Advice needed for non-adventurous eater

I very much appreciate the answers here. I'm very glad to know that it will not be an issue to order things special. And about ordering different side items-that's news to me and will be helpful to all of us. On many trips I would have loved to had the side that went with a different entree than what I ordered, never knew it was an option.

Thank you Dis'ers!

FWIW, I went to Yachtsman's Steakhouse for the first time this year (really enjoyed it). Filet mignon was delicious, IMO, and my server actually suggested/recommended getting the sauce on the side. The sauce was all right, but the steak didn't need it, and I actually preferred doing without. ALSO, when I asked, she happily gave me the twice-baked potato for my side instead of the mashed listed with the filet. (I learned that from the DIS.)

well she is very wise since the OG salads have WAY too much dressing on them, plus it's just nasty in the first place.

as for her eating habits: HER problem and you are under zero obligation to cater to her pickiness. most restaurants wil permit adults to eat off the kids menu and with few exceptions, will be willing to leave stuff off or make minor substitutions.

does she have allergies you are unaware of? if so she can speak to a chef who will assist

No allergies that I know of.

I was a picky eater when I was young and the absolute worst was when someone would make a big deal out of whether or not there was something "plain enough" for me on the menu. It made me very self conscious and uncomfortable. Just let her choose what she wants which for picky eaters sometimes comes down to trying something new - that's how I became less picky!!!

Her feeling the way you felt is what I'm afraid of. I think we will just talk about how she can ask for sauce on the side or items plain once before we go, in a casual way, and then I'm going to just let it be.

FWIW, I went to Yachtsman's Steakhouse for the first time this year (really enjoyed it). Filet mignon was delicious, IMO, and my server actually suggested/recommended getting the sauce on the side. The sauce was all right, but the steak didn't need it, and I actually preferred doing without. ALSO, when I asked, she happily gave me the twice-baked potato for my side instead of the mashed listed with the filet. (I learned that from the DIS.)

Thank you for the suggestion, I think I would prefer the twice baked potato myself.

No allergies that I know of.

Her feeling the way you felt is what I'm afraid of. I think we will just talk about how she can ask for sauce on the side or items plain once before we go, in a casual way, and then I'm going to just let it be.

Thank you for the suggestion, I think I would prefer the twice baked potato myself.

I was going to suggest that ALL of you be together when discussing food options at Disney World. Then mention that you've been reading things on the boards and saw this interesting thread on how you can order different things so YOU'VE decided to get exactly what YOU want on the trip and that's going to be so exciting for YOU.

I was going to suggest that ALL of you be together when discussing food options at Disney World. Then mention that you've been reading things on the boards and saw this interesting thread on how you can order different things so YOU'VE decided to get exactly what YOU want on the trip and that's going to be so exciting for YOU.
:thanks: I agree and all of that is actually true. Only for a Disney trip would I spend hours looking at menus and food pics!

Don't just accept that she's a stick in the mud and try to accommodate. Encourage her (gently) to branch out and try new things. Unless she's got severe IBS or something, it isn't going to hurt her, so just see if you all can cheer her on to try some new stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter