Adventure is Out There! A Year of Disney Update 2/2

I enjoy Soarin. Its too bad that it would seem that we won't be riding it this upcoming trip.

Ah, you never know I'll send short line pixie dust thoughts your way! pixiedust:

Sounds like a fun Epcot day!! Soarin' is the best. The first time I was afraid I'd feel motion sick on it, but it was awesome. It's no wonder it's always so packed. Looking forward to hearing all about Race Day!!

Thanks for hanging in there with me! :flower1:

Been following a long and wanted to say hey!!

I love that your taking girl trips to Disney!! So far everything seems like so much fun!

HI! :wave2: I LOVE it too! I'm so grateful for my adventures & escapes while I have my AP. It is fun! party:

Race Day!!

We were up at 3:30am. Yup, you read that right: 3:30am! About 25minutes into the three of us being awake (while poor C was showering) the power went out. It was a fun surprise for all of us, well mostly me since someone from the hotel had warned the girls prior to the black out. N ran into the bathroom with her cell phone so it wouldn't be pitch dark.

We all went from annoyed to amused fairly quickly. It was only about 10min before the lights were back on.

I wore my Dodger (Oliver & Company) bound although you wouldn't have any idea because of all my layers. Trust me there was an "I <3 NY" t-shirt (With a red collar and sleeves to match his bandanna) in there or I guess under there.

Anyway, here I am

Ready-ish to go, except coffee??? There's no coffee maker in the room. Seriously, what hotel anywhere doesn't give you one?!? I remembered there being one or a way to request one when we stayed at AoA, but maybe my partner in crime brought her own that time. It was pre-sunrise though & COLD :cold:

I packed up as much as I could because I knew we'd have to get out of the room quickly after the race.

Here's the runners ready to race!

We headed out into the cold, dark morning (with snacks this time) towards the lobby. It was silent on our walk, but the lobby was hopping. All the sleepy families with suitcases made me sad. Their vacations are ending and to add insult to injury they're waiting for their bus at 4am! :sad1:

Our bus (the Magical Express) however was ready and waiting and about half full already. They threw my wheelchair underneath and we all climbed on. It was nice and warm on the bus.

Say 4am!

We didn't wait very long before we we were headed to Epcot!

We made it! The nice ladies who took our picture were dressed as Cinderella's mice and they looked amazing!

Notice not only was a wearing an undershirt, long underwear, jeans, double socks, boots, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, a jean jacket, scarf and hat...BUT I borrowed a blanket as well!

There were vendor booths and the like set up all around the parking lot. I got excited when I saw the coffee. I was all "Yay, free coffee for race folks. Guess Again! It was NOT free. It's not like these poor girls haven't paid through the nose for the privilege of a pre-dawn run in freezing temperatures, come on Disney!

So we headed over to a big open area with bleachers where there was a DJ getting everyone warmed up. Silly stuff like telling everyone to take selfies with someone they know and then someone they don't know during the selfie song and playing what does the fox say and stuff.

For most of the morning this was me

LOL, sitting in a wheelchair doesn't allow for a lot of blood flow.

The DJ left to go to the finish line. The "hosts" of the show came out and thanked everyone from coming. Then they introduced their "special guests" Elsa & Anna. I couldn't see any of this from the back of the crowd. They called the runners to the starting line soon after that.

The runners are assigned corrals and released a group at a time. I knew the girls were in C & F so it would a while before they got to start. After they left the bleachers started emptying out. I was confused, but to cold to go wandering around.

Soon this little old lady said "Excuse me, is this where they finish?"
I said "I thought so, but a lot of people are leaving..."
"I'm gonna go check it out." and off she went in the direction of the crowd.

Hmmm...About 10min later I started heading that direction and bumped into my little old lady friend.
"Hello."
"Hi!"
"Was that the finish line?"
"No, it was the start and you'll never be able to see from there"
"Oh"
"I'm heading over there to the finish line. Want a push?"
"Sure."

We found it & settled in to wait for our runners. The DJ was playing music and soon after we settled in the hosts came over to chat with us and cheer on finishers.

I texted the girls that I was at the finish line and wrapped up in a blanket cocoon to wait for some action.

Up Next: Race Day: The Fun Part!

during the selfie song
Why is this a thing?!?!?!?:confused3 WHY?!?!:badpc:
Hmmm...About 10min later I started heading that direction and bumped into my little old lady friend.
"Hello."
"Hi!"
"Was that the finish line?"
"No, it was the start and you'll never be able to see from there"
"Oh"
"I'm heading over there to the finish line. Want a push?"
"Sure."
yay for helpful ladies!

These race photos were obviously taken by the girls who tell me they had Let it Go playing in a different languages as they ran through the World Showcase!

They also told me there were characters out along the route & people were stopping & lining up for pictures! LOL :rotfl2:

Meanwhile back at the finish line!

Soon the first runners appeared & I started cheering, clapping, signing and costume watching! It really got the blood pumping! I didn't take pictures of the other runners because I wasn't sure if they'd mind but here's some of the best stuff I saw:
Previously mentioned, but worth repeating some adorable Cinderella's Mice!
3 Good Fairies (multiple sets, all good)
Marry Poppins & a band of chimney sweeps (maybe 10) AMAZING.
Baymax!
About 400,567,900 Olafs the host tried to count them, but there was just too many!
Mike & Sully
A mother/daughter Halle & Doc Mcstuffins! When they were finishing the race little doc decided she was done maybe a foot from the finish and poor Mom Halle was like "We did it. We're here! Come on!" I cheered myself horse when they finally went across!
A family of Incredibles
The Chef and
Sebastian
A lot of men in tutus :rotfl2:

It was almost as amazing as people watching at MNSSHP!

At 7am my ALARM CLOCK on my phone started going off, I lost it I couldn't stop laughing! :rotfl:About 4hrs late there, alarm.

Not long after I got a text that the girls had finished & were waiting by the other bleachers for me. I couldn't believe I'd missed them! So many people though, so much to look at, alarms going off. Soon enough we were reunited!

I think I took pictures of the runners with their metals before we headed back to the bus, but I don't have those. C was telling me about how she finished the race & couldn't find her phone anywhere. She was standing in the little corral and someone crossing the finish line and handed her back her phone! We were like "Disney People are the BEST"

We were the last stop on the trip back. We made friends with a lady on the bus who was so thrilled with herself for running the race. She'd had a rough year medically & thought she'd never run again & here she was!

Then we realized C's phone was missing AGAIN! So N called it and a CM said she had it and she'd put it on the next bus to All Star Movies which should be 15min behind us. See! Disney People :love:

N & I headed back to the room to pack up & about 5min later C returned with her phone.

They changed & we packed the car. We had breakfast reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

It's classy (kinda snooty) joint the GF, but I love how they sneak the characters into the decor:

The wait was HORRIBLE!! It felt like an hour. We were starving! N got an urgent phone call from home so it was awkward to stand unintentionally eavesdropping when we could hear over our rumbling bellies! It was really cool watching all the tiny princesses on their way to 1900 Park Fare princess:

Soon the wait ended, but we laughed all the way to the table because there were SO MANY empty tables?!?

We were thrilled to finally get some coffee! N was telling me how the only souvenir of the 5k you could buy was this little magnet, so I took a picture. Good Job Runners!!

This was our view

The waiter was a total goofball! He delivered N a glass of water, but he said loud enough to be heard at surrounding tables "Your Gin & Tonic, Ma'am"

I ordered french toast, C got a Frittata & N ordered a Mickey Waffle when she asked the waiter if she could have strawberries on it he said "No!" LOL

A little later N said "There's something floating in my water." and he said "It's called ice!" I laughed so hard I almost wet my paints! :rotfl2:

Food Pictures!

Breakfast was...Meh. Like good for Denny's, but kindda a letdown for a fancy restaurant at Disney. N got charged some ridiculous amount for her strawberries which were not fresh. I was just so pleased to eat!

The LAST picture of us together from the trip (I stole it from C's slideshow so it has a funky filter)

Then N waited to go to the fancy soap shop in the GF before we parted ways. I LOVED this window display we passed!

The soap store even had its own chandelier!

I really liked their tiny fancy tub too. Oh that sign? How many kids do you think have just climbed in?

Mickey Soaps!

After that we walked back to the parking lot where we said goodbye to C. N drove me back to Super Target we were supposed to meet when the trip began.

I shopped & then ordered some Starbucks and transcribed my Disney adventure onto 6 napkins (front & back). I think it was 3hrs into my wait for DH & the kids that my mom texted me "Oh! I've been sitting home all day I could have picked you up!" Of Course :rotfl2:

Up Next: Epcot Flower & Garden Trip!!

Such a fun day!! I would love to have seen all those race costumes!!! Too bad the breakfast was overpriced and not that fantastic. Those soaps are adorable though...I have to make a note to check out that shop next time!

Such a fun day!! I would love to have seen all those race costumes!!! Too bad the breakfast was overpriced and not that fantastic. Those soaps are adorable though...I have to make a note to check out that shop next time!

I wish I had taken pictures of them, those outfits were amazing. Thanks for hanging in there. I'll be at Disney this weekend, but I'll add my Flower & Garden trip next week. :flower:

Hello, again! Soooo Many trips to tell you all about!

First here is my Dodger bound on a warmer day:

Good stuff, right?

So, a few weeks after the Frozen 5K I was headed to Epcot for :flower1:Flower & Garden:flower1:

I went with my DCuz (in law), but I'll call her Dcuz & her 3yr old DD, MM. Dcuz is photo-phobic, but here's my little sweetie MM

Last year I brought my DD to :daisy:Flower & Garden:daisy: with them which was a lot of fun. This time it would just be the 3 of us. DH dropped me off at Dcuz's house around 10pm the night before & I crashed on the couch so we could leave as early as possible.

I'd planned to wear my Lady Disneybound for this trip. :dogdance:

I was pretty happy with it even if I didn't at have any dog accessories (no worries I got those cool paw print earrings since then). My only worry was hair do. I thought low pigtails curled, but then I was like um, you're a 30something mother of two...pigtails?!?

I was assured that it was the right call and all I had to do was give it a little bump up front for volume. Too bad I forgot about curls and humidity, they lasted through the parking lot before they were flat. Sigh.

There was some concern on my part about shoes because the prettiest ones tend not to be super park appropriate. In the end I went with my dark blue ballet flats from Old Navy to match the blue necklace for Lady's collar & break up the browns & creams. I did take them off & switch to flip flops for the ride home, but they worked fine.

Now, if you recall my camera lens broke in transport to the Frozen 5K :worried: so I had no "real" camera this trip. Super weird. I was at the mercy of my phone & Dcuz's super nice (almost identical to mine) camera.

We had FPs for Nemo, Figment and Soarin' (We didn't plan on really riding Soarin' together since MM was too short & Dcuz has ridden it a thousand times, but when I made it I'd never ridden it.)

We were up & out right on time. I went for it with the pigtails and I lucked out because MM just happened to be holding a gray stuffed dog! I borrowed him for my picture. :dog2:

Lady & the Tramp!

I don't have any notes about the drive so I'm thinking it was uneventful. Soon enough there was my good friend obvious Mickey! ::MickeyMo

Followed by my favorite sign

And Finally...

We arrived at 8am.

Up Next: No Worries, We Found Nemo!

Yay....another trip and more Epcot!! Love your outfit and hair!! And at Disney...doesn't matter your age...it's always fun to dress up!! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your Epcot day!

Yay....another trip and more Epcot!! Love your outfit and hair!! And at Disney...doesn't matter your age...it's always fun to dress up!! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your Epcot day!

I agree! Never grow up esp at Disney. :smickey:

No Worries, We Found Nemo!

We pulled into a great parking spot because we were early. (I forgot my parking permit, SMH!) We made a quick potty stop & lined up with the crowds waiting to be let in.

Pretty soon Epcot was greeting us in many languages & we all turned Mickey green. Our first FP was Nemo, but we had time so we took a detour over to the character spot first. I love going there first thing in the morning or late at night!

First I had to say good morning to my main mouse :mickeyjum

Now, the day was getting off to a great start!

Up next was Mr. Goof

MM had a little dance with Goofy first

Then it was my turn, I got a hug!

My DH is about Goofy height so this is about what it looks like when we hug.

See those guns? Push yourself in a wheelchair around WDW.

Up next? Minnie!

Having wished our fabulous friend a good morning we headed off to the big ol' blue!

It turned out the standby line had no wait, but we used our FPs anyway

Taking on the jellys!

Fish are friends, not food

We found Nemo.

Up next: more fish friends!

More Fish! :fish:

After Nemo we took a walk around to check out the fish.

Aren't Seahorses amazing? The way he was contorting his body made me think of Nemo's H2O intolerant friend!

Needlefish!

So many pretty fish!

We were all Rumbly in our Tumblys so we headed over to the Land for breakfast.

We got french toast for MM & Dcuz and I split a breakfast panini. Everything came with potatoes and MM also got sausage. Everything was good, but we were starving so that has baring on our opinions.

On our way out we stopped up top & I got my first clear picture of the balloons!

:figment:Next, we were off to a journey into imagination :figment:

Before we hopped in line Dcuz went to the ladies room & MM and I took a Selfie

We didn't really need our FPs here either. It was pretty much a walk on. We got to the end of the line and they offered me the wheelchair car, imagine that? Ok, bad joke, but seriously I never knew that was an option so good to know.

And then...we waited...and waited...and waited...

It finally came & I wheeled right in.

I can't remember if I had been having tire troubles earlier on or not, but I noticed when I put on my breaks that one tire was much lower on air. It was during one of the jerky turns during the ride that I realized that this was a problem when I came off the ground a few inches and starting tipping backwards! I grabbed the rail, but it was a scary moment.
:scared1:

Is it me? Or does the imagination song rival Small World for hardest to get out of your head?

I want to live in Figment's upside down house

We stopped in the play area so MM could get her dance on. On the way out of the gift shop we decided to do some photo booth pictures.

Woohoo! Some pictures of Dcuz, rare indeed.

Now, I dunno...how about some...Flower & Garden?!?

We headed over to see the butterflies first.

We spotted these cuties on the way.

And Sorcerer Mickey too!

Up Next More Flowers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter