Adventure Snorkel Tour on Sea Blaster

tiggernpooh

Walt is my hero
Has anyone done this excursion at St. Thomas? I can't seem to find any reviews on the boards here, I'd love to hear any comments on the boat and snokeling location.

Also, any good beaches near the dock at St. Thomas we could get to easily to spend the afternoon after our morning excursion?

Thanks!

Has anyone done this excursion at St. Thomas? I can't seem to find any reviews on the boards here, I'd love to hear any comments on the boat and snokeling location.

Also, any good beaches near the dock at St. Thomas we could get to easily to spend the afternoon after our morning excursion?

Thanks!

I'm ressurrecting this thread b/c I'm curious myself and couldn't find any more info from the Search function. What attracts me is the quick 15 min ride to Turtle Cove, compared to the other excursions that claim 40+ mins. I get motion sickness so I'm hoping the less travel time the better haha. Anyway does anybody have any feedback on this excursion?

FROM DCL's SITE

Duration: 3.5 to 4 Hours

On this tour you will:
•Take the short 5-minute walk down the pier to board the Sea Blaster! The Sea Blaster is designed to hit big waves so expect to get wet on this coastal siteseeing adventure.
•After boarding the 70-foot powerboat, you will receive a safety instruction and your snorkel gear. Then it’s off on an approximate 15-minute exhilarating power boat trip to the first snorkel site, Turtle Cove, where many sea turtles make thier homes.
•Next off to your second spot where the boat will cruise along the beautiful coastline to Christmas Cove, a private island between St. Thomas and St. John.

On this tour you will:
•Take the short 5-minute walk down the pier to board the Sea Blaster! The Sea Blaster is designed to hit big waves so expect to get wet on this coastal siteseeing adventure.
•After boarding the 70-foot powerboat, you will receive a safety instruction and your snorkel gear. Then it’s off on an approximate 15-minute exhilarating power boat trip to the first snorkel site, Turtle Cove, where many sea turtles make thier homes.
•Next off to your second spot where the boat will cruise along the beautiful coastline to Christmas Cove, a private island between St. Thomas and St. John. The snorkeling is perfect for both beginners and advanced snorkelers. These warm, Caribbean waters are abundant with tropical fish, stingrays and other sea life.
•Back on the boat, enjoy Caribbean music and the spectacular scenery of the coastline on your approximate 30-minute ride back to the pier. Complimentary fruit punch, rum punch and snacks will be served on the return trip.
•Arrive back at the pier and be dropped off for shopping or return to the ship.

Well here is something funny....I am reading this forum on my phone, not wearing my glasses. When I read the title of your post, I read it as Sea Baster, like a turkey baster!! For a split second I told myself "that is an interesting name, hmmmm...!!!"

Hopefully someone with some good info will respond and help you out with a recommendation. :)

I just got home from our first cruise. We did that excursion on St Thomas. We really liked it, however, we did a similar tour in Hawaii in January but did it on a catamaran and that was better. The Sea Blaster boat is fairly small for the number of people - I like the catamaran for the space and being able to sit topside was great. The guides were fun and the scenery as you boat out to the cove was incredible.

Ww leave for our March 23-30th Eastern cruise tomorrow! I'll let you know how the Sea Blaster excursion was when we return!

Glad you reminded me about returning here to do my review.

The Sea Blaster didn't really "Blast" through the water like I thought we would, pretty disappointed there. We went to two places to snorkle, the first we saw turtles, which was neat, and the second we saw sting rays, a baracudda, and puffer fish (which all hung out under the boat because they set bait out) - but not much else. At both stops there were other boats making it seem crowded and I think they rushed to get us out because of the others. Both stops were very short, maybe 1/2 hour of snorkeling by the time we all got off the boat, at each stop. They guys and gal who ran it were great though, and the rum punch did flow pretty good at the end of the trip. In all, it was ok for the price, although I would do something different next time. It was nice to be back on the ship by about 12:30. We cleaned up, had lunch, then headed out for some shopping while my son did the Aqua Duck without hardly any wait.

Glad you reminded me about returning here to do my review.

The Sea Blaster didn't really "Blast" through the water like I thought we would, pretty disappointed there. We went to two places to snorkle, the first we saw turtles, which was neat, and the second we saw sting rays, a baracudda, and puffer fish (which all hung out under the boat because they set bait out) - but not much else. At both stops there were other boats making it seem crowded and I think they rushed to get us out because of the others. Both stops were very short, maybe 1/2 hour of snorkeling by the time we all got off the boat, at each stop. They guys and gal who ran it were great though, and the rum punch did flow pretty good at the end of the trip. In all, it was ok for the price, although I would do something different next time. It was nice to be back on the ship by about 12:30. We cleaned up, had lunch, then headed out for some shopping while my son did the Aqua Duck without hardly any wait.

Thanks for the feedback! How long were the boat rides in between sites? We're they scenic?

I think I'm on a similar schedule 8:45 to 12:30. Although it stinks that they only gave 30 min snorkel, I think it would still fit my family's needs-- will have a 5yr old with us, so looking for moderate activity (at max) that doesn't take up a majority of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter