Advise for 1st time Cruisers - Veteran Cruisers please Help us Newbies **Ideas Added

I found another good thread for Newbies on the Cruise Forum Boards, you can find it here. I have also posted the link on the first page of this thread.

Bring ziploc baggies in different sizes. You can find lots of uses for them and if you don't need them, they don't take up much space.

An over the door shoe organizer is great for the bathroom door. There isn't much counterspace in the bathrooms and will help you to keep your items neatly out of the way, yet very accessible.

Be sure to close your closet doors all the way before bed. Sometimes the movement of the ship will make them slam and wake you up. Scares the poo out of you!

An air freshener with night light combo.
Is the last one related to the next to last tip? :eek::rotfl:

If you're prone to motion sickness and are unsure how you will react on the ship- start taking Bonine (one a day) about 2 or 3 days before the cruise and continue all the way through the cruise and up to a couple days after you're back on land.
Seabands work for many too- they helped my DH enormously. :sick:
(They sell them on board in the gift shop if you forget to bring them with you)

Bonine worked wonderfully for me as I am very sensitive to motion. (my biggest problem was actually AFTER the cruise back in WDW!! I still felt the movement of the ship for days afterward)

If you're prone to motion sickness and are unsure how you will react on the ship- start taking Bonine (one a day) about 2 or 3 days before the cruise and continue all the way through the cruise and up to a couple days after you're back on land.
Seabands work for many too- they helped my DH enormously. :sick:
(They sell them on board in the gift shop if you forget to bring them with you)

Bonine worked wonderfully for me as I am very sensitive to motion. (my biggest probalem was ataully AFTER the cruise back in WDW!! I still felt the movement of the ship for days afterward)

That's a great tip...I spoke with my doctor and she prescribed the patch thing to place behind my ear.

Take a few minutes at the end of the day to jot down everything that has happened. So many wonderful things will happen each day it is easy to lose track. Writing them down helps to re-live the special moments when you get home. Helps put a smile on your face even weeks after the cruise

Take a few minutes at the end of the day to jot down everything that has happened. So many wonderful things will happen each day it is easy to lose track. Writing them down helps to re-live the special moments when you get home. Helps put a smile on your face even weeks after the cruise

Great Suggestion Don!!

list updated

Thats a great idea...will help keep the pictures in order also.....

Sitting here, sipping some cocoa for the first time this year, I was reminded of a couple tips regarding beverages on board.

•Mix a pack of cocoa with the coffee to make a hot mocha drink (and it makes the NesCafé taste better)
•There is a way to make a milkshake with some soft serve and milk from the beverage station and some shaking in your container. A DISer posted a very detailed thread about it....don't know where it has slipped to now.
•Bring your own drink cup. DCL provides you with one, but they are small (I would hazard 12oz to be their size)

Good Idea. Or maybe I can just ask my friends for their notes!

Such great ideas...keep them coming...we still have 7 weeks...

Tracey... from Tracy regarding bringing booze aboard.

"Must go in your carry on to bring on the ship"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!