Adventure is Out There! A Year of Disney Update 2/2

ElsasMom

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone :wave: & :welcome:

You may have seen a few of my TRs floating around with my cute little mini me, but this is a horse of a different color!

Here's me in my adventure Anna & Russell Disneybounds

I'm a Florida native. I spent lots of time during & right after college living in more exciting places, but ended up raising my family back here. :beach:

:earsgirl: I've been to WDW more times than I can count :earsgirl:. I've been to WDL once. I've only stayed on property twice (both in Sept 2014) at AoA & Pop. I use my wheelchair
wheelchair.gif
at the parks. I have cerebral palsy & the distance is rough for me. Since discovering the Dis my Disney bucket list has grown and I'm become completely obsessed with Disney Bounding.

I'm going to be checking things off that list left and right because this year my lovely "you-can-go-as-much-as-you-want-as-long-as-you-don't-make-me-come" DH got me an AP for my birthday :cake:party::bday: He even gave it to me a month early so I could book FP's for a Bday trip. :love:

That's right a WHOLE YEAR of Disney :faint: For little old me.

Who's in? :thumbsup2

Index

Birthday Trip
Day 1
The Cast & Plan
Getting to WDW
The Contemporay

Campfires!
Let the Magic Begin

Outer Space & Arendelle
More Royalty

Day 2
It's My Birthday
When A Duck Makes You Feel Like a Princess
No Cupcake?!?
Toys & Towers
Two Princesses Loose in Hollywood
All Good Things...

Frozen 5K Trip

Day 1
Cast & Such
Mis-Adventures: Not Getting the Show on the Road
Now We're Talking

Let the Adventure Begin
Mickey & The Gang
Bye Epcot

Day2
Race Day
The End

Epcot Flower & Garden

Epcot!!
We Found Nemo
More Fish & Some Flowers
A Walk to France Before Lunch
Wrap Up

Mother's Day Trip

Day 1: Hollywood Studios
We're Here!
Fabulousness
Woody & Buzz
Indiana Jones & Baymax
Dinner & Fantasmic

Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom
Space Rangers & Dwarfs
Princesses and Roller Coasters

Day 3: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast in the Rain Forrest
Safari Time!
Birds & Beasts
Wrapping Up

Nerd Day At Magic Kingdom
The Plan and Trip
I Made It!
Minnie & Daisy
People Moving & Opposum
Soaking Wet, Sunburned and Tired But Worth it

Galactic Breakfast
Star Tours & Speeders
Breakfast With Darth
Secret Meet and Greet
World Travel

Star Wars Weekend
Adventure Day
BLACKOUT DATES
Halloween Party & Dapper Day
[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/B]

Last edited:
The Cast

Here's an adorable (and by adorable I of course mean dorky & totally embarrassing) Throwback Disney picture of me & DCuz, N. in Epcot 1994

And here's recent Disney pictures of us with our DDs

N. has been a PH for years & one of the most Disney obsessed people I know. She's a blast!

And as if you hadn't seen enough of me yet...

The Plan :thumbsup2

We're Driving, get to FW in the afternoon on Sat, settle in & grab dinner, make S'mores with Chip & Dale
And
Hit MK for EMH :cheer2:

Sun morning hit MK early & then head to HS where we have lunch ressies at Sci-fi & FPs
And
Tons of birthday :bday: fun & Disney Magic! pixiedust:

Last edited:

Let's Get this Show on the Road!

Bad Rapuzel

I share a birthday weekend with pretty much everyone on the planet, or so it seemed this year! :bday:
I had to get up early & go to 3 birthday events & send my DH & kids to one without me before we could go to Disney! Rough stuff, LOL :rotfl2: Once I'd partied & consumed some cake :cake: Dcuz, N & I hit the road. First we stopped for gas. We were barely out of town & nowhere near WDW mind you. We pulled up to a pump & looked up & there was Rapunzel! princess:

She had on the dress & the long braid with all the flowers & everything! We both shouted "Look there's Rapunzel" & she shot us a dirty look. :mad: WEIRD?!? I mean it's weird for a Disney princess to be at a random gas station in the first place, but no matter. I prepped my phone to get a picture because who would believe this?

AND she lit a freaking cigarette! Super Boo! Then she turned on loud music with considerable bass before she sped away.

N & I were laughing :rotfl2:about "bad Rapunzel" & making jokes like: don't hire her for your kids party! It was something else.

The Drive

:car: We made great time. Maybe I've never gone so late on a Sat afternoon before, probably not, but it was nice. Now that I'm a PH the pressure's off to get there at the crack of dawn every time, YAY.

On my way!!

Bounding Through Life! :ccat:

I should mention I am not generally a clothes person, at all. I'm like "which t-shirt should I wear with my jeans." However, I discovered Disneybounding last year (outfits inspired by Disney characters) & decided a year of Disney trips called for some great bounds.

Leading up to the trip I did one everyday of my birthday week:
MONDAY Russell from Up (Picture in intro)
Tuesday (Bolt)

Wednesday (Emperor Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove)

Thursday **MY Favorite Bound Ever** (Ray from Princess & the Frog)

Friday (Briar Rose)

So....needless to say I was bounding on Saturday too! I was rocking a causal Alice & N was bounding as Cinderella. We both had a belt the color of the characters shoes which I thought was fun since we didn't plan it. You just can't do WDW for a day & a half in glass footwear princess:

Arrival

Soon enough we'd passed our friend the obvious Mickey (sorry no picture this time, but he'll be a frequent flyer on this TR) and were readying our phones for the all important sign photo!

It was straight on through :tinker: second star to the right....Not really but you drive in like your going to the park and then make a sharp right at the last booth to head towards Fort Wilderness.

I'm not a big camping person at all, but if camping at Disney was the only way to stay on property when our plan changed at the last minute I sure was going to give it a go!

Because remember, Adventure is Out There!! :dog:

So, we checked in...

YAY!! :cool1:

They knew who we were, no issues. We even got to just use our pretty pass holder bands instead of new gray ones! :thumbsup2

Next order of business? party:Birthday Button!!

Next up: Exploring & Eating

Last edited:
I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to read the rest. Also I'm jealous of anyone living close enough for an AP!

The Wilderness MUST be Explored!

N camps with her family at "the Fort" a lot. Sometimes in tents sometimes in their camper. She's a pro, thank goodness because I'm clueless. We had a tent site on the 1500 loop.

I took that picture later when we came back to the site.

I, like the tiny mailman (who somehow became the mascot of my year with an AP), am no good at tents. Or sleeping on the ground. N suggested we rent cots, but her DH suggested they take the seats out in the van & put a foam mattress pad in for us to sleep on. He thought it might be warmer & save our backs. So that's what we did.

We parked & got out. Camp site set up 0mins pixiedust:. She unloaded my chair & we grabbed the necessities.

Here's the view from the site:

And here's some of the view on the walk from the site to the boats:

Our first stop was the contemporary! I'd only ever ridden through it on the monorail, never walked around inside. So, exciting!

To The Boats!

We hopped on (waited until everyone was on, folded up the chair, climbed on, put the chair on, locked the brakes & found a seat) the boat!

We were just excited as Mrs. Fitzherbert!

Instead of floating lanterns we saw this:

The shoe tree (all the white things are shoes)

Fancy Hotel, Ahoy!

We docked & waited for everyone to disembark. Then we took our hungry excited selves up to this huge place.

We looked around a little on the way in, but we were hungry so mostly we speed walked inside.

We went right up to Contempo Cafe (which I hadn't realized was next to Chef Mickey's). I had studied the menu before we left & asked for recommendations for what to get on the boards so we breezed right by the menus to the kiosks.

I got the Mahi sandwich

In real life I eat fish, but I hate cold slaw. That stuff was amazing! Delicious. We were off to a good start foodwise. :banana:

N got the Turkey sandwich with green apples on in & how funny is this picture? :rotfl2:

We had another laugh about "bad Rapunzel" & ate like starving people. It was early for dinner or late for lunch so it wasn't crowded. I told her I had to find the Sleepy Tink mug I regretted not buying in Sept (plus now I had a PH discount & it was my bday :cake:). N said she was ready for some new ears.

We looked for the 5 legged goat in the mural, but we never saw him. If anyone reading this has a picture please post it I'd love to see him!

It was time to shop, but first TRIVIA

I was super bummed because the first one stumped me. I could see them, but I couldn't remember their names. The rest were a piece of cake. With no hope of a perfect score, I fired off the other answers & we Googled it. Horace & Jasper are their names.

N found ears

I found my Tink mug too. N had given me an adorable little messenger bag with Minnie & Mickey on it. I loved it, but it wouldn't stay closed so I decided to look for a pin of some kind.

First we looked through a million pins. I couldn't buy a $12 pin just to do the job of a safety pin. If I had paid that much for a pin I think trading it away would have broken my heart. Anyway, N discovered little buttons by the register that were 3/$5

It was a really difficult choice but I got Haunted Mansion Wallpaper, Maleficent as a dragon (says Mistress of Evil) & Rapunzel that says "Go Live Your Dream" I think I just picked purple to match my bag without realizing it.

With our missions accomplished we headed back outside.

We stopped for pictures with "flat Mickey"

Good times, except the Dad we asked to take our picture was totally intimidated by my camera & it took awhile to get these so...

We missed the boat :sail:

Up Next: More Wilderness & Campfires

Last edited:
Great star to your trip. Your food from the contemporary cafe looks good. Glad you were able to get your think mug. I like your friends ears.

More Wilderness & Campfires

Back to the Boats!

We took the opportunity to use the bathroom & I discovered my phone was already on yellow Boo! So, N suggested I put it in power saver (duh!). Yay, for power saver! If you read my PTR you'll remember the awesome portable charger that saved our lives when the car died on the way to pick up my AP at DTD...Well, it was stolen! :sad: DH ordered a replacement but it didn't come in time. The jerk who took it obviously had no clue what it was because they didn't take the cords so it's useless.

The boat came in like 10mins, but it was beautiful out :sunny: & we were chatting. N tells me there's one boat driver who sings the whole trip, but we never had him. It was a quick ride to Wilderness Lodge. That place is awesome!

N was telling me how the Lodge looks like bear when you look at it across the water. I LOVE Disney! Way to go with a theme, so cute. I never got a good picture, but I bet there are tons if you Google it.

Here's a waterfall by the pool.

Beautiful
, right?

Here's there cool lantern lights.

Awesome totem pole! I adore Humphrey the bear :lovestruc

If you're unfamiliar with Humphrey here's the youtube link to my favorite cartoon of his "Put it in the Bag"

Then we went in the gift shop & we were cracking up at the weird soaps. Here's my favorite:

He has a rose in his mouth?!? :rotfl2:

This cup made me chuckle too. Poor Tink is trapped.

Are we had looked around in the gift shop & the lobby we went out to catch the bus. There was a little box with a disabled symbol in it so N wheeled me into it & we joked about how I had to stay in my box.

It wasn't even 5min before the bus pulled up. I was a little nervous he'd drive away without me, but our driver was awesome! I wanna say Mitchel, but for sure it was an M name. The bus was empty when we got on. First, the bus kneels before me then it's practically empty. I felt like a VIP! princess:

For a few minutes anyway, & then Hoop Dee Doo Revue let out & people poured on. I didn't really mind though, they were all happily full & no one gave the awesome driver a hard time.

We heard people talking about a deer crossing the road in the back of the bus, but we couldn't see it. We got off the bus & headed back to drop off some stuff before the Campfire Show.

Campfires!

I was super excited. The opportunity to make S'mores & sing with Chip & Dale had really sold me on Fort Wilderness. There were fires going & tons of people making use of them already. N said she remembered S'mores supplies being like $2.50. We hopped in the SUPER long line at the "Chuck Wagon".

We were discussing how hard getting the wheelchair across the gravel was & how they should have more chuck wagons.

When we got closer & saw the menu it turned out the S'mores kit was $9 so we hopped out of line. I was bummed because I totally had S'mores makings at home I would have brought. Oh, well. We grabbed a bench & waited for the show to start.

It was awkward because the people next to us seemed grumpy, but we didn't take up much space. Also, there were kids sword fighting with their S'mores sticks & beyond them kids throwing or making angels in the rocks. As "off duty" moms we tried not to look.

I decided to go to the bathroom before the show started & I told N to stay put so she didn't loose her seat. It was half gravel, half dirt path & then a huge step up. I assume it used to be level with the dirt path at some point or I just missed the ramp, but on the way back a little boy stopped to give me a push. So sweet :D

I made it back just in time.

Showtime!

It was a super cute show. And I thought it was cool that the movie tonight was going to be Up! We weren't staying for it, but you know unofficial mascot.

Here I am enjoying myself!

Chip & Dale split up & went down a row at a time visiting & posing for pictures. My side got Chip, but no one was following directions so he got mobbed, Dale was halfway done with the benches on his side & Chip was stuck in the front row.

After a little while...like 4 songs it was my turn!

He was so happy to see me! He did a little dance & everything.

Time to Get this Party Started

After Chip left we headed for the boats. It was Magic Kingdom time! We caught a big boat this time which meant I could roll right on! Yay. Plus the bigger boat had some walls so it blocked the wind & by now it getting chilly. Also, a CM gave N some Mickey stickers the first ones of the trip

Up Next: Birthday Wishes from Mickey & Friends

Last edited:
Great star to your trip. Your food from the contemporary cafe looks good. Glad you were able to get your think mug. I like your friends ears.

It really was! Everything there was delicious and pretty reasonably priced for Disney food. I'm gonna be dreaming about that sandwich :love: I'll post a picture of the mug later, but I LOVE it. I love the sparkly ears too.

What a fun night!

Now I'm off to do what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing during the precious hours of nap time! :rotfl: !

What a fun night!

Now I'm off to do what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing during the precious hours of nap time! :rotfl: !

Oh, the fun was just getting started! Tell me about it, the pressure to be productive before they wake up has been defeated by other people's Disney pictures many times!

Let the Magic Begin! :tink:

When the boat docked we got worried because it looked :crowded: crowded! However some of those people must have been on their way out because other then the congestion caused by the parade route set-up it wasn't too bad. We had breezed through bag check in about 3min & we were headed straight for Starbucks. N wanted coffee & was debating buying one of their new Disney tumblers ( I predict we will both own one by the end of the year ;)).

When we got to Starbucks though the line was ridiculous! After maybe 10min we actually made it through the doorway. It was :crowded: mobbed! The chilly weather or maybe the EMH until 2am? Who knows. The CM inside chatted with us for a minute & we found out the Starbucks in DHS (at the Trolley Car) had opened Tues. :) Great news, in the meantime we could get coffee somewhere else.

We hopped out of line & fought :crowded: our way to Adventure Land. N wanted a coffee float at the cute little place near the Tiki Room. I got a hot chocolate, but she decided on a coke in a souvenir mug. We still had time before our FP so she got a popcorn bucket at a cart too. She collects them. It was Mine Train, super cute. I got to thinking about it later for $5.50 you get a super cute bucket with a lid & a snack, it's not a bad deal.popcorn::

Since we were right there. I asked N if she wanted to do :flower1: Tiki Room :flower1:, which shockingly she had never done! But it was a no go because of my hot chocolate so we parked on a bench & munched on some popcorn.popcorn:: Benches at WDW are like parking spaces at the mall at Christmas "There's one! Hurry! Oh...Ok they took it...There's one, nope...over there run!" :rotfl2:

After I finshed my hot chocolate we headed to Pirates for our 8:50 FP

Thar Be Rough Seas Ahead! pirate:

I booked the FP's (again after a last minute change in plan) & had to manually adjust the time on this first one later so we'd have time to get from FW. So far. everything had run smooth: we'd kept our PH magic bands (instead having to take new gray ones), the bands had worked for park entry without any issues & I was confident FPs would work too.

Just so you know, I'm wrong a lot. :rolleyes1

We wheeled up to the FP line & scanned our bands, NO GO. :scared1: We both looked at the CM wide eyed. She said "It says your 10 hours late." It didn't sink in right away. I think I laughed. :rotfl: Then she said "your FP was for 8:50 AM"

OMG. What?!? OOPS.:rolleyes1

She said "It's your birthday, go ahead" & we were off pixiedust:, but now we were nervous that the rest of our FPs were messed up too. I kept apologizing & laughing. I mean WOW. N was like, "how did you even GET FP's for 8:50am with such short notice?!?"

pirate:Pirates was amazing as usual.

We swung by my favorite of all time BTMRR :love:& got a return pass to come back in 35min & ride.

Then we fought the parade crowd :crowded: in Frontier Land to get to a FP kiosk. We caught like the last three floats because people were rubber necking from the walkway & it was slow going. I love the light up stuff! Cinderella's Coach is my favorite in that parade.

Catching a Lifeline

We went right to a CM & explained my error. She was very nice about it. It helped that none of my FPs were high demand stuff. I had Pirates, Tinkerbell M&G & Buzz Lightyear. It turned out Tinkerbell was also set for AM, but Buzz was 10pm. I got 1 out of 3 guys! That's like an F. :rotfl2:

She tried for a few minutes to adjust it, but had to go over to the Guest Relations guy with the tablet. He was understanding too. Soon he said "Ok, you can head to Tink whenever you're ready." We thanked him profusely. :banana:

Yee Haw!!

Before seeing our pixie pal though, we had a date with the wildest ride in the wilderness!! I have loved this ride since childhood, but recently I discovered at night in the back row is the absolute best way to experience it, trust me.

It actually got stuck on the last climb for somewhere in the neighborhood of 5min. I was totally glass half full about it: "It's going to be a surprise when it moves!" The people in the row in front of us were mad & wanted to stay on to make up for it, but I was all "yay extra long Big Thunder for my birthday!" It was good times. :cheer2:

Meet & Greets!! (AKA NEVER GROW UP) :tink:

We'd both met Tinkerbell before, but not since she left Adventure Land. I think the new location is very pretty.

Pixie Hollow!

The little girl in front of us was adorable & so excited! But her mom kept yelling at her not to touch things. She wasn't climbing or anything dangerous just looking at everything from all sides, resting against them that kind of thing. I think Tinkerbell would appreciate her curiosity. I appreciated the thimble on the shelf & got way too excited, "Oh a kiss!"

The line moved really quickly! She was so cute & excited & talking super fast!

She said "Oh it's your birthday! That's like an arrival day. Do you know about arrival days?"
I did.
"On my arrival day I was assigned my Tinker talent and we celebrated by eating cake! I know mainlanders eat cake on birthdays. Have you had any cake yet?"
I had not
"Oh will you have some later?"
I would
"Oh wonderful! Do me a favor?"
Sure
"Have an extra piece for me!"
You bectha.

We were all smiles when we left Pixie Hollow.

Mickey Mouse :mickeyjum

We jumped in the standby line for talking Mickey because it was 5min. I'd planned to see him in the morning on my actual birthday, but 5min?!? N was super excited because she hadn't met him yet. She said her kids never wanted to go (what's the matter with them?). The line went SUPER fast (faster than Tink FP line)

He was primping in the mirror when we walked in, so cute.

THEN HE SANG ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY :bday:
The people waiting in line sang too! It was so special.

I mean, does it get any better?

Up Next: Aliens & Ghosts & Royalty

Last edited:
How special to get a birthday song from Mickey!!! Great update! Now I better run and see what my entirely too quiet 2yr old is doing! :rotfl:

Space Ranger Time!

I quite enjoy the Buzz Lightyear ride & it was FP time!

We decided to pose for the camera, N usually kisses her DH & that wasn't gonna happen so we randomly did a back to back arms crossed thingy. I'm pretty sure it read very 90's boy band poster & I'm sure it was horrible, BUT we never saw it because when we got to the exit the CM said "Wanna go again?" AND of course we did!

My Score
(a personal best only because the ride stopped for a little while in a great spot! (Happy Birthday to me)

Her Score

ANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDD......this

Good Times.

Happy Haunts

Haunted Mansion was lovely, but the very end where you look in the mirror & a hitchhiking ghost is taking off your head or whatever wasn't happening. It was just the hitchhiking ghosts flying by on a loop. Lame. No idea what the deal was, but I choose to believe they're making it extra great for next time.

Next we stopped in the gift shop. The CMs in there were very in character. I love Halloween puns. They gave me a sticker when they noticed my birthday button.

Amazing sticker right? I thought so. I also loved this doll, not $30 love just take a picture to show DD love.

Punzie's Potties!!

I'd actually never been inside Rapunzel's restrooms. Since it was 10pm it didn't look to crowded so we headed over.

Sorry none of these are great and I didn't take any inside.

Now What?!? How Bout the BEST part of the Night!!

So, after 10pm Fantasy Land is a ghost town, I LOVE it. I usually do day trips and have rarely been in the park so late.

I happened to glance over at Fairytale Hall & see Elsa & Anna with a 20min wait. WHAT?!?!? No. Sharp right!

Is this really happening? OMG! We were way too excited for two women over 30 in Disney without kids. We saw Frozen together with our DDs at an advanced screening so this was super special.

Plus, I'd never been in the standby line at Fairy Tale Hall, pretty!

Elsa & Anna

She wished me a happy birthday & told me in Arendelle they eat a lot of chocolate cake. She told me to promise to have some chocolate for my birthday. No problem your majesty. She was very pretty, but not quite herself today. I was just happy to be there.

Up next my bestie Miss Anna!

She didn't even notice it was my birthday. She launched right into this story about breakfast. She said Olaf brought waffles and he called them...Olaf-lles!

As we walked through the gift shop I commented that my face was sore from smiling! We just couldn't believe that had happened! Disney Magic! pixiedust:

Up Next: More Royalty!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter