Advice for young couple

Thanks so much for all the advice! Still a couple questions about the resort hopping though. I am actually getting just as excited about visiting the other resorts as I am going to the parks.

If we went to say, the Grand Floridian(possible correct?), would we be able to shop in their gift shop or eat at any of their restaurants? Same questions for any resort, GF is just an example.

Also, would it be possible to watch any of the nighttime fireworks shows from any of the resorts?

Thanks so much! Every one of your replies gets me more excited about my trip.

Thanks so much for all the advice! Still a couple questions about the resort hopping though. I am actually getting just as excited about visiting the other resorts as I am going to the parks.

If we went to say, the Grand Floridian(possible correct?), would we be able to shop in their gift shop or eat at any of their restaurants? Same questions for any resort, GF is just an example.

Also, would it be possible to watch any of the nighttime fireworks shows from any of the resorts?

Yes,I think Disney's value and mod resorts are a total bargain. You get so many perks (Disney themeing, Disney transportation, and EMH)
Any of Disney's resort guests (even those staying at a value or mod) are allowed to shop, dine,rent a surry bike,rent a boat, use the transportation or book an appointment at the spa facilities at any of the Disney Resorts. (Of course pool hopping is not allowed.)

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Yes and yes. Except for walking through a turnstyle with an admission ticket, Disney World is open to everyone. Even offsite people. Here's an example of what I did with my in-laws on a quick overnight stop in Kissimmee.

Checked into the Holiday Inn. We had a dinner reservation at Kona Kafe at the Polynesian for 7:00. We went over there, parked, explored the grounds a bit, then had dinner. After dinner, we rode the monorail around for a complete trip, getting off at the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary to explore them. We also got off at the Magic Kingdom entrance because our walk around the world brick is located there. I also activated my Annual Pass at Guest Services. We never entered Magic Kingdom itself. We came back to the Polynesian and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach.

I really want to catch at least one nighttime show on our trip. I assume that trying to take a bus to the TTC to catch a monorail or other bus to another resort to watch a show, and then coming back that same way would not work due to the timing of catching buses. We'll be driving so we could possibly drive to another resort(any charge here to park?) and then do that. What are some suggestions for resorts to watch shows from, if not in park, and how to accomplish that?

Thanks so much to everyone.

I'm assuming you mean fireworks shows? If so, you can go to the Boardwalk area and watch Illuminations from the bridge. You can also hit up CBR and sit on the beach and watch Illuminations from there. I've heard you can see the MK ones from the Poly beach (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure there are lots of other places...

I've stayed at Pop, AsMovie and AsMusic. My favorite of the 3 is AsMusic. I have heard that parking at Pop is somewhat limited. When we stayed there, people were having to park next to the curbs in the fire lanes. I'm sure they were ticketed. You are not charged to park at other resorts unless you use their valet. You will also not have to pay parking if you drive your car to the parks. At the time of year you are going, I would suggest driving your car to the parks. It is ok riding the bus in the morning, but in the evening if you stay until closing, you could stand in line for an hour or more to get on a bus. The value resorts have a lot of rooms and many people all try to return at once and every bus returning is packed.

My girlfriend is a state employee and I've read about governmental discounts. Do they apply for resort rates? And if so, is it possible to use that discount plus a AAA discount? Thanks for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter