Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic! Updated1/24 I was an unofficial WDW tour guide.

I LOVE that you are doing a photo scavenger hunt, how fun. That sounds right up your alley. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Can't wait to see how you do.

I love your flag picture.

I wish you had eaten at the Mexican place, I had read about it and had considered it.

Can't wait to see what you do after your naps. I'm guessing DTD.

You will be in Florida for one more year right? moving next summer? Hope we get to meet up.

The scavenger hunt is fun to do with Jacob also. I'm actually driving around with a camera telling him to take pics as we drive down the road.

I will go give that CS a try one day. It's always nice to try something different, and there is a chicken nugget place right around the corner so I could get Jacob something there.

I sure hope we get to meet before I move also.

Nope, not DTD.

Nope, this is my first solo trip to Disney. I told DH I was going and would he like to join me and even when I told him I was planning parasailing, jetski tour, fishing, and the other things of a one night premium pkg I couldn't convince him. I'm not sure he believes that I'm going, but there's no way that I would ever cancel with the deal that I got. I can't wait!

I think that on the next trip I would like to do a Platinum Pkg for one night and do the Speedway, spa, tours, and other things that are offered with that. I figured that he would probably do the Speedway, but I'm not sure if I can get him to go. Oh well. Looks like I would then get the Speedway!

So, you aren't actually going into the parks? I haven't heard of those packages. Need to look into that, maybe for the little anniversary trip we are planning in January. And I just saw the jet ski's yesterday and was wondering what that was about because I didn't remember seeing anything about renting jet skis. Sounds like fun, sorry your DH won't go. Make him sit through a slide show of pics when you get back.:rotfl:

I would say DTD, too. Did ya eat at T-Rex? I want to try that place, sometime.

It's funny how all of a sudden, you just get tired. It just hits you -- that long line at HM made you realize it! :laughing: And it's like the story about the trip to Abilene that no one really wanted to go on -- unless someone pipes up and says, "no, that's it," everyone will keep stumbling on! Good for you.

I saw you say, you "needed food." :lmao: I know I got that from you!!

Strangely...I don't remember ever seeing those skeletons at the PoTC ride. And I am always popping my head around corners, through bars, etc. !! That will be bugging me until I can see them for myself!! :confused:

Nope, not DTD. And I will go ahead and say we didn't eat at T-Rex. Still need to do that sometime.

I think I forgot to mention that we were only in MK for little over an hour that day. Isn't that sad.

Yup, I bet you did get "I need food" from me. Remember the fights I would have with Mom about ordering food before our store opened because I knew we wouldn't be able to eat once we opened and everyone started coming in. I really am a bear without food. Guess we all are.

As far as the skeletons, I believe they are in the line to the right at PoTC. You have to look through the bars and down. I want a better picture of them.

Hi Melissa. :wave2:

I'm visiting you over here. I love your trip report so far! Great flag photo! I took a few pictures of the balloon guys on Main Street on this trip and I didn't even know there was a scavenger hunt.

Look forward to hearing more about your visit!

Thanks for joining. I have seen some amazing shots of balloons and keep trying to get one, but no luck so far. Guess I just don't have an eye for balloons.:laughing:

I love the pictures of POFQ. We always stay at POR so it's nice to see what the other side looks like.
Bonnie

Thanks! We really love POR and wish we had been able to stay there. PoFQ was nice and quiet just like it though. I guess most of the resorts are.

I can't wait to read more! We will be in POR in September.:banana:

And I am jealous.:goodvibes

No one guessed what we did. After our nap, Jonas headed over to his miniatures gaming tournament to register. He also was able to join a game so ended up being gone until 10:00pm.

This is what Jacob and I did:

We had played one course over at the other miniature golf course, but never this one. I had wanted to play here since our very first trip to WDW. And as with anything Disney, themed wonderfully. I'll stop typing and just post a bunch of pics.

This is for a certain someone:

Being AP holders we got a discount, but if you played the other course, it was a bigger discount, so of course we played it.

Do you see the red ball in the pic below?

Now that the photo tour is over let me say it was hot and humid, no it was HOT and HUMID!!!! So bad that the sweat was getting in my eyes the whole time. I don't ever remember having that problem before. My eyes were burning. We had a great time and headed back to the hotel.

Since the great big McD's is over that way, I was going to stop. Jacob has always wanted to go in there and eat and I thought it might be cheaper than the resort. Does he want to go, NOOOOO! Also, as we walk back to the car there is a family sitting on the curb, I guess waiting. Jacob loudly states, "What are they doing?" So we have a 5 minute conversation about "I don't know, none of our business, etc." I was exhausted again by this point.

Jonas wanted us to bring the camera by so he could take some pics, off to Ospry Ridge. Which was very pretty. Then Jacob and I went back to the resort, grabbed some dinner and then the pool. Sorry, but I did not take my camera or phone to the pool, so no pics. I have heard about a lot of theft at the water parks and around the pools so I didn't want to take a chance. If I had the old camera, I would have taken it. No one wants that thing.

Thought I would throw in some pics of what Jonas was doing all weekend. He has played these games forever. He buys the figures and then paints them. There are so many around this house that he could sit down today and paint the rest of his life and not finish.

Remember, this is what this trip was originally planned around. This was actually a big thing for Jonas because there were 3 nationally ranked players attending. I didn't realize it was this big.

Originally it was scheduled to be in the Press Box at WWoS. Which would have been really cool, but there was a large sporting event going on that weekend (13000 athletes) so they were moved. But Disney treated them well, Jonas said they brought over chips, snickers, and cookies. Also gave them lunch each day. The room they ended up in was actually bigger than the Press Box would have been.

Here are some pics he took (I have no idea if any of these are his:lmao: or is that :sad2: )

I think this is Jonas' army:

Interesting note about the above picture. The guy that built that works for Disney doing displays. Basically he gets to do his hobby and get paid for it. After the event he posted on the message board if we liked his handy work at the Magic Kingdom. The big wall for the new area.:lmao:

Here a few close ups of Jonas' army:

This is how they start out:

He got 2nd Place in Appearance!

A little side note. The night before we left for WDW, our whole family almost changed. Jacob likes to scare us. Which I HATE! I've actually hit the poor guy whose job it is jump out at you at carnival haunted houses. Well, Jonas is walking in from the garage after spraying down his figures. He has the entire army in his hands when Jacob decides to try to scare him. Thankfully Jonas held on to them because I wouldn't have been able to get to the kid quick enough. This was 6 months of work, not counting the ones that were already done.

Love all of the mini golf pictures! My kids love mini golf and we're going to try to make it to one of the courses in January. The pictures got me excited for it. Also love the mini gaming pieces. Those are so awesome. Jonas is very talented and must have lots of patience to paint such detail. They are beautiful!

Oh my....I couldn't even imagine my reaction if I were Jonas if he had dropped those figurines!! He really did a great job of painting - that's a lot of detail to paint.

Jacob looks like he had so much fun playing golf. :goodvibes

I'm making sure that I get to Winterland/Summerland on my next trip. Those pictures sure make it look like lots of fun!

And those figures--they are really beautiful.

oh man, smacking myself in the head right now:sad2:, I remember you going miniature golfing now. I remember when you posted it, and I thought how fun.

Wow 6 months to paint some little guys :lmao: j/k. That is great that he has a hobby, and a place to exhibit his work. So do they play games or just display their work?

I can imagine poor Jacob if those guys had dropped and broke. :scared1: Glad they didn't and the happy little family got to stay in tact.:)

OMGosh, that has got to be the COOLEST miniature golf course I have ever seen! I could just comment on every one of those pictures.

Yes, Melissa. It is :sad2: that you don't know if some of those are Jonas'. ;) But I know he has a bizillion. I do like the ones of the 13 dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf -- I hope those are his!! I'd ask how much he'd sell them for, but I couldn't afford them. :)

And, oh, man...I cannot imagine how angry Jonas was at Jacob for the potential of having dropped those figurines!! :eek:

Love all of the mini golf pictures! My kids love mini golf and we're going to try to make it to one of the courses in January. The pictures got me excited for it. Also love the mini gaming pieces. Those are so awesome. Jonas is very talented and must have lots of patience to paint such detail. They are beautiful!

January would be a great time to play golf. That is just a sampling of the pics I took. Took at least two at every hole. Thank you inventor of the digital camera!

McDuck!!!:thumbsup2

Yikes aloooooooooooooooot of Patience to finish that task but it payed off!!!! WTG Jonas!!!

Yup, that pic was just for you. Did I text you one, I meant to? Now you know why Jonas doesn't mind me spending time with you. It's hard to paint with me in there bugging him.

Oh my....I couldn't even imagine my reaction if I were Jonas if he had dropped those figurines!! He really did a great job of painting - that's a lot of detail to paint.

Jacob looks like he had so much fun playing golf. :goodvibes

It would not have been pretty. And Jacob did enjoy it. He did lose a ball on the Winterland course. We don't know where it went.

great update! that mini golf course is so cute! and i love all your pictures! :goodvibes

Thank you, as always, Disney knows what it is doing.

I'm making sure that I get to Winterland/Summerland on my next trip. Those pictures sure make it look like lots of fun!

And those figures--they are really beautiful.

It is a lot of fun and I will let Jonas you liked the figures.

oh man, smacking myself in the head right now:sad2:, I remember you going miniature golfing now. I remember when you posted it, and I thought how fun.

Wow 6 months to paint some little guys :lmao: j/k. That is great that he has a hobby, and a place to exhibit his work. So do they play games or just display their work?

I can imagine poor Jacob if those guys had dropped and broke. :scared1: Glad they didn't and the happy little family got to stay in tact.:)

If only that was his only hobby. I sure was glad Jonas didn't drop them.

OMGosh, that has got to be the COOLEST miniature golf course I have ever seen! I could just comment on every one of those pictures.

Yes, Melissa. It is :sad2: that you don't know if some of those are Jonas'. ;) But I know he has a bizillion. I do like the ones of the 13 dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf -- I hope those are his!! I'd ask how much he'd sell them for, but I couldn't afford them. :)

And, oh, man...I cannot imagine how angry Jonas was at Jacob for the potential of having dropped those figurines!! :eek:

I don't know if this miniature golf course is the coolest, or the ones they have here where you can feed the alligators. Oh, it has to be Disney!

No, he hasn't done Thorin and Co. I hope I got that right. I did save Jacob when we first moved to San Angelo and were still in the apartment, he knocked a box over carrying that army. Of course my thought was, why were they not put up high.:confused3

Gotta love those toys!!!! I will find one and I will paint it Red for luck !!! :hug: Jonas!!!!!! You know I love you! Well second to Jacob!!!

And we headed back to the hotel where Jonas and I napped, and Jonas watched more Hannah Montanna.:scared1:

Wait...Jonas was watching Hannah Montana?? :lmao: Isn't Jonas a little too old to be watching that? :rotfl:

Enjoying your trip report so far.
Back to reading....

Saturday morning, our sleep in day. You read the title correctly, we were going fishing and to a Dismeet. We have stayed at POR several times and somehow I didn't know you could fish there at 'ol Man Island. I mentioned this to Jacob and he wanted to go. He loves to fish, I don't have the patience for it.

Now somewhere I thought I read that it didn't open until 11:00am (I was wrong, it opened at 6:00am.) The previous night I had purchased Milk and so we both had some cereal and then were headed on our way. I suggested walking instead of the boat. Jacob wasn't too happy, but I wanted some pics.

Here a couple of pics of what our view was last November when we stayed at POFQ:

And here is what we like to call "Home":

Even Jacob has started calling this home and kept asking why we weren't staying there.

One of the Scavenger Hunt photos - WADDLE

Whenever we stay at POR, we are always on the Plantation side, we have never even wandered over to the Alligator Bayou, and somehow I never realized there was a bar at the pool.

Saw this guy and of course what does Jacob yell:

That's right, Squirrel. Jonas had said the day before that Jacob had done the same thing and Jonas thought "These poor Squirrels. How many times a day do they hear that? " He thought the Squirrel is probably thinking, "Yea kid, like I haven't heard that one before. Thanks Disney!"

And here is the fishing hole:

You check in, hand over your room key and the CM gives you a cup of worms and a cane fishing pole. They have different rates for individuals and for whole families, starting at 30 minutes.

Another Scavenger Hunt item: Earthworms

And another: Fishing

I'm sure I would've have figured out that this place opened at 6:00am, we would have had more fun. It was HOT by this time. While we were there two other families joined in. One lady did have a bite, but the fish made off with her worm. And of course if you catch anything, you have to throw it back. And I so enjoyed putting the worm on and off the hook. Jacob wouldn't do it.

We ended up only fishing for about 15 minutes, and we were only charged for the 15 min so that was nice, I figured we would be billed for the full 30 min.

Before leaving though, I wanted to get a pic of these cute baby birds

The CM had told us no fishing in that area where the family of birds were and no feeding. And we made sure not to do it, unlike the man that started feeding them.

We headed over to the food court for our Dismeet. Some very nice people have started a thread for us FL residents to try to get together. They are always trying to think of new Disney things to do besides just the parks and also some inexpensive things. I had come up with the idea of the Surrey bikes. Jacob and I had always wanted to try one.

So met in the food court and had a nice lunch. I forgot to get pics in the food court and POR's food court is my absolute favorite. It is so large and the themeing is beautiful. One Dismeet we actually just road the boat down from DTD and spent a few hours chatting in that food court.

From there we headed over to rent the Surry bike. And here is a pic of all of us (this is after our little ride around POR):

Up front is Gary and Jacob. In back (left to right) is Sha, her Mom Mimi, and then Me. It ended up not being a very big Dismeet, but that's ok. It was great people!

Jacob was upset you had to be 18 to drive. After realizing how much these things weigh, I understood why. They could kill someone. I was a big chicken and refused to drive. Jacob wouldn't sit in the very front and I hoped he would pedal. We took off for a nice tour of POR. Jacob hardly pedaled at all, poor Sha had to pedal the other side all by herself. I kept trying to pedal and then realized Gary was trying to let us just coast. The front and back on each side share a chain. It was hard going up the hills and we really got some speed coming down.

And of course, I did grab some pics as we went around (I didn't have to steer )

Now, we when we rented the bike, the CM said we could do a lap in 15 min and we were renting for 30 min. We did that one lap and headed back. Our legs were like jelly and it was so hot. I don't think they will listen to me again. We did have a lot of fun and were only charged half since we didn't rent it the full 30 min.

I turned around to find Sha and Jacob gone. She gave him some money for the arcade. She is sooooo nice. That child is so spoiled. After that we went into the store. The store at POR is much larger than the one at POFQ. I love to just wander around in it, but don't we all love to look at WDW merchandise.

And this would be some of Jacob's handywork:

We said our goodbye's at this point and headed off in our separate directions. At this point, Jacob has a meltdown. One thing I haven't mentioned is that at the beginning of Summer we realized Jacob was having an issue with swallowing. He would lean his head forward to swallow or would chew and chew his food until he finally had to spit it out. Turned out it was one of his ADHD medicines. So he was off of this medicine. Without this medicine he is a lot more vocal and not in good ways. Finally got him calmed down, I think he was just too hot. We hopped on the boat and headed back to the hotel.

Next up, something I have wanted to do for two years, but haven't. Disney related, but not on Disney property, any ideas anyone? This is a hard one.

Fun update! I love hearing about all the fun stuff to do at Disney Resorts. I wonder how often anyone actually catches a fish. Seems like the fish probably know what is up because there is so much fishing going on there. I've thought about trying the Surrey Bikes before on the Boardwalk, but they do look tough to pedal especially in the heat. Maybe we'll give them a try on our January trip when it is cooler.

Man, those are some great pictures. It does seem like it could be "home", for the very rich!:laughing:

I love how you get pictures of Jacob looking so happy (I guess WDW could be considered therapy -- for many people!!) ... but I've thought for a long time that your having a camera and getting him involved was awesome.

And if anyone had ever asked me if Melissa F. would ever go fishing of her own accord, I would have said: NEVER!!! :lmao:

Fun update! I love hearing about all the fun stuff to do at Disney Resorts. I wonder how often anyone actually catches a fish. Seems like the fish probably know what is up because there is so much fishing going on there. I've thought about trying the Surrey Bikes before on the Boardwalk, but they do look tough to pedal especially in the heat. Maybe we'll give them a try on our January trip when it is cooler.

The Surrey bike was fun. I hope to do it again sometime. I will warn you, Sha said the Boardwalk hill up the bridge was higher than this one, so POR's track was easier.

This was my first time to take a break and really enjoy the resort. We are normally up, at the park all day. Has anyone noticed that this is our third day at the resort and haven't been to a park?

delicious!!!!!

:lmao:

If any of you ever get the great pleasure of touring WDW with the Duck (DFD), you will hear this a lot. She has to get rid of all the Daisy's that are trying to steal her man Donald.:)

pofq looks soo fun! theres so much to do it seems like! plus its really pretty!

I give you credit for fishing! i would never have the patience!

The Port Orleans resorts are nice and it is cool that if you stay at POFQ, you can use the pools at POR. I think a lot of people go to POFQ for their pool over the one at POR.

One thing I have noticed is there aren't a lot of childrens activities at the moderate resorts. I know the value resorts have all kinds of activities around the pool, the DVC's do also. Kind of strange to me.

Man, those are some great pictures. It does seem like it could be "home", for the very rich!:laughing:

I love how you get pictures of Jacob looking so happy (I guess WDW could be considered therapy -- for many people!!) ... but I've thought for a long time that your having a camera and getting him involved was awesome.

And if anyone had ever asked me if Melissa F. would ever go fishing of her own accord, I would have said: NEVER!!! :lmao:

Too funny about your comment about "home" for the very rich. When I posted a pic on FB of the "mansions", your DH said he would take the one on the right.:rotfl2:

I've offered a photography class for the kid, he loves to take pics himself. Maybe a Christmas present.

You are so right about the fishing. I use to go with my Mom when I was little, but not something I really enjoy now. The things we do for our kids. Guess I need to book one of the deep sea fishing excursions since we live so close to the coast now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter