Advice on traveling in July

RavenRob

Mouseketeer
Just booked our first land/sea (4 nite Poly/3 nite Wonder) for July 3rd. Our last 4 visits have been during less crowded times. Now that my DD(6) is in 1st grade I wanted to wait until school is out. I know it is hot but anyone that can offer advice and feedback about this would be great. I am also wondering how the 3 day cruise compares to the 4 day cruise.

We have cruised twice in July with another July cruise in 2006. My dh is a teacher so this is when we go. You can expect calm seas and warm weather. Personally I like the warmer weather for the cruise. When the ship is moving there is a nice breeze so it's not too bad.

Disney World is very warm. We also stayed at the Poly both times. It's a great location. I highly recommend going back to the Poly in the afternoons for either a rest in your room or a swim. It will be very warm and very humid. Drink lots of water and one of those little portable fans worked great for me. I don't think the crowds were too bad but I've never been there any other time so I don't have a comparison.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

noahsmom....I couldn't help but notice that you are travelling one week before we are. We are so excited. We also travel during the summer since our son is in school. Our last cruise was in June 2001 but this time we had to move it to July since we have extended family travelling with us. We can't wait for New Year's Eve this year since it will mean that we are getting closer to our cruise since it will be 2006!!!

just noticed you are travelling week of July 3 too - so are we 4 day land 3 day sea staying at the New Orleans French Quarter - first package we have done

Cheryl kkana

kkana said:
just noticed you are travelling week of July 3 too - so are we 4 day land 3 day sea staying at the New Orleans French Quarter - first package we have done

Cheryl kkana

Cheryl-- great to hear that. We are traveling as a party of 4 with my DW, DD 6, and DS 3 (hopefully will be potty trained by then)!! Keep in touch........

Our granddaughter will turn 8 the week before we go, so it should be fun - I know I'm really looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter