Advice on booking

Mrs Doubtfire

DIS Veteran
Hi - I am searching for flights for October. Currently the best price coming up for Manchester is via Atlanta. However the site is called "wefly.co.uk" and I wondered if anyone has heard of them or used them. Any advice appreciated.

So sorry, not heard of them before. Have you tried the sites below, all of whom I've heard people booking with with no problems on here?:

Orbitz
Kayak
Skyscanner
Direct airline websites?

Have you checked the indirect flight airlines website to see whether they can match the price you have found on that search engine you mentioned?

Good luck x

It was travelsupermarket that redirected me to wefly - I have looked on netflights, expedia and lastminute but will also try your suggestions. Thank you :)

Check the airlines website aswell (especially the US site). If the flight you've found was with Delta check out delta uk and delta USA sites for quotes x You may find they are the same as the quote you have had or indeed there is a difference between all three. Worth checking xxx

Skysxanner had decent flight prices - the agent there was Travelup - but I haven't heard of them either!!

Were they matching the prices you'd already found? Have heard of the travel up company but have not used them.

Did you try the airlines direct? The US sites aswell? Just wondering his those prices came out?

Just run a google search and travel up have some quite mixed reviews, might be worth running a search on them.

Finally booked some flights I liked on the US Airways site, they were around 40 Cheaper and no credit card fee. thanks for all your advice :thumbsup2

Wanted to ask if anyone has any experience of Philidelphia airport as we land there and then fly on to Orlando.

Been through Philadelphia a couple of times without any problem but not terribly recently. The last time we were there it was a bit of a step from where we landed to where our connection was and our flight out was late in landing. By the time we had cleared immigration and dropped our bags off again we only made our connection by the skin of our teeth. One case arrived at MCO with us but the other one didn't and was delivered to our hotel the next day. Would be a different story this year, DH has now had both knees replaced and would be able to sprint along no bother!

Mrs TT

Wanted to ask if anyone has any experience of Philidelphia airport as we land there and then fly on to Orlando.

We've been via philadelphia last 2 years with US airways.

1st year we were straight through immigration, 2nd time needed almost all 2 hour connection time for immigration, collecting bags/clearing customs and security.

It is super easy arriving at mco as a domestic passenger though.

Thanks so much for your replies Mrs TT and Dixonsontour :goodvibes We have just over 2 hours so hopefully we will manage to get to the gate on time!! US Airways said we were allowed 1 checked in bag and 1 carry on (at 18kg) which seems a lot compare to Virgin's 8 or 9 kg allowance - I try not to carry much going out but it might come in useful on the way home.

Thanks so much for your replies Mrs TT and Dixonsontour :goodvibes We have just over 2 hours so hopefully we will manage to get to the gate on time!! US Airways said we were allowed 1 checked in bag and 1 carry on (at 18kg) which seems a lot compare to Virgin's 8 or 9 kg allowance - I try not to carry much going out but it might come in useful on the way home.

Yes definitely - it's because US guests get charged for checked in luggage so just use the hand luggage allowance.

If you like to use Virgin DTD service on the last day offairportcheckin.com based at lake buena vista outlets offers the same type of service and covers US airways.

We used them 2011 and they were great.

We have travelled via Philly with US Airways on all our trips bar last year's when we flew with Virgin.

We're back with US again in 12 days' time - via Philly again.

I think it's only once that we have missed a connecting flight - and that was down to delayed departure from MAN. US Airways put us up in a hotel overnight near Philly airport and we flew out on the first flight to MCO the next day.

PHL is huge - and it can be a long long trek from the arrival gate to the departure gate for the connection. If you are short on time, don't stop at the central food halls, there will be food and drink outlets by your departure gate.

Immigration at MCO for us last year took so long. We'd been used to a fairly quick process on arrival at PHL and then just grabbing the cases at MCO and walking across to get our car.

I've promised another DIS'r that I'll make a note of all our timings as we arrive and leave PHL.

Thank you, it's reassuring to get some first hand advice. The timings would be interesting to see.

We were at EI in December and are staying at WH this time.

Dixonontour - thanks for the heads up about the LBV check-in. I am hoping to get a late check out on our last day. Fingers crossed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter