After All This We are going To Need Some Magic **Sad Update 8/20**

I would let the TA do the ADRs. That way you can know that they have gotten done.

Wonderful cinderella dress!

Haha, that's kind-of crazy about your C-section being on your ADR day. :rotfl: I think you should make them while they're doing the operation. :lmao: (kidding, kidding)

Wow, that Cobb Salad looks great (we love the Brown Derby one). I should look that recipe up if I'm feeling ambitious someday.

Cute things you've made! You are very talented. Hope Charlotte had a great time at Cinderella! :goodvibes

Ha ha! I cannot believe your ADR day is the day of your C-section! What are the odds. Despite me being a huge control freak, I think I'd pass that one off on my TA. Your brain is going to be going a million miles a minute that morning anyways!

Cecilia's bibs are adorable! You're going to have so much fun with two princesses to dress up on your next trip!

I'm sure Charlotte LOVED Cinderella! She sure looks adorable and her dress is so cute! Great job!

Aww, that Cindy dress is adorable! And so is Charlotte in it!

Great job on the bibs as well. I am always in awe of the great sewers... you ladies are amazing!

And that's great your mom is fighting. They say that the fight & the positive attitude go such a far way when fighting/beating cancer!

Oh I LOVE the Cinderella dress!! And her hair looks great!!

Super cute bibs too. I squealed a little at the castle one. :love:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Joining in.

I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope that she continues to get positive results from the doctors. I love the name that you picked for your new DD. I am looking forward to your ptr and seeing more of your beautiful sewing.
:welcome: and Thank you! So glad to have you along!
I would let the TA do the ADRs. That way you can know that they have gotten done.

Wonderful cinderella dress!
Thank you! I have already talked to my TA and she is all set to make our ADRs! I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier!

Haha, that's kind-of crazy about your C-section being on your ADR day. :rotfl: I think you should make them while they're doing the operation. :lmao: (kidding, kidding)

Wow, that Cobb Salad looks great (we love the Brown Derby one). I should look that recipe up if I'm feeling ambitious someday.

Cute things you've made! You are very talented. Hope Charlotte had a great time at Cinderella! :goodvibes
That would be so funny! Hang on I have to get this 'Ohana ADR before you hand me the baby!:rotfl2:
Umm, that cobb salad soooo good and the recipe is so close, you should totally try it! Thank you!

Aww, that Cindy dress is adorable! And so is Charlotte in it!

Great job on the bibs as well. I am always in awe of the great sewers... you ladies are amazing!

And that's great your mom is fighting. They say that the fight & the positive attitude go such a far way when fighting/beating cancer!
Awe thank you! Sewing has always been a passion of mine. However, these days its hard to get motivated to do anything! :rotfl2:I am very proud of mom for her fight. She is working harder at this than I ever thought possible
Oh I LOVE the Cinderella dress!! And her hair looks great!!

Super cute bibs too. I squealed a little at the castle one. :love:
Thanks! It was sooo hard to do her hair like that, she kept saying I don't need anymore bobbaly pins in my hair! Silly girl.
Thanks I am pretty excited about the castle one too!

Ha ha! I cannot believe your ADR day is the day of your C-section! What are the odds. Despite me being a huge control freak, I think I'd pass that one off on my TA. Your brain is going to be going a million miles a minute that morning anyways!

Cecilia's bibs are adorable! You're going to have so much fun with two princesses to dress up on your next trip!

I'm sure Charlotte LOVED Cinderella! She sure looks adorable and her dress is so cute! Great job!

I know isn't that crazy! I am a total control freak, but I have discussed it with my TA and I am sure I am leaving them in very capable hands.

I can not wait to decide on outfits for these two! One girl is fun, but two that can be matching or coordinating...even more fun!

She did love Cinderella and still talks about getting to go to the fox. It was a special night for her! Thank you!

So, I know I have been a little MIA around here, but life gets crazy as it always does!
First of all, Mom is back in the hospital. She was getting so weak, not only had she stopped walking , but she was having trouble holding her body up, and opening things, etc. She basically lost all strength. She had a doctors appointment and her cancer doctor had her admitted to the hospital right away. After days of testing, it was determined that the radiation treatments she went trough in Oct/Nov left scare tissue that was creating stroke like effects in her brain. So, even though the cancer continues to get smaller (docs are even using the words near remission!) she has yet another mountain to climb. She will be in the hospital for several weeks doing acute therapy. The goal is to get her to a point where she can use the restroom, get dressed and groom herself. My mom is not one who responds well to having to be on a schedule, or to really dealing with people at all. When they tell her you need to work harder, she takes it very personally. But, I am happy to report yesterday she walked 100 steps and today 200. So, progress is being made!

In the midst of all this we did manage to squeeze in another movie night! We didn't do any decorations this time, and Charlotte just wore regular clothes (she was totally bummed about that!) But it was a fun family night. For our movie we watched Aladdin, my favorite growing up. For dinner we had Aladdin's kabobs, the sultan's salad, Jasmine rice, Genie juice and Abu's monkey bread.
image_zpszyvur1qi.jpg

Charlotte helping make the Monkey Bread

image_zpscze2yzpf.jpg

Our meal

image_zpsaqqtgplt.jpg

Monkey bread

In trip news, I have started thinking about our MNSSHP costumes here are my ideas so far:
Charlotte Minnie, Cecilia Figaro, Bob Mickey Me Daisy
Charlotte Ariel , Cecilia Flounder, Bob Eric, Me Ursula
Charlotte Miss Piggy, Cecilia Fozy,Bob Swedish Chef Me Kermit

Right now I am leaning towards the Muppets, since I think it will be the most original!

So, that's it for now! I truly appreciate all of you for reading along! This has been a tough time for me. Planning this trip and venting here has been important to me! Thanks for being a part of it all.

Sorry to hear about your mother! At least the the cancer is going away.

The movie night looks fun!

In trip news, I have started thinking about our MNSSHP costumes here are my ideas so far:
Charlotte Minnie, Cecilia Figaro, Bob Mickey Me Daisy
Charlotte Ariel , Cecilia Flounder, Bob Eric, Me Ursula
Charlotte Miss Piggy, Cecilia Fozy,Bob Swedish Chef Me Kermit

I like the muppet Idea as well. its fun!

I am so sorry about your mother- pixie dust and prayers that she continues to regain her strength. Glad to hear the cancer is 'almost in remission'. That is AWESOME!

I love your Aladdin night & I love Monkey Bread.

Also, when my older two were little, I did the Ariel/Flounder theme and to this day it remains some of my favorite pictures. I have a huge 11x13 framed of them in their little outfits! (sorry if these are big- I can't figure out why the new platform makes my pics so gigantic!)

docs are even using the words near remission!
That is incredible! So happy to hear that!

But, I am happy to report yesterday she walked 100 steps and today 200. So, progress is being made!
Also great news! Very tough circumstances, but sounds like you all are making the best of them and your mom is motivated to overcome the challenges.

You are pretty darn motivated too, doing a themed movie night while dealing with that and being pregnant! I should do some of those movie nights someday. :rolleyes1 Looks like fun - I haven't had monkey bread in forever - yum!

I love all your costume ideas! Since we've been watching so much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse here, I love the idea of the baby being Figaro. :lovestruc But I don't think you can go wrong with any of those options, they all sound adorable!

Also, when my older two were little, I did the Ariel/Flounder theme and to this day it remains some of my favorite pictures. I have a huge 11x13 framed of them in their little outfits! (sorry if these are big- I can't figure out why the new platform makes my pics so gigantic!)

This is just insanely cute!!! Love it! :love:

So glad your mom's cancer is getting small! That's wonderful!

Love your movie night as always!

Love Minnie/Figaro or Ariel/Flounder! Love, love, love baby costumes!!! Can't wait to see what you decide!

:rotfl2:
Sorry to hear about your mother! At least the the cancer is going away.

The movie night looks fun!

I like the muppet Idea as well. its fun!
Thank you! We do enjoy our movie nights! So far Bob is 100% behind the muppets, Charlotte is 100% behind The little mermaid...we'll see who wins!

I am so sorry about your mother- pixie dust and prayers that she continues to regain her strength. Glad to hear the cancer is 'almost in remission'. That is AWESOME!

I love your Aladdin night & I love Monkey Bread.

OMG your kiddos are so cute! I love it! Charlotte really wants to be the little mermaid! Although she wants her sister to also be the little mermaid and mommy too! That's a lot of mermaids for only one prince Eric to handle!:rotfl2:Bob really wants to be the Swedish Chef, so he can use the accent.

That is incredible! So happy to hear that!

Also great news! Very tough circumstances, but sounds like you all are making the best of them and your mom is motivated to overcome the challenges.

You are pretty darn motivated too, doing a themed movie night while dealing with that and being pregnant! I should do some of those movie nights someday. :rolleyes1 Looks like fun - I haven't had monkey bread in forever - yum!

I love all your costume ideas! Since we've been watching so much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse here, I love the idea of the baby being Figaro. :lovestruc But I don't think you can go wrong with any of those options, they all sound adorable!
Life certainly has its share of ups and downs these days, but we are hanging in there. You should do a movie night! They are so fun, Izzy would love it!
So glad your mom's cancer is getting small! That's wonderful!

Love your movie night as always!

Love Minnie/Figaro or Ariel/Flounder! Love, love, love baby costumes!!! Can't wait to see what you decide!
Thanks! It was a rather low key movie night, but still fun! I can't wait until we actually decide on costumes! Its so hard to decide!

Just found your PTR. Sending prayers to your Mom and family. Love your movie nights. I just started planning some for my family so I may be borrowing some of your ideas :)

Also love the muppet costume idea!

Frozen On Ice
I have been trying to get to this post for a week now! Last Sunday we went to Frozen on Ice and it was so awesome! Charlotte absolutely LOVED the show and was totally immersed in it the entire time we were there! If it comes to a city near you, I highly recommend you go! Well worth it. The day before we went to the show, we got a pretty big snow. It was so fun to go see frozen with the snow all around us! It was like Elsa was really in town!

Of course I had to make a special outfit for Charlotte, this time I made her a fleece Elsa hoodie:
image_zps400kglxx.jpg

Here are some other pics from our very fun day:
image_zpsg8t7bd8c.jpg

image_zpsgac9larn.jpg

And after the show Charlotte insisted on building a snowman "all by herself":
image_zps5d9tvh0k.jpg

That is a carrot for the nose and peanuts for the eyes and mouth. Like, I said all by herself!

So, not much other new stuff going on, just a quick update to fill you in on our Frozen fun!

Just found your PTR. Sending prayers to your Mom and family. Love your movie nights. I just started planning some for my family so I may be borrowing some of your ideas :)

Also love the muppet costume idea!
:welcome: So glad to have you along!
Thank you for your prayers! We really need them! Thanks! We have another one coming up soon!

I can't stand the cuteness!!!

And I can't believe you made that fleece! Beautiful! Love it!!!!

Hi! Joining in here.

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time with your mom, sure sounds like a roller coaster. Great news on the cancer though. It's really nice that you live so close to be able to enjoy her and help out.

Congrats on girl #2, very very exciting. Love her name and really love the nickname. That is super crazy that your c-section is your ADR day. Sounds like BOG dinner is hard to come by (at least in the beginning of September) and TA's are having more luck getting the reservations. Just an observation, people in my September FB group are going crazy over not getting a BOG dinner reservation.

I love your movie nights!!! We are doing them too, keeping it simple, but it is a blast for the kids.

The bibs are so stinking cute! I love the dresses you made for Charlotte too, I wish I knew how to sew like that. I've got skirts down, but that's about as far as I've been able to go.

I love all your plans and can't wait to hear more!

joining in for your trip report. We will keep your mom and family in our thoughts and prayers. Sending pixie dust to all of you. your plans look great and your sewing is awesome. that little hoodie was adorable.

Edited to add: I can totally relate to the anniversary/birthday dilemna. Not only do four of mine have Holiday birthdays (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and MLK Day), but my middle son, Collin, was born on our 5th anniversary as well

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter