Advice on this itinerary

sunnydays28

Mouseketeer
Details at time of trip:
~Dad, 42: been to MK 1 time while in Orlando in February 2011, he is glad to go and will get more excited as it gets closer, but is not as excited already nor the detailed planner I am
~Mom, 41: done everything from 1 evening in DL to a full-week at Spring Break for a total of 2 DL and 4 WDW, will plan down to the minute detail to have all options available, but very flexible once there
~Z, turning 5 while there: been to MK 1 time while in Orlando in February 2011 at age 2.5, did 7:50am-midnight closing with 1 stroller nap, wants to go back but really has no clue what is in store

These are the definites:
She still naps most days at school for 2 hours but not on weekends, we will have our own car and a stroller.

We will be spending 1 night on the road, 8 nights at WDW, 3 nights at the beach, 1 night on the way home.

Driving down after school on a Wednesday, stay over night on the road, arrive at AoA Little Mermaid room on Thursday early afternoon.

We won't do a park the day we arrive: I will go to the grocery while they explore the resort, we may go to DTD, maybe schedule an ADR.

Pirates and Pals Cruise Friday night

Cinderella's Castle breakfast Saturday AM to start her birthday

Take advantage of MK EMH Sunday night and stay until 1am

Monday sleep in (because of the late night previously), check out of AoA and move to POR, we will hit a park late and take a leisurely pace (maybe Epcot) to just do what we can and stay all day while they move our bags.

One evening this week she is going to Neverland Club while we go do something adult-only.

Check out on Friday, arrive at some point after 4pm to our beach hotel for 3 days.

We will have 6 day park hoppers, planning a day in the middle to swim, sleep, visit DTD and/or other resorts. Should we increase that to 7 day hoppers? We will be using a touring plan and I am an extremely detailed planner, but welcome advice for an almost 4 year old. What have I not thought of, what am I missing, what should I think more about?

A 2 am bedtime would absolutely wreck my 4 yo. She'd be just rocked starting at about 9:00 pm - unable to keep her head up. And if she was awake, would probably be a huge p.i.t.a. Sleeping in the next day or no...there'd need to be some serious recovery time after a night like that - for all of us.

Details at time of trip:
~Dad, 42: been to MK 1 time while in Orlando in February 2011, he is glad to go and will get more excited as it gets closer, but is not as excited already nor the detailed planner I am
~Mom, 41: done everything from 1 evening in DL to a full-week at Spring Break for a total of 2 DL and 4 WDW, will plan down to the minute detail to have all options available, but very flexible once there
~Z, turning 5 while there: been to MK 1 time while in Orlando in February 2011, age 2.5, wants to go back but really has no clue what is in store

These are the definites:
Driving down after school on a Wednesday, stay over night on the road, arrive at AoA Little Mermaid room on Thursday early afternoon.

We don't a park the day we arrive: I will go to the grocery while they explore the resort, we may go to DTD, maybe schedule an ADR.

Pirates and Pals Cruise Friday night

Cinderella's Castle breakfast Friday AM to start her birthday

Take advantage of MK EMH Sunday night and stay until 1am

Monday sleep in, check out of AoA and move to POR, we will hit a park late and stay all day while they move our bags.

Check out on Friday, arrive at some point after 4pm to our beach hotel for 3 days.

We will be using a touring plan and I am an extremely detailed planner, but welcome advice for an almost 4 year old.

There's no such thing as sleeping in at WDW. Pack your bags Sunday night, and they'll move your bags for you on Monday. Go to the parks early, call when you get to POR in the afternoon or when ever and they'll be delivered to your room pretty quickly after you check in.

Why no sleeping in? Meaning it is impossible because of the noise level, bright sun, etc. or it's too hard to do with all the excitement. We will be out very late the night before, I am not going to push to get us packed or awake early.

We are going next month, and my DD will also just be turning 5. She could maybe stay up till 1 for a night (just on adrenaline), but she would be a complete wreck the next day. So if you want to do that, you have chosen the right day, though I wouldn't count on her being down for more than a couple hours at a park (if that).

And remember, even at 5, she won't remember much. We took my step-daughter to DLR when she was almost 6 (she's 12 now)--she really only remembers that she went, not so much what happened. I don't think you need to fit it all in, and too much can overwhelm. So when I take my DD, I am planning a couple things that need to be planned (CRT, pirates and pals cruise), as well as the days we go to each park, but after that, I plan to follow her lead.

What else to remember? Oh--surveys show that the resort pool is little kids' favorite part of a Disney trip. This was true for my step-daughter--about 2 PM she would start whining about wanting to swim!

Have a wonderful trip!

Yeah, we don't plan on 1am more than once. She is a go-go kid and we know she can do late nights several times, but not after midnight more than once. That is also why we are taking it easy the next day, building in a rest day in the middle and laying on the beach 3 days before we go home: we are gonna be whupped!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter