Advice-How many of you bring your own pillows?

reineeos

Earning My Ears
I know this sounds strange but I always have a hard time sleeping on a pillow different then my own broken down very used pillow. How many of you bring your own if you are flying to DW or do you save the suitcase space. I just don't know what to do. 7 days worth of clothes and 'stuff' is adding up in the suitcase because we doing the Land and Sea.
I would like to take a poll to help me decide and or any tips.
Thanks

i take my own blankets when driving on a vacation but i cant see doing it when flying just too much wasted space my suitcases are always packed to capacity with clothes and on they way back i usually buy a duffel bag for souvinears. :wave:

When I'm driving, I bring everyones fav pillows. When I'm flying I just bring my body pillow - that's the most important since I can't sleep without it. I have a huge duffel bag that can hold it folded up. I usually just check it thru and never had a problem.

I have been bringing my own in the last couple of years. Sometimes the resort pillows are just not comfortable enough for me. They seem to be too 'overstuffed' and have no give to them. Either that or I use an extra blanket as my pillow. :blush:

beccasmom said:
I have been bringing my own in the last couple of years. Sometimes the resort pillows are just not comfortable enough for me. They seem to be too 'overstuffed' and have no give to them. Either that or I use an extra blanket as my pillow. :blush:

I agree that is why I am thinking about bringing my pillow and nothing beats a good restful sleep. So I thinking if someone can bring a body pillow what's a regular pillow to that! :flower1:

I can sleep on anything if I have my pillow! Bring it! Pack some breakable souvenirs in it for the trip home!

I bring my pillow and since we live in California, always fly. I have a very well loved down pillow. I get one of those "packing bags", you know the ones where you squish all of air out through a one way valve, put my pillow in there and make it pretty much flat. Then I either lay it on the bottom of a suitcase, or fold it to fit with the rest of the stuff. Works great for me

Shelly

We always bring our own pillows! I can't sleep without it and it helps the kids to fall asleep better..having something familiar to go to sleep on.

Taking a duffle is a great idea! We started doing this recently & it works well. We used it for our Florida on the way down for stuff like diapers, beach towels (needed for beach), bathing suits. Anything that could be squished. I don't usually travel with my pillow, but if I did it would go in there.

On the way home it's good for laundry.

And for your cruise you can fold it up and store it in your suitcase, which should fit under the bed. You probably know to lift up the edge of the bed first, right? :)

Flying/Driving/Swimming or Jogging I always like to have my pillow.. I agree with the OP. No pillow feels the same as the one from home..

I don't have to fly but I always bring my own pillows (two) I use a PACK-MATE it has an airtight Zipper and a close sealer at the other end, so you pop your pillow in then roll the air out.

If you are running out of space, buy one of those luggage sacks that look like a big Zip-loc bag. All you have to do is put it in there, squish most of the air out and seal it. I've done that more than once because I refuse to travel without my own pillow.

Our pillows are permanent items on our "to pack" list whether it's a trip to WDW or any place else. We always sleep so much better with our own. You never know what type pillow will be provided...too puffy, too hard, etc. Besides, I just feel better knowing my head is resting on a pillow I'm sure is clean. :rolleyes: :D

We always take our own pillows. I never thought about if we should or not. I can't sleep with out my own. :D

Once we reach our destination, my first stop is a Target or Walmart and I buy pillows. They don't have to last that long so the $7 ones are just fine. I bring colorful pillowcases from home-does not take up much room in our luggage and housekeeping will not mistake our pillows for theirs. At the end of our trip, my pillow cases come off and I leave the pillows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter