Adventure is Out There! A Year of Disney Update 2/2

Cool TR! Now I'm dreaming of a girl's trip without my kids! lol! You both look like you're having so much fun and I love all your outfits!

All Good Things Must Come to an End :sad:

We ducked into the Commissary to rest & charge our phones. N snapped this hair close up while I was chatting with DH.

Not to shabby for the end of the day. :cutie:

I also got the best Birthday message on my FB wall

How perfect is that? :earsgirl:

Once our phones were charged we started slowly wondering out of the park, but first a few more pictures.

An adorable CM named Kayla took these for us. We struck one more Hollywood pose for her. Ta-da!

After several shots, Kayla said "Can you Un-Ta-da, ladies" It cracked us up! I am laughing :rotfl:in the picture. She didn't want our arms cut off in the shot with the Animation building behind us, but the way she said it killed me.

It kind of sums up this point in the day all the Hollywood glamour was winding down, it was time to un-Ta-Da alright.

N had one EXTREMELY important request before we headed out though. She had told me earlier in the day about this amazing caramel apples. I thought "Caramel apples?!? Like you get at a carnival? Pass."

She told me they were $10 :eek: which is saying something because she, like me is her family's budget keeper. Most be some apple! Also, amazing that she was Disney bounding as Snow White & demanding an apple.

I was undecided about the apple all the way to Sweet Spells.

It was a zoo in there this time, but I took pictures while I was in line. I love the villains.

Poor Unfortunate Souls

Get Those Puppies

Just A Bite...

Mirror, Mirror

Then it was our turn. N got the Minnie apple! Adorable.

N's Apple

Her apple was cute and all, but I wasn't sure I was interested. Then I saw the Maleficent apple! I asked what kind of apple they used & she said green! :faint:

They let you take a picture first & then they cut them & put them in the box mine is sitting on (in case you were as worried about the logistics as I was). The horns were rice krispie treats. There were layers of chocolate and caramel underneath what you can see. Oh man. That apple! :love:

I ate one of the horns on the way to the car, it made the walk a little less sad.

We headed home :car: I couldn't get my obvious Mickey shot on the way out of Orlando either this time! Because of darkness & eating. :rolleyes1

We hit an incredible traffic jam, like bumper to bumper. I haven't seen anything like it seen I lived in LA. We had both DHs on our respective cell phones trying to get an alternative route. It's quite amazing now :rotfl:

We eventually found our way through our little detour & were laughing about our adventures! We decided to make a note of the route we took for future Disney travels.

Everyone got home safe & sound. I even shared my "Evil Apple" with DH & despite promising many Disney characters I would I never ate any birthday cake that night. But there was a considerable about of chocolate on my apple so Elsa would be pleased.

Up Next: Frozen 5k Disney trip

(Read About My Disney Cruise on the Dream the weekend after my Bday trip here: (A Dream Cruise is a Wish Your Heart Made)

Last edited:
I honestly, don't get this picture spot. I assumed Mickey rotated, but it's Mickey's back up there. :confused3

It used to face the other way but they turned the photopass peeps around due to the hat removal construction.

And then as we approached the Sorcerer's Apprentice the CM said "Some princesses have come to visit, Mickey! It's Snow White & Tiana" I was THRILLED!

Yay for magical cms!

Then another CM noticed my button. "Is your birthday today?"
"Yes."
"Like to today is your real birthday?"
"Yes."

"Your real actual birthday is today?"
"Yes"
"Oh! Here ya go."

She gave me a pirate Mickey sticker.

how funny!

It used to face the other way but they turned the photopass peeps around due to the hat removal construction.

Thank you so much for explaining that it was really bugging me.

Yay for magical cms!

Yeah, it doesn't take much to make me feel special that's why Disney so much fun. pixiedust:

how funny!

Right? Sticker distribution is very serious business. :rotfl:

Very nicely done!

Thanks! I try. God Bless youtube hair tutorials.

We're still laughing and telling each to "un-ta-da"

Now you are making me want one.

Have one, they're amazing. I want another one.

Such a un magical way to end things.

Right? I was like don't they know it's my birthday?!?

At least you were able to smile about it.

Well, it was post Disney not a lot really bothers me when I'm still smiling from a Disney trip.

Ok, before I start I need to leave this here:

It's :love:Russell:love: from the Animator's Palette on the Disney Dream. I know it's from a trip unrelated to having an AP, but he just belongs here.

The Frozen 5k Trip!

The Cast

N & I are back together, look out! Plus N's friend C.

This was N's first race EVER (not just first Disney Race) & C's been running for a while, but had never done a Disney race. Adventures! So, what the heck was I doing there?

Great question. There were originally 3 runners & 1 backed out. We're all moms, stuff comes up. Anyway, N & C now had to cover the hotel room (All Star Movies) by themselves. So, I offered to come cheer them on, figuring at least N & I (Maybe all 3 of us) would spend the rest of the day of the race at Epcot.

As it got closer it was clear it would be a way different trip than we hoped because::cold:

On top of the chilly weather N found out she had to be back home in the afternoon so no more day at Epcot. :sad:

I'm a glass half full kind of Disney Nut so I pressed on, I canceled Friday's FPs & made a fresh batch for little old me on Thursday evening. Adventures!

Look how cute our magic bands were (N decorated them)

Ready, Ready, Ready to Ruuuuuuun!

Last edited:

:sad2: Mis-Adventures: Not Getting the Show on the Road :car:

So...Everything about this trip ended up being complicated start to finish. I started out the same I finished, STRANDED. I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

N told me the day before the trip she felt bad with the freezing weather & having to leave right after the race that she'd understand if I wanted to back out. On top of which we each had a sick kid at home (DD got off our Disney Cruise with an ear infection, but was on the mend by Thursday & back at school). I considered it, but I really wanted to go.

I had done the whole it looks good on paper thing. I had a quick overnight at WDW for my bday :cake:, the next weekend was our first family DCL trip :boat: & the following Thursday I left for the race princess:. I get tired just typing that. I was BEYOND thrilled to get so many opportunities for Disney time.:faint:

So, Thursday morning I sprung out of bed like Tigger :tigger: a full 30min before my alarm because I was going to WDW! After I got kids to school I packed. The plan was for my mom to give me a ride to a certain mall closer to N's house where N & her DH would swap possession of the kiddos pirate::cutie: & we would hit the road. Simple enough, right?

Nope, not on this trip.

I made everything fit in one Jansport which I thought was pretty darn good considering all the layers :cold: I had to pack. My mom was supposed to pick me up at 11. At about 9:30 she called to tell me she was going to work last minute & couldn't drive me. Sigh. After a minute or two of trying to figure it out she exclaimed "I have an idea :idea: I'll call you back"

I'm not going to lie, I was really worried. I couldn't get a ride so last minute & I couldn't leave DH with no car (his died on the way to DTD to get my AP-Epic tale is in my PTR-). Mom called back & said her friend had dropped by & was heading that way I needed to be dropped off & had volunteered to take me. :car:

At 11 my ride appeared. I had no idea where this mall was just that DH & my mom were familiar with it & I was to wait by the Super Target

We got there really quickly (that should have been a red flag) so my mom's friend offered to buy lunch while we waited. We hit an all you can eat salad bar called Sweet Tomatoes.

Lunch was good & conversation was only slightly awkward. We mostly discussed cruises :boat:. Then she drove me over to the Target (It was NOT a super Target, another red flag). N texted that she was a few minutes away & I went inside to get out of the wind. I bought a bottle of hand sanitizer from the dollar spot & went back outside.

I was Flynn Ridder Disney bounding because the layers & boots were weather appropriate (& he's awesome). Here's a sneak peek:

After a string of very confused texts it was clear, I was at the WRONG mall. :sad2: I called my mom thinking she'd be done with work & near by. She was done with work, but headed home. I told her I was in the wrong place & she said "Oh, my phone says 'Drive K to ----- mall", but I get those two confused...they both have Targets." :confused:

I tried DH thinking maybe he hadn't taken his lunch break yet & could help me out. Nope. It was 30mins between the two malls & N was freaking out. Her DH couldn't help either. I think that's when I started to cry :sad:. I mean, REALLY?!? I had so carefully planned everything so no one had to go out of their way & now everything was a mess.

As I'm headed to guest services to ask them to call one (since I'm not familiar with area or its cab options) N calls & says "hang tight I'm on my way."

Phew.

I went to the restroom & then headed over to wait by the door. An elderly lady stopped on her way out. She had seen me upset on the phone in the cafe & asked if she could buy me a cup of coffee :coffee:. So embarrassing. I declined politely. About then I realized I'd bought the USB cord for my phone charger, but not the plug part. Sigh.

At this point I was joking with N about my love for her & Disney being tested.

In about 25min N pulled up & the world made sense again because we were headed to Disney!! :earsgirl::earsgirl:

Last edited:
Now We're Talking!

We were so happy to see each other! I just kept apologizing. No one wants a late start to a Disney trip! I was worried it would effect the runners being able to pick up their race packets. N was just relieved to hit the road. :moped:

She gave me my awesome magic band & a little goody bag too! She's so sweet. The pink bow fell off right after the picture. N was like oh shoot I don't think I brought my glue gun. LOL, of course everyone brings a glue gun to their first 5K!

The tag had a Tiana shoe pin for me!

Even the tissue paper had Mickey on it! It had a bottle of glittery hand soap, a bar of Mickey soap, a tiny tiara on a comb, a package of hand warmers, some sports jellybeans and some Mickey lollipops! So sweet!

In the car I started to feel self conscious about my plan to part ways with the runners so I could go to Epcot. I'd met C one time about 10yrs ago. I had thought giving the BFFS/Athletes some alone time and grabbing a little bit of Epcot time for myself was a win/win, but now I wondered if C would think I was rude. N assured me, it was totally fine.

Before we knew it, there was our old friend obvious Mickey:

(see I told ya he'd be a frequent flyer in this TR)

We were so excited & making better time than we thought!

Soon enough we saw the sign!

The CM at the booth was named Mickey! We got super excited about that. We were on our way to All Star Movies to check in! It was 3:23 when we arrived in the lobby. We were only 23min behind schedule, not bad considering all the issues getting on the road.

The CM who checked us in kept asking us questions:

Is this your first trip?
No (lots of laughter)
Have you stayed here before?
N: Oh Yeah.
Stuff like that & then she's say stuff like "I'll give you the map anyway", etc

We got our requests for first floor & Toy Story building (closest to the buses) YAY!:cheer2:

She gave us a carnation for each of us!

On our way out of the lobby we snapped a picture of the race bus info, just in case.

We walked out of the lobby just as C pulled into the parking lot, talk about magical timing! We directed her to where we were parked. She & I re-introduced ourselves, then we hopped in the car & told her to follow us.

We made the super short drive to the room. It was 9727 & C said, "oh good the year I graduated." N was like wait what? Oh 97, gotcha and then we joking about how good she looked for having graduated in 27!

Hey there, towel Mickey!

Selfie time! Say "Out without kids!"

Then I was like here get one of me doing the smoulder with my good camera. That's when I discovered my wonderful, expensive camera that was fine yesterday had a jammed lens! :confused3 No idea what happened, but for now we tucked it away & took a phone picture.

The Smoulder

Last edited:
Exploring All Star Movies pixiedust:

We headed out to the buses. Oh, my that Toy Story section is cute beyond words!

To Infinity and Beyond!

"I hope it's not another dinosaur..."

"Thanks for saving my sheep, Woody." This awesome lady saw us taking pictures & offered to take a group shot for us (please note C's awesome Mickey leggings!). Our new friend was wearing running clothes & had this great hat with a crown on it. She was here for the 1\2 marathon so C told her they were here to run too, but "just a 5k." I loved her response "It's not 'just a 5K' you are running a 5k" Word. Way to go runners!! :cheer2:

Hang on!!! LOL, this one's my favorite.

Anyway, we were off to the buses. We went through Andy's bedroom door, along the Sorcerer Mickey pool, through the lobby and out to the buses. At that point the runners went left to the special "event buses" which were taking runners to the expo at the ESPN sports complex (I believe that's where it was). I went right to the park buses.

My first trip into the parks solo. I was off & limping because I totally got in the wrong line at first. LOL, oops! :rolleyes1 A nice man on a bench set me straight. I rolled into my wheelchair box & waited about 5min maybe, it was quick. The girls had been a little worried about me since their bus was waiting for them and mine wasn't there yet so I told them I would text them.

EPCOT

The driver saw me waiting & gave me a thumbs up as he pulled in. The bus knelt before me & on I went. I sent them this picture:

"I'm on the bus!"

They replied:

"LOL Us Too!"

I remember thinking "Sweet, private bus!" It wasn't empty, but I'd never ridden one this empty. Which is awesome because I have to wait for everyone to get off before I can. I was starting to worry my first FP window, it was a 3:40-4:40, would be closed by the time we got to the park . Before I knew it...

It was so good to be back! :thumbsup2 I texted the girls that picture too so they'd know I'd arrived.

I was off like a shot because it was 4:23 when the bus pulled in. I had to get to the character spot! This girl had a date with a mouse ::MickeyMo. Bag check was light crowd-wise since it late in the day. I handed up my almost empty backpack & the security guy asked what I'd done so far. I responded that I was on my way in for the first time this trip which tickled him for some reason.

He smiled and said "Really?!?"
"Yup, really"
"I figured you'd already been to Magic Kingdom."

Not sure whether he noticed my Disney bound or my glow-y I'm-so-happy-to-be-here completion. It made me smile though. Mickey turned green for me (I'd been a little worried & brought my PH magic band just in case) & I was off. I got turned around a few feet from my destination & asked a CM who pointed, with a crooked smile, at the entrance directly behind me where I was headed to begin with. :rolleyes1

Mickey turned green at the FP line too! Phew. Although, the standby line was pretty minimal at that point. I still felt accomplished!

When I made it to the little gate I was asked "How many in your party" for the very first time that trip. "Just Me" I replied with a huge grin expecting judgement from the CM or groans from the other families in line, but instead the CM smiled "Right this way."

As I readied my phone for picture taking I got 3 texts from my mom who was watching RR (My DD who is 5). Sigh. I answered them to best of my ability & wished I had my real camera so I could turn my phone off.

I debated staying in my chair for pictures or standing up. I decided it's just so much faster to take them sitting. I even thought, maybe I'd kiss Mickey's nose. I was just happy to be there!

Up Next: Mickey & Friends!

Last edited:
The Big Cheese ::MickeyMo

As usual I debated taking my picture sitting or standing, but decided to stay sitting to keep the line moving faster. I'm not sure how much I like it when the characters kneel. Anyway, Mickey was being very sweet and he even kissed me (no picture :guilty: ) Then the CM watching the line said:
"She's awfully pretty Mickey better hope Minnie doesn't see that picture she might get jealous."
He shook his head & did the "oh no" gesture
Then she said "She looks like a nice lady. I bet she won't tell Minnie"
I assured him I wouldn't.

Mr. Goof:goofy:

Goofy was a little too serious for my taste. No shenanigans at all.

The family behind me had very little ones like 1 & 2yrs. The CM helping Goofy said "Oh Goofy, we've got a nugget." I thought was so cute. I think Goofy more than anyone else has to weary of spooking the little ones, he's huge. It makes me think of the Disney commercial from when I was a kid where the big brother is helping the little brother pack "I know Goofy is only this big on TV, but in real life he could beat up dad!"

Mrs. Mouse::MinnieMo

It's exciting to visit Minnie. I normally don't visit with her because I have RR is with me. I take the pictures while she visits. She's the biggest Minnie fan ever. Here she is on her 3rd birthday (2yrs ago) :

So, it was a treat to hang with Minnie. :lovestruc She made a grand gesture for me to go to the center of her little area & stepped aside. So sweet! I posted my picture with Minnie on Instagram :) it was the only one I shared during my Epcot night.

Then I texted the girls again to let them know I'd caught up with Mickey & the gang and was heading to my next FP. I was off to my DH's favorite, Living with the Land!

I braced myself for the million mile ramp into the Land & I guess it showed on my face. This nice Mom said "do you mind if I give you a hand?" I was like, "Yes please!" :rotfl2:I was so relieved. As we dodged people all the way up she went on and on about not wanting to offend me. I kept assuring her I was happy she'd offered. Once I was in I got right to the elevator, no sweat. Then when I got off I was totally confused...but I got there.

It was another walk on, but I used my FP and hopped on.

When we went into the greenhouse I took this one and texted DH "I'm on your favorite ride! <3 Please, make my Mom stop texting me"

Greenhouse Mickey ::MickeyMo

Huge Melons!

I took a sunflower picture for RR

When I got off I had TONS of time before my last FP so I had some decisions to make...

Up Next: End of my Epcot night

Yay for making to your FPs in time! and how nice of that woman to help you up the ramp at The Land.

I was pretty excited, even if my FP's weren't really necessary. I often find the other guests at WDW to be very nice, I think that's why the rude ones stand out so much.

A few things I forgot to mention in the last update, sorry! Living with the Land is one you can roll right on if you wish I feel like, if not every boat is accessible a lot of them are.

Also, I totally made up a whole back story for the strange couple in front of me. :rotfl2:They were...hard to explain. So, I made up this whole forbidden romance culminating in running away to Disney World...and ridding this ride :confused3

Also, the ONLY tour my DH has ever been interested in was the "Behind the Seeds" tour & while we were on the ride I saw a group shuffling down a narrow sandy path in the greenhouse. Hmmm...rut row doesn't look accessible. I'll have to research.

Now What?

After Living with the Land it was no where near my FP for Nemo. It was also, colder and darker than when I had entered the building. I decided to just check what the wait time was on Soarin' because....I'd NEVER ridden it! :scared1:

I know. I know! Like I said Epcot has always been my "fly by the seat of my pants" park so I've never done some of the ones that have ridiculous waits. It said "80 minutes"

Hmmmmm........ :scratchin

What the heck?!?

I jumped in line. A very long line. I hooked my cell phone up to my be-loved portable charger and rummaged around for the snacks I realized I'd left at the hotel. Bummer! :guilty: The food smells wafting in were killing me!

So, of course and this point the line was super wide (and on an incline) & the family nearest me was just chilling on the floor having a full on picnic. Sigh.

Surprisingly, when the interactive games started the super posh lady in front of me got way into it! I wasn't too bummed that I was a little short and at an awkward angle to play because that lady was having a great time and it was fun to watch. :)

After maybe 45min in line this little boy squeezed between me & the wall and took off like a shot! Uh-oh! Where are his parents? That was an insanely slow line for a toddler. Then the dad takes off to retrieve him. I didn't envy that guy.

After 60min in line I realized they never came back?!? All the sudden the dad with runaway little boy and the mom and sister were directly in front of me. Woah, I've been in line an hour and your whole family just cut me? And woah, what? They had the red card deal-y they use to time the wait. Grumble, grumble...I was too hungry for this bologna. :(

I was in line number 1. I was ridiculous excited. :thumbsup2Is the flight attendant in the intro Kronk? I'm 90% sure. Love him. :lovestruc

I got to sit next to the nicest family from the FP line. I sat in the center of the front row. They were like "You've never done this one?!? You're going to love it" The mom was like "I HATE heights and I've done this like 30 times!"

I LOVED it! The orange grove smell was the best.

Woohoo! I'm pretty sure the minute I got home from this trip they announced the expansion. Good Call!

Time to Eat!

Needless to say my FP window for Nemo was closing, but I've been on that TONS and I was starving.

I texted the girls who were already back at the hotel.

I grabbed a chicken and with double rice kids meal. I also got a cookie :teeth: This adorable young man who was a very new CM named Alexander helped me. His first day was only 2-9. He asked me what I'd done so far. He loves Soarin' too.

I sat down with my food which I freaking inhaled. I called home to say good night. RR :cutie: was too busy to say good night, but DS pirate:actually chatted with me for a bit. I reminded DH about some things he'd probably forget in the morning and he told me to have fun. I finished eating.

I snapped this picture of the hot air balloons that came out wonky, but I like it. It was time to head to buses.

I stopped at a PP for an Epcot at night picture. The line was moving oddly. People were coming from both directions, but not alternating in a logical way. I think people's brains were frozen. It was COLD. Officially, the coldest night of the year I believe. I was beyond happy to get this shot!

A CM (I'm pretty sure a bus driver who'd just finished his shift) told me to get out of what was the correct line to wait in the wrong spot. Or I totally misunderstood like I said frozen brain. Two full buses went by.

There was a super Grumpy old guy behind me and he was cracking me up. He was straight up old guys in balcony from the Muppets! The girls kept texting "Are you on the bus?"

Once it pulled up and knelt for me I knew it would be super crowded, but I was hoping it would at least be warm. My toes were so cold. I texted the girls at each stop.

There was a dad with an adorable little boy in his arms and this lady standing near him suddenly noticed his cuteness and lit up like a Christmas tree. She smiled and waved and then she fished a chocolate coin out of her bag and held it out to him. I thought "Awww, she's part of his Disney magic."

The girls were waiting when I got back. I had to wait for everyone that was left to get off the bus. They were yelling my name and waving to me I felt like a VIP.

We took a stroll through the gift shop on the way back. We found a tiny shoe and made Cinderella jokes before we handed it over to a CM. Some tiny person has a cold foot. I hope they were reunited.

Back at the room the girls showed me their swag. I took a quick shower and donned my warmest Disney jammies (Eeyore). We all had Disney pjs. We were all in bed with lights out by 9pm. We set the alarm for 3:30am.

Up Next: Race Day

Sounds like a fun Epcot day!! Soarin' is the best. The first time I was afraid I'd feel motion sick on it, but it was awesome. It's no wonder it's always so packed. Looking forward to hearing all about Race Day!!

Been following a long and wanted to say hey!!

I love that your taking girl trips to Disney!! So far everything seems like so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter