Advice on gatwick hotels..

Tash87

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if there is a best time ( when good deals are released ) to book a hotel at Gatwick airport?

I'm looking on holiday extras. Is there any other sites that offer better deals?

I'm also looking at this but trying to find ones with parking included.

I have found that because I want to park at the official gatwick long stay it's cheaper to do it separately, when you book as a package you have to have the car park selected or at the hotel (we didn't have a good experience with hotel parking)
This is on holiday extras.

We normally book the Hilton using Clubcard points. Despite what the conditions say you can book one night there online

We normally book the Hilton using Clubcard points. Despite what the conditions say you can book one night there online

I have been looking at the Hilton, is there a walkway or something to the terminal?

Thank you for the advice. I could probably save my points next year and use them for that! That's one way to save a few pounds :bitelip:

We always stay at the Hilton because you can walk to and from the south terminal along the walkway.

We book our car into the long stay car park separately, catch the south terminal bus, then walk from the terminal to the hotel.

We always stay at the Hilton because you can walk to and from the south terminal along the walkway.

We book our car into the long stay car park separately, catch the south terminal bus, then walk from the terminal to the hotel.

Ah yes, that's what I thought. It's a no brainer to me, you pay a bit more to stay at the Hilton but if you stay and park at certain hotels they charge you extra £ per person each way for transfers to the airport!

I was trying to figure out how we would get from the gatwick long stay to the hotel. So thank you that is very useful to know :teeth:

Worthwhile checking the HIlton prices against the Sofitel's - it's just as accessible to the airport and they sometimes offer better deals on parking.

1F

I/we normally stay at the the Bloc Hotel which is actually in the terminal bundling. It's quite new and the rooms are 'pods' so they are quite small - although you can upgrade to more space and a window with a view of airside etc - but they are seriously SO comfy. Great beds, big TVs and a nice rain shower, everything you need for a night before a flight really.

We were a bit dubious as I'm a bit claustrophobic and we did wonder whether we would be better off in a 'normal' hotel but we were glad we took the choice. I wouldn't spend more than a night there but then it isn't designed for that.

I have also stayed at the Hilton wishbone was nice, although given the brand name it wasn't as nice as some Hiltons I've stayed in. The walkway to the terminal was great though as it was raining!

Have you looked at the Bloc Hotel in the Terminal I thought it looked pretty cool and you can't knock the location.

I find the Hilton a bit of an expensive cattle market, it is always mobbed and noisy and not very good service. Rooms are old, towels are threadbare and they don't give you very many.

I think I may of been converted :laughing:. I have just looked at the Bloc hotel for a family room and it's £81...bargain. I love the fact that the kids are basically in the same room too (I like to keep them close when we are away on holiday). It looks lovely!

One question tho, can you check in your bags the night before you fly? I've heard of bag drop. Does this still happen? I would be concerned that we wouldn't have enough room with our cases in the room too :confused:.

I may be slightly biased because I have a lot of Hilton points, so I will always stay with them whenever possible (it's surprising how quickly you can build up to free nights!), but with the one at Gatwick, I have to agree with a previous poster in that parts of the hotel have definitely seen better days. But from experience it's just the rooms in the original block (the ones nearest reception) that are of a poor quality and tired looking, and I've also found these are quite often hit and miss with air-con, which is not what you need in the middle of summer! However, if you can get a room in the newer wings (further away from reception), they are actually still quite nice and seem to be a lot more peaceful.

Shazzie - I'll be interested to know what you think of the Bloc as I've got a reservation there in a few month's time.

1F

I'll post back, we're in the rooms without a window, one double & 1 family. We've stayed at the Hilton a couple of times, but with needing two rooms this year it was working out too expensive, we use our Tesco vouchers for the train trip down.

Flying 5 weeks today :cool1:

Hey, just seen this thread. Can I recommend the premier inn at gatwick north terminal. We have booked a room at £49, we always stay here. So cheap and soooo close. We park at gatwick south terminal and book it directly through them, we found a 10% off voucher too! just google that :) so our trip goes as, we park at south terminal and then go to the virgin twilight check in desk to check in and drop off our bags then all we do is get the shuttle to the north terminal and walk to the premier inn, it's literally outside. Then when we return home :( our car is parked at the right side.

But yes it's so affordable and really easy staying I'm the other terminal, hope that helps

Did you get a hotel?

We got the Travelodge for £33 for the night. The next morning we'll just drive to long stay south and park up. Much cheaper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter