Advocare and running

I have a friend that sells it. She uses it and just started training for a half. She swears that it makes a difference. I personally think it is kind of a gimmick but I have never personally tried it. This is just my opinion. I have done 7 or 8 halves and a couple of fulls. As long as you have a balanced diet and follow a training plan to increase your mileage slowly I think that is best. I really don't think the advocare products are going to do much more for you than taking caffeinated gu's on your long runs.

But that's just my opinion.

Somewhere down the forum, I offered comments on their products and the company.

They have a few good products, but tend to spoil those products by adding herbs and other proprietary stuff that may or may not have efficacy. The products that are closer to good are the recovery drink and other protein based products. I would not touch any of the other products as the efficacy of the claims are suspect.

If you had questions about a particular product, I would be happy to give some feedback.

The largest issue is that this is just a pyramid marketing scheme. While I have no issue with how folks structure their companies, I would rather not trust my health to a person whose training focuses more on how to grab you as a customer then pull you into the sales force in an effort to earn more $$.

Final thought, as I recall, the celebrity endorsers on the site endorse a very limited set of products. As I recall, none of the well known endorsers are putting their name to the 'magical' products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!