Advice for renting points at Grand Californian

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
Not sure which forum this belonged on...so please move if needed!

Looking for advice when it comes to renting points at the Grand Californian. Considering it is the only DVC resort for Disneyland and is rather small, compared to the number of rooms available in WDW, we've never been successful.

I should also add that we could go any time, as it is only a six hour drive away for us. Are we going to have to find someone who owns there and willing to rent and call for us at the exact 11 month mark?

DH and I would just like a studio. But I would take any type of room available, and fill it with friends/family as needed. As if asking them to come to DLR would be difficult...:rotfl:

We've rented before and really like the chance to stay in the DVC resorts - we'll buy someday, just not til we got kiddos running around ;)

Thanks for your help!

Not sure which forum this belonged on...so please move if needed!

Looking for advice when it comes to renting points at the Grand Californian. Considering it is the only DVC resort for Disneyland and is rather small, compared to the number of rooms available in WDW, we've never been successful.

I should also add that we could go any time, as it is only a six hour drive away for us. Are we going to have to find someone who owns there and willing to rent and call for us at the exact 11 month mark?

DH and I would just like a studio. But I would take any type of room available, and fill it with friends/family as needed. As if asking them to come to DLR would be difficult...:rotfl:

We've rented before and really like the chance to stay in the DVC resorts - we'll buy someday, just not til we got kiddos running around ;)

Thanks for your help!
I've been able to get it twice at exactly the 7 month mark (I don't own there). First week of May last year and this past week (just got home!).

We decided to stay an extra night because last night was the first Halloween party. VGC was already booked up when we tried 2 or 3 months ago, so we moved to Paradise Pier. It was very nice, we got a theme park view. You may want to look at a cash reservation there if you can't get VGC.

I've been able to get it twice at exactly the 7 month mark (I don't own there). First week of May last year and this past week (just got home!).

We decided to stay an extra night because last night was the first Halloween party. VGC was already booked up when we tried 2 or 3 months ago, so we moved to Paradise Pier. It was very nice, we got a theme park view. You may want to look at a cash reservation there if you can't get VGC.

Thanks for the help. Maybe we'll try for May for our Anniversary! DH keeps kidding that we're gonna stay there for New Years this year and I just :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: - silly DH.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter