AF Brenda

Debbie in Townsville

Mouseketeer
This is off-topic, but AF Brenda posts on this board and she's stationed in D.C. She was in my thoughts and prayers. BRENDA - let us know if you are okay!

Thank you so much for your prayers! I'll post here what I put on the Community Board, to give you an idea of what happened here yesterday:

Let me tell you all what I saw yesterday. DH and I are active duty Air Force, stationed in Washington DC. When the planes hit NY, we decided that our kids (DD - 7, DS - 5), would go spend a few days in North Carolina with Grandma & Grandpa. We have always worried about a terrorist attack in DC, and since we enlisted, but the kids didn't, we wanted them out of here, "just in case". So, I drove south on I-395 towards their school in Alexandria, VA. Just as I approached the Pentagon, on my right, I watched as the airliner crashed into the side of the building. The road shook, and I was sure it would collapse. Somehow, I kept my cool, picked up my kids, and hot-footed it out of town, with only the clothes on our backs. I got there, ate, and prepared to return. Then my daughter, who knows her dad doesn't work in the Pentagon, asked me if her daddy would be dead when she came home. She was afraid his building might be attacked, too. I reassured her, with words that felt very hollow to me, since DH is in Defense Intelligence, and thus an obvious target. I then gave my father-in-law my engagement ring, and the first ring DH ever gave me, a gorgeous sapphire. I wanted him to keep them for the kids, in case things didn't turn out well in DC. Nothing has happened since, but I can tell you that the sound of fighter jets is quite reassuring to us. Now, I don't consider myself a vengeful person, but after what I saw, I think that something should, and will, be done. I don't advocate the killing of innocents, but unfortunately, it does happen. I pray not just for our country, but also for the nation or nations that will almost certainly pay a terrible price for this horrible act.

Love to all,
Brenda

{{{HUGS}}} Brenda. It sounds like a truly harrowing experience. I truly hope that the people responsible for this heinous act will be found and punished for what they have done.

I'm so glad you are okay!

We live north of D.C., DH is an MP. Thank God, he wasn't in the Pentagon on Tuesday. He came home that afternoon to pick up his gear and left - he couldn't tell me where he was going or when he would be home. He did come home last night about 2am. The phone was ringing off the hook while he was here, and I had to unplug the upstairs phones so it wouldn't wake the kids. I got up before 7am this morning, and he had already left again. I think his schedule will be like that for awhile!

Thank God you and your family are alright being raised in the Navy I know that reassuring sound of fighter Jets you are talking about. It still brings tears to my eyes to see a Naval officer in his dresswhites saluting befor boarding ship.God Bless all our forces and the Great work you do protecting this Great country of ours.

Thanks

Mal

What a horrifying experience that must have been...I am glad to hear you are okay...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter