Advice needed re Court hearing for speeding offence

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Younger dd has dropped the bombshell that she has a hearing tomorrow! It seems that she has responded to the initial notification and pleaded guilty, but has failed to respond to the offer of a fixed penalty. She has also not responded to the Summons (i.e. in submitting a plea and her documents).

I've spoken with the Magistrates' Court today and they have suggested that she needs to turn up tomorrow. The girl I spoke with seemed to think she would be in front of a Magistrate for 10 minutes. Needless to say, she's left it too late to seek legal representation, although, as it's camera evidence and she's already responded to the original notification and admitted she was driving, it's pretty much cut and dried. I'm going to go along with her tomorrow, but I haven't seen any of the paperwork she's received. Can anyone tell me what to expect, or offer any advice? Kids! Who'd have 'em? :confused3 :sad2:

Hi Debbie,

I left the legal profession a while ago so the best advice I can give is, get to the Court as early as possible and ask to speak to the Duty Solicitor. He or she will be able to give you free advice on what your daughter should say and do in front of the Magistrates.

Easier said than done but try not to worry, everything will be fine.

David

Sorry I cant offer you any advise but hope i all goes well tomorrow:hug:

I wish I could offer some advice, but I don't have anything to say except best of luck for tomorrow; I am sure it will be fine. :wizard:

Opps sounds like the fine will be alot bigger than had she responded promptly and accepted the fixed penalty. The likely fine is around £200 and 3 points. Hope all goes well and she must go or there will be a warrant issued for non attendence.

Claire ;)

Same thing happened to my cousin a couple of years ago, David's comments are spot on, the duty solicitor gave good advice and support telling him exactly what to say and the whole thing went very smoothly.
Cannot remember the penalties, but it was 3 points and at least a £100 fine I think.
Other than that I wouldn't worry it will be fine. :)

Good luck today! :hug:

Hopefully the duty solicitor will help guide you guys today. It will all be straightforward and nothing to worry about just a costly lesson for your daughter :headache:

good luck Debs, from what I remember from my jounalism days attending court the others are correct, a severe ticking off, points and a larger fine is what should be expected. Hope she isn't too worried. :hug:

Hope everything goes well Deb :wizard:

ooohh good luck, hope she holds it together ok and you get the right advice:wizard:

Hope things turn out Ok for her today Deb

Give her a big hug from all of us

Tam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter