Advice for one day with EE

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
DS and wife will be coming from WDW for one day with a 1-day hopper each. They mostly care about HP, since they have been to U/IoA before, but I'm sure they will try to do whatever they can (both love thrill rides).

They plan to go 11/15, which is ee for US. I have seen advice (which I took note of) on this forum, but it was for starting at US on a non-ee day.
Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts on a good strategy for an ee day?
Thanks!

Will try. Early entry is a advantage given to those who are staying onsite. So unless you are staying onsite you cannot get in one hour early.

If US is going to be the early entry that day then obviously all the guest onsite will be hitting US. The only area usually open to ee guests is Harry Potter parks. So US it would be Diagon Alley and at IOA Hogsmeade.

Not staying onsite depending how busy they are you need to be at either park ready to enter at rope drop. The only ride to be ridden in Diagon Alley is Escape from Gringotts. So if you are at US at rope drop all the early guests should have been on the ride already or re-riding. Tell them the other options are single rider line if needed and it's to busy. It is quicker.

The other option is to be at IOA at rope drop head straight to Hogsmeade and Forbidden Journey, Dueling Dragons and Flight of Hippogriff (small coaster). Take in the shops then take the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley.

I would call ahead again to confirm the park for EE.

You didn't say whether they would have express passes. If it's a busy weekend as 11/15 is on a Sunday those express passes might come in handy.

Hope they have a great time pixiedust:

I would call ahead again to confirm the park for EE.

You didn't say whether they would have express passes. If it's a busy weekend as 11/15 is on a Sunday those express passes might come in handy.

Hope they have a great time pixiedust:

Thanks! They will not have express passes, or be onsite guests. Touringplans has that day as crowd level 2 out of 10 - I guess I shouldn't believe it??
It sounds like IoA would be a better place to start if US has the ee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!