Advice on MNSSHP

gigi729

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Hi there!

We have been to Disney many times, but never around Halloween. It looks like that is going to change this year and we are wondering if MNSSHP is worth doing? We have been for MVMCP and were not very impressed, but we have heard a lot of people say that MNSSHP is WAY better. So just trying to get opinions...is it worth it or not? For those of you who have been, any advice to give? Thanks so much for helping us out!!!

We do have an avid Halloween fan too! pixiedust:

We went last September. We had so much fun, we went a second time before our trip ended. We wore costumes and trick or treated to all the spots. I highly recommend it!

I've done both, and my family definitely prefers MNSSHP over MVMCP and consider it "worth it" to us. We might make it a regular thing every other year or so.

I've done both and I like MVMCP but MNSSHP was so much better. The parade and fireworks were some of the best I've seen is Disney and how could you not love the opportunity to dress up and trick or treat. Just seeing how others get into the spirit is almost worth the cost of admission on its own. pirate:

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand yes-es.

I once heard a story (and I wish I knew where it came from!) that Mickey made a deal with the villains of Disney - if they behaved all year round and didn't cause too much trouble, then during the Halloween season he would let them cut loose a little at the Magic Kingdom - thus the origin of MNSSHP. I share this because it's part of my theory on why MNSSHP is a step above MVMCP; that with it's stock of fantastic villains and baddies, Halloween is something that Disney can own moreso than the holiday season. Or maybe I just love me some villains ;)

But in my personal opinion, MNSSHP blows the Christmas Party's socks off. I think both the parade and the fireworks are far superior, there are more unique character opportunities, and the candy will last longer than the cookies and hot chocolate. Plus you can dress up as family! I hope you decide to go, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

I think it is:thumbsup2 I won't ever do MVMCP again, but I do do MNSSHP .The parade is the BEST disney does, the fireworks are also incredible.The villains are out and about too

My family and I are planning on going in September. we have never done the Halloween party either. Are reservations needed? Is there an extra cost? Thank you. This forum is very informative!:)

We went on 10/23 this past year and really had a great time. HalloWishes was pretty awesome and I STILL have the Boo-To-You parade song stuck in my head (we watched both parades). The Villain M&G after the show was cool, but pretty unorganized. We watched it twice and only got to see 3 Villains. The trick or treating was cool, but we didn't do much of it. We made sure to get pictures at both of the special Photopass locations that have special guests show up only durring MNSSHP. There are lots of characters to see and it is impossible to get everything done in 1 party.

We spent the day in MK. We had a nice breakfast at Boma and made it to MK just after RD. The crowd was really low and we were able to ride just about everything multiple times. This freed us from using valuable party time riding rides (except AO and HM of course). If you choose not to go to MK for the whole day, they start letting people into MK at 4 without having to use a park day on their tickets (you only need a ticket for MNSSHP to get in after 4). We had an early dinner at The Plaza at about 4:30 and were able to check-in for the party before that. After dinner we headed over to where the 7 dwarves were and just hung out. This gave us some time to relax before the party, as well as take care of the dwarves pretty quickly (we were about 7th or 8th on line at 5:45). The line was over an hour when we left. We snacked later on while watching the second parade. Overall it was a pretty good plan.

We would absolutely do it again, once we have kids, but not sure we would go again before kids. It would depend on how we were doing financially and what else we had planned for the trip. We would absolutely try to find a way to fit it in, but if we couldn't it wouldn't bother us too much.

Been twice. My opinion is that is is worth it. They have a great parade. I usually hate parades, but I love this one, the most overlooked thing about the party is seeing all the costumes. It is so much fun to people watch because of all the wonderful costumes.

We love MNSSHP!! We went last Sept. ( our 3 rd time.)
The parade is great and the fireworks rock!

The Mvmcp was fun, but the Halloween party is 10x better!!

We went last October to MNSSHP and I think it is definitely worth it! You can get some great "magical" pictures using Photo Pass and the parade is incredible. We had a relaxing resort day beforehand and ate at The Wave (which we loved) before walking over to MK for the party.

We love MNSSHP! This September will be our 3rd time attending. I highly recommend going. It is alot of fun, and the candy, you get sooo much candy! There are 2 parades during the party which are really good, dance parties and special fireworks. There's usually no wait times for the rides either.:cool1:

We've been to both and enjoyed both, MNSSHP is special. MVMCP is fun, but just standard "Christmas" fare to me. But the halloween feeling is truly unique and the interaction with the villains is something you can only get at the party. Also, the MNSSHP is the BEST parade I have ever seen, bar NONE!!! I am not a parade person and have never staked out parade seats or anything like that, but for this parade I totally obsess about getting a good seat. We went to 3 parties last year, that last time just to see the parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter