Affordable Car Rental From Tampa Airport?

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by pokee99, Nov 6, 2012.

1. pokee99

pokee99 Mouseketeer

Just wondering if anyone has rented from TPA before. Soooo expensive with all the surcharges and everything - maybe it's better to rent from a nearby hotel that has the car rental place there, or a rental nearby a local hotel?

Also, just wondering if anyone has some good codes. Our dates are June 28 - July 9, 2013. So far finding that Entertainment book e-codes offer the best discounts I can find.

Thanks in advance!

2. CanuckTraveller

CanuckTraveller Mouseketeer

I booked a Camry though Enterprise last year for Dec 29-31 and paid $100 total with taxes. I booked it through my WorkPerks and it was the best deal I found at the time. It as ver convenient, actually I liked the TPA airport better than MCO and would choose to fly out of TPA if I had the choice.

3. pokee99

pokee99 Mouseketeer

Good to know! I find that flights are easier to find to TPA than MCO, as well - at least from connection points out west! Thanks!

4. Demi_8

Demi_8 Earning My Ears

Try the Budget BCD X474200 code mentioned numerous times here on these boards. It is a public Travelocity code that seems to have been used successfully for several years. We will be using this for a mini van rental on our upcoming Dec. 22 to Jan 6 trip (total for the two weeks is $524.91 tax incl). We are flying into Fort Lauderdale, but spending Christmas with family in Boca Raton. We decided to get family to pick us up at the airport and get a vehicle from an off airport location. We saved about $110.00 doing it this way so definitely try to get a rental off airport if you are able to swing it.