Advice needed - Iron On applications & washing

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by LoveMickey, Dec 5, 2012.

1. LoveMickey

LoveMickey <font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of

Hello,

I am looking for advice regarding washing of Iron on Applications.

I purchased the Avery product and have been doing some iron on for white tee shirts.

The instructions say to wash after completing the process. I washed a few in Wisk and the applications seem to fade a little bit. Not bad but there is some fading. Washed in Cold water and dried on light fabric setting. I also used fabric softener - the kind you put in the ball and drop it in the washing machine.

What kind of detergent do you use? Any advice on how to reduce fading?

Thanks folks.

2. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

I did these for 1 trip. They did NOT wash well. After 2 washes, they were toast. The idea was better than the execution for us. I did turn inside out, gentle cycle, warm water, & no dryer, but stiill bad for me.

3. PrincessNancy96

PrincessNancy96 Scrapbook Mom Moderator

I have not had much luck with the Avery iron on transfers... but I did have good luck with another brand.. let me find the link...

I washed my shirt first.... then ironed where I was adding my iron on... and followed the instructions she enclosed and after many, many washes there is no fading... I have bought more of the transfers and they are amazing!!!

http://www.amymickey.com/

Like I have said, I have had amazing luck with these iron on transfers and will be using them again for our next graduation trip.. (I'm actually using them now to make my DD's sorority t-shirts).

4. 4HppyCamprs

4HppyCamprs DIS Veteran

I want to add a vote for Amy Mickey. The transfers from our 2009 trip still look great!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards