after staying in Deluxe for past 2 trips, could you go to a Value?

Sure, if meant the difference between going or not going, I could even camp in a tent at Fort Wilderness (this from a girl who thinks roughing it is staying at AS-Mo!) We stayed at AS-Mo and it was nice (not deluxe by any means) but we had a good time. My only 2 suggestions if you are staying at AS-Mo are drive to the parks in the morning (last stop, so many times the busses are full by the time they get to you) and take ear plugs... you really can hear every toilet flush!;)

We've stayed at values, mods and deluxes.....we were spoiled during our deluxe stays WL/Poly/GF and this past trip we stayed at POFQ and I thought it would never compare....however, I was wrong....it is a beautiful resort. Truthfully, I found the bed more comfortable at POFQ than the one at WL (though we do love the Lodge). Going back to a value would be very tough for us, but staying at POFQ would not be at all....I'd give that a try....good luck!!

What is the big deal, it's just a room to sleep in? I'm sure you'll be spending most of your time in the parks.

I couldn't do it. I'd rather stay home, or at the Hilton. For those who are happy with it--that's great. We've been to WDW many times, and tend to spend almost as much time relaxing in our room or the balcony as we do in the parks, so in that respect I'm sure we are different than many.

I travel a lot and would rather stay home if the room wasn't going to be comfortable, and I don't find value rooms to be so. DH and I just don't get any sleep when sharing a double bed.

JMHO, your milage may vary.

Anne

Absolutely!
We really enjoy the value resorts. They are perfect for our kids who love the theming and much prefer food courts over sit down restaurants. The bus service has always been great for us as are the CMs. I would probably stay in values(over moderates) even if they werent as cheap as they are.

With that said, I love the deluxes we have stayed at too, and of course I much prefer them to the values, mostly because of the easier transportation options. But while I could spend 200.00-300.00 a night on a hotel room I have a hard time justifying that for every night of every trip. We like to split the stays value/deluxe or go back and forth(1 trip deluxe, 1 trip value).

When we are at the values we have just as good quality of a trip as when we are at deluxes. :goodvibes

Yes. We are doing it this summer. We usually stay at Value resorts.We stayed at AKL in December. We loved it, but when given the choice my DD (8) chose Pop. She loves to see the Disney icons and the Hippy Dippy pool with spraying flowers. She also loves Goofy's popjets. The food court had a good variety and she loves the cheese fries! :wave:

Hotel Snob here...That being said we are doing our first moderate at CBR
I know its not going to be the same as my beloved Poly but I "know" it ahead of time and set my expectations very low so that I will be presently suprised :cool1:
thats the way I see it, and anywhere at DW is better than home :earsboy: :wizard: :earseek: :banana:

mhingher said:
What is the big deal, it's just a room to sleep in? I'm sure you'll be spending most of your time in the parks.

I have to agree. I have traveled for business and stayed in nicer hotels but I like to save money and spend it on other things (nice meal, souvineers, etc). I guess it really depends on how much time you spend in your room/hotel. There is no way I could spend $200-300 a night on a room!

Brenda

We have never stayed at a value; almost did this trip, but found CR at AP rates last week.

However, if it meant more days, I would stay at the Pop. I would want to go there during the first days of the trip. Then you have the "biggie" to look forward to and end your trip with a bang!

I have a friend who has stayed at almost every hotel on the property (GF, Poly, SoG, CR, AKL, BWI, Dolphin, BC, YC, and Pop). She used the Pop when $ was tight. They thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a deluxe, but was what they needed at the time.

Agree with the other posters: It's still Disney!!!!

Happiness is a state of mind!! Don't expect a value resort to be the GF it's not.
It's a cheap place to sleep so people can enjoy the magic on a budget. That being said if you know what to expect and you're happy with that you'll be fine. Personally I like the deluxes and it's worth it to me to pay a little more because I
feel like I get my monies worth. :cool1:

If it came down between being able to go or not, I would stay off site if that need be. How much time do you really stay in your room anyway.

Must be a LOT of people spending time in their rooms! I have done Contemporary, WL, and Port orleans. Had a great time at all. Unless weather was bad, we did not spend much time in room. All were clean and friendly. Rooms are for sleeping,and would I take a deluxe over moderate if for free. Never stood at value, but if it meant NOT going to Disney,or staying at a value, I choose value in a sec! pirate:

My family has stayed in every "group" (value to deluxe) and from our experiences we had just as good or even a better time then when we stayed in a value compared to a deluxe. I guess when my family visits WDW, we don't expect too much out of the hotel. The Grand Floridian just didn't do anything special for us, yes it was "grander" then Pop Century but otherwise we go to our room to sleep. Of course a lot of families go for the whole experience at the hotel and I bet a deluxe will be hard to leave :( In the end, the only deluxe we have stayed in which I guess isn't a deluxe beacuse it isn't in WDW. When we stayed at the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, we were BLOWN AWAY! Now that was luxury and a half!!!

I've never stayed at a value, but I've stayed in low-budget hotels before.. If i HAD to, I think a value at Disney would be better than no Disney. I would do everything I possibly could to make sure I didn't HAVE to tho. They just don't seem to have that magical Disney feeling to them.. at least not from the photos I've seen. :>

Nope, couldn't do it. Moderates are fine, but I would rather save longer than stay at a value resort.

CLC Tiger Pom Mom :cheer2:
Deb

in a word?...NO :teeth:

hated all star music. i have never stayed in a deluxe, but have been in a moderate (POR) and will be in another moderate this march (CSR! :Pinkbounc )

We often switch between deluxe and mod/value on the same trip. In Dec DH and I spent 4 nights at WL followed by 4 nights at Pop. We loved both! And actually, Pop was quieter than WL in the morning. I've found the level of service to be equally great, irregardless of the level of resort. I think a lot depends on your expectations, and how you like to spend your resort time. If a themed pool and hot tub are important, than the deluxe is the place for you. I like the convenience of food courts, especially when the kids are along, so mod or value is better for us. It is all a matter of personal preference, at that is one of the great things about WDW, they can accommodate all kinds of choices.

I have done Value and Deluxe during the same trip and never have had any problems. My expectations were set appropriately, thus enabling me to truly enjoy each resort.

I plan on continuing this tradition of "mixing things up." I find my vacations are more fun that way because I get to experience everything imaginable. I haven't had a bad vacation yet in WDW.

No problem. Our first stay in WDW was at DxL and we loved it. Stayed there again. Then at Polynesian. Then bought dvc at BWV. We stay at BWV or BCV and then switch over to an AllStars for extra time at the end!!! If it's just my dd and myself it's no problem. We have had plenty of room. We haven't done it yet with Dh but I don't see that as a problem. But, on the other hand...we don't tend to use the extra ameneties at the deluxes, other than the great pools. No going to the spa, or the more upscale restaurants.
So, we will still start off at our home resort and then finish at a value, or reverse it...all depends on our mood!!

I would have to say no, if money was no object. We love AKL but if it's a little to much for our budget then we would attemp a value. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter