Again nothing yet my friends

Thanks Danny & Black! This wait is destroying my nerves since its the only way we can afford it this yr!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

I second that. Thanks for sharing with us what you know. We definitely appreciate it. We are all so excited to plan our next trip and your information helps so much

All I care is what Danny and Black are hearing. Their informaiton, rumor or not, in my experience, has been right on.

I will never quote them. I realize the Disney Gods can change anything at any moment.

So, I just wait for Danny and Black to decode the DIS chatter and check their Crystal Ball and then fill the rest of us dreamers in on their findings.

As always, Danny and Black..... you ROCK :cool1: and I thank you for your help!

Decoding this much chatter can sometimes require a supercomputer. Haha

In all seriousness, I posted a long message over in the free dining watch thread in the dining plan section of the restaurant forum. It's long so I don't want to copy it over hear. But it gives my thoughts on a number of things. Have a look.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48179213&postcount=1956

I just wanted to say thank you as well. I've recently started looking into a trip in November and have been lurking around these boards. Before I really sit down with my husband to talk about when and where I need to get all my information together and work on my boys really sad we want to go to Disney faces!

I just wanted to say thank you as well. I've recently started looking into a trip in November and have been lurking around these boards. Before I really sit down with my husband to talk about when and where I need to get all my information together and work on my boys really sad we want to go to Disney faces!

:rotfl2:

My DS has perfected that look. This was his face when our ME bus pulled away from POP last year...

:rotfl2:

My DS has perfected that look. This was his face when our ME bus pulled away from POP last year...

Ha! I think that will be my face if there is no discount for our trip :rotfl2:

The worst part is I had a bounce back offer all set in place with free dining. Then our school district changed the calendar in March to start a week earlier in August! Augh! No more free dining (it started on the 18th and we are getting there on the 15th now).

Thanks Danny for keeping us informed. I really appreciate it no matter the outcome!

Decoding this much chatter can sometimes require a supercomputer. Haha

In all seriousness, I posted a long message over in the free dining watch thread in the dining plan section of the restaurant forum. It's long so I don't want to copy it over hear. But it gives my thoughts on a number of things. Have a look.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48179213&postcount=1956

IMHO - Disney is waiting to see what happens with all this Sequester stuff. right now, lots of people seem to have booked...so why offer a "killer" deal when you already have people reserving.

Now, depending upon how bad sequester hits people, people may start cancelling reservations. And if that is the case Disney may have to start pulling out some killer deals to entice people during its traditionally slowest time of the year.

We are still early on in this sequester stuff, give it a bit longer and Disney will see how bad sequester is going to hit, if at all, and I am sure within the next 4-6 weeks we will have our offers. The didn't put out the Summer offer till right after the Spring Promo expired for making reservations...so it could be as late as June 14th, when the last day to book is for the current promo.

I posted this earlier today in another thread. As it turns out, Disney is going to make an announcement Thursday (April 25) regarding a summer event involving Monsters Inc which will include another 24 hour party at Magic Kingdom on May 24. Not exactly the announcement we wanted to hear on that date, but if anyone will be there during that time, it could be exciting.

Hi. I'm brand new to the board and have been reading up and learning a lot about Disney - you guys are awesome!

My husband and I called Disney and booked our resort and tickets last night for a September visit! I thought this was interesting - I asked about future special offers, specifically free dining, and the lady said that they don't know in advance what specific offers are coming out. However, she said that after working there for 5 years, every time Disney is getting ready to release really popular offers (FD), CM's are told ahead of time to expect working really long hours booking new vacation packages. She said that her team (Team Tangled) was told that sometime during the week of May 5th, to expect putting in long days.

So, take it for what it's worth. Have a wonderful day! :tinker:

Hi. I'm brand new to the board and have been reading up and learning a lot about Disney - you guys are awesome!

My husband and I called Disney and booked our resort and tickets last night for a September visit! I thought this was interesting - I asked about future special offers, specifically free dining, and the lady said that they don't know in advance what specific offers are coming out. However, she said that after working there for 5 years, every time Disney is getting ready to release really popular offers (FD), CM's are told ahead of time to expect working really long hours booking new vacation packages. She said that her team (Team Tangled) was told that sometime during the week of May 5th, to expect putting in long days.

Check you out! New to the board & you bring awesome info! Welcome to DIS!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We went on the free dining plan last year with arrival on Oct 4. Looking back at the credit card statements, I booked in late May. We are waiting for the late summer package again before deciding whether to schedule a visit or not.

The concern I have is between the very long bounceback deals, and those that are stating they are booking anyway and will adjust if something better is offered, that Disney will see bookings are high and not offer much at all.

Yea! Thanks! And :welcome: Along the same line, on my day 180 I could not make ADR's for several hours and for 'Ohana 2 days because something was being done to computer systems. When I asked if this was normal, CM said yes when a new announcement is coming out. The next day, this summers promo was announced. So, if any of you are trying to make ADR's and are told computers are down, let us know. Could be a sign a big announcement is coming.:goodvibes

Can't wait....ready to book!!!! Even more ready to GO!!!

We went on the free dining plan last year with arrival on Oct 4. Looking back at the credit card statements, I booked in late May. We are waiting for the late summer package again before deciding whether to schedule a visit or not.

The concern I have is between the very long bounceback deals, and those that are stating they are booking anyway and will adjust if something better is offered, that Disney will see bookings are high and not offer much at all.

And this is why I don't have a room reservation right now. :thumbsup2

Also, why would I make a reservation only to need to change it to the new promotion when it comes out? How is that easier than making a new one on the day the promotion comes out? I just don't see the logic, sorry. :confused3

And this is why I don't have a room reservation right now. :thumbsup2

Also, why would I make a reservation only to need to change it to the new promotion when it comes out? How is that easier than making a new one on the day the promotion comes out? I just don't see the logic, sorry. :confused3

I agree. Unless you are willing to pay rack rate, there is no benefit in booking ahead of time. It doesn't "hold" your spot for when a discount comes along. I too would think it would make Disney think that discounts are not needed, since it's booked up!

:wave2: Welcome! Congrats on booking your trip!!! I am dearly hoping for some free dining news soon as I think that my family is sick of me talking about it...lol. Thanks for the encouraging news :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter