After hours - $149 for EMH?

I am guessing it hasn't sold like they wanted...
Yeah me too. A 50% right out of the gate is a very large discount (at least in my book) for WDW. I had inklings that there might be discount applied soon if it didn't sell but I wasn't expecting the discount to be half off...even if it's for those with APs and DVC members.

They have released AP and DVC discounts for this event now $75 instead of $149.

I would imagine those are the hardest demographic to sell it to, so makes sense.
We are AP and would love to do the event, and the only thing that would hold me back is having APs.
This discount I wouldn't even blink.

I think they hit the price point at which I would take advantage of it at least once per trip. I would simply not do one sit down meal in exchange for limited crowds in MK.
We are night owls - $25/hour for 3 hours worth it if they truly limit the number of tickets sold to 10,000 or less.

As an AP, I would do this in a heartbeat for $75 dollars. The low crowds would be great, but I'm seeing some great photo opportunities as well. Sure there will still be people in your pictures, but I'm thinking you could get some really great shots, either if you take the picture yourself or have your picture taken by a PhotoPass Cast Member.

I think they hit the price point at which I would take advantage of it at least once per trip. I would simply not do one sit down meal in exchange for limited crowds in MK.
We are night owls - $25/hour for 3 hours worth it if they truly limit the number of tickets sold to 10,000 or less.
I've heard the limit it closer to 3-4,000.

$75 is certainly more reasonable. If I had the right passes I would probably do it at least once... maybe sacrifice a park day in exchange.

Will be interested to see how this goes long-term. At $75, I imagine there would be a lot more demand. But then, as I think we've all learned with the parties, Disney is willing to increase event capacity to meet demand... Would not be surprised if this becomes a long-term thing with attendance limits slowly creeping up to party levels. Basically the party experience without a holiday.

Sadly, that scenario doesn't necessarily bode well for EMHs, either. But then, it's all speculation.

They have released AP and DVC discounts for this event now $75 instead of $149.

That makes it a much more compelling package. I think Disney presented this badly. They should have trumpeted the cap on attendance and the no-queuing aspects.

My concern remains the same though, if it sells well, they won't cap the attendance and they will cut into regular park hours if they see money to be made.

lol...it's still $75 for normal hours based on overall crowd levels...lets see if the blind squirrel digs this nut.

And we just had an example of what Disney doesn't want:
"We'll Just skip a meal and do this..." Or "sacrifice a park day"

If the radio tags track you decreasing spending to "budget" it...it's gone.

They have no interest in "budgets" on the gravy train.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be funny if Disney knew this all along? Charge $149 , everyone flips out and then charge $75 and now everyone thinks it's a deal.:rolleyes1

I don't think Disney would ever be dishonest like that.

I do agree that switching from a TS to a QS for enough meals to save $75 per person and then spend it on this event makes sense. You're not spending more than you were planning on your trip. You're just trading one "good" experience (table service) or another "good" experience (after hours event).

I do agree that switching from a TS to a QS for enough meals to save $75 per person and then spend it on this event makes sense. You're not spending more than you were planning on your trip. You're just trading one "good" experience (table service) or another "good" experience (after hours event).

Why not? I mean...who are we talking about here?

They wouldn't set prices to drive people to do other things with their money...turn on CNN and watch the 6 day Carnivale still going on in Free Dining Land

There are many companies that offer 25% or 50% off all the time. Just go to any local mall or watch the commercials on TV. I still believe this was deliberate. Disney uses surveys and analytics for pricing so it's hard to believe that could make a mistake like that.

There are many companies that offer 25% or 50% off all the time. Just go to any local mall or watch the commercials on TV. I still believe this was deliberate. Disney uses surveys and analytics for pricing so it's hard to believe that could make a mistake like that.

So do you think if this thing were wildly popular and the minions of Disney fans were hitting the Internet and burning up the phone lines giving up their Visa & M/C numbers to book this thing do you think that Disney would later come out and say, hey we are deciding to lower this price because we want to make it as easy as we can on those visiting our park? (while privately knowing they were going to lower the price anyway) Not at all... This time I believe that Disney came out of this thing with egg all over their face, backed down due to the public demand and lowered their price.

I'm sure you know this but in economics there is something called equilibrium; this is a state of balanced supply and demand. In other words a point where supply meets the need of consumers where the one supplying the goods or service meet the demand and the consumer is happy with the price. It's that happy place for both seller and buyer. When it's out of balance either the supplier increases their prices or if there is not enough demand the price is lowered to increase the demand. This is when we see those 25% or 50% sales or in our case why Disney lowered the price on this event. There just were not enough people willing to say thank you Disney let me give you my credit card so I can book this event. The people have spoken and that company (Disney) whom so many want to believe can do no wrong or make bad decisions did just that and responded. Just my opinion. :goodvibes

The retailers who offer "50% off" all the time do it....all the time!

Next time you walk into a Kohl's or JC Penny's don't look at the clothes. Instead look at all the signage. You'll see 50% off signs on every single rack. They're EVERYWHERE. Those companies strategies is to have you need a pair of jeans, go to their store, walk directly to the jeans, see they're 50% off and think you're getting a good deal. Since you're not looking at every rack, and since you're not there every day, you fail to notice that everything is 50% off all the time.

Compare this with Disney. When have you seen Disney offer 50% off regular entry? Or have you seen a sign in from of Cinderella's Royal Table stating "50% off sale"?

Disney World does not have 50% off sales. Sure they'll do free dining or something, but that's not what this price cut is. This price cut is simply Disney admitting "we thought we could get people to pay $150, but now we see sales are way too slow, so we're cutting the price 50% off and hoping that will drive in the suckers...err crowds!" There's no way that, way back when they came up with this idea, they said "We'll charge an exorbitant amount and then cut the price in half and then people will feel like they're getting deal". That's just not the Disney Way.

The Disney Way is to charge a lot and never cut the price. Just gouge, gouge, gouge!

This was a test for sure, a test to see how far they could push it with the consumer. Disney's consumer finally has done something they haven't done in a long time, they pushed back.

Disney released the price, then stuck at that price for the first 2 events, if people showed up they would not have lowered the price. Lowering the price points to the fact that they simply did not sell nearly as many tickets as they thought they would.

Whether we like the term or not, most of us here are "fanatics". I'm not saying that in a bad way, but we're on a board like The Dis because we LOVE disney more than the average person. If people on here are upset by something like this, I think it says something.

Had some friends down there last week. They were handed free passes to this while sitting in the lobby of their hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter