advice for first time

michelle1

DIS Veteran
We are in our comfort zone with WDW so we are a little nervous about planning a trip for July in California. We would like to go to San Diego zoo, DL for a couple days and maybe San Francisco along with some beach time (my kids have never been to the ocean). Should we fly in one place, rent a car, and then fly out of another? How much time do we need? Anything we should not miss? (Myself, DH, DD11 and DS9). Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You will need a car to truly enjoy these cities. You would not need to fly between LA and SD, it is a ~ 2 hours drive depend where in LA or OC you are with no traffic. Between LA and SF is a 6 hours drive using interstate 5 or a 8 hours drive using the coast. It is your call. The coast between SD, LA and SF has some of the most beautiful beaches and July is one of the best month to lay around a beach and do nothing. :) Happy planning

Prometheus offers good advice, and took the fire right out of my suggestions.

If you take the coastal route to S.F., consider a midway overnight stay on the coast.

Woody

I've used the "Calif. For Dummies" book to plan a 2 week trip in June - July for my family, flying in to SF, driving down to LA and SD, including 2 days in DL. It includes hotels, things to do, etc. If you PM me your email address I can send it to you to look at.

~Linda

Ideally 2 weeks would be great so you could take 3 days min at DL, 1 day at zoo, 1 day at midway (beach area in SD with boardwalk), 1 day at Sea World, then 4-5 days for visiting/hanging out at the various beaches. And if you think 4-5 days sounds like too much time for the beaches-you haven't been to the beaches in CA ;) You'll never want to leave them.
Because you'll take up 2 days just for the travel-1 day to arrive/get settled and 1 day to pack up/fly out, you don't want to take too little time like just a week.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter