to finish without actually riding them so he can decide for himself unless he doesn't want to be spoiled.

10. CarolineB

CarolineB DIS Veteran

That's true -- I brought DS8 to Turtle Trek this week and he was scared -- I didn't expect this but it just goes to show, you never know.