• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults and Solo Trips Central

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going Jan 9-12 for my birthday. Staying in a studio at the BLT - MK and I can't wait. I don't have enough points through DVC or enough money in savings to ever afford staying in a 2 BR with the family so I figured, it's my birthday,why not?

DW wife, DBFF and his DW are headed out there next year. Sometime in Oct 2010. Any suggestions where to hang out at night? Have drinks and dinner? We'll be staying off property.

Well... Im really feelin like a wierdo cause... Being a ex-jr college professor that is going back to college... My parents desided to bring me to my favorite vacation place WDW.. So.. The frugal guy my dad is guess where im sleeping... haha... Yea..

So.. if you check out my myspace.com/mrjdsmith you will see that I am a total disney freak and love the whole utopian idea of WDW. But... Even though I have a huge smile on my face not being able to laugh or talk to someone else is really lonely and I love wdw but by urself isnt so great... :0)

If anyone has any suggestions... give me a yell...

Jerry Smith

Well... Im really feelin like a wierdo cause... Being a ex-jr college professor that is going back to college... My parents desided to bring me to my favorite vacation place WDW.. So.. The frugal guy my dad is guess where im sleeping... haha... Yea..

So.. if you check out my myspace.com/mrjdsmith you will see that I am a total disney freak and love the whole utopian idea of WDW. But... Even though I have a huge smile on my face not being able to laugh or talk to someone else is really lonely and I love wdw but by urself isnt so great... :0)

If anyone has any suggestions... give me a yell...

Jerry Smith

Jerry, I've done a solo trip and it was actually fun.
Is this the 1st time you're going alone?
Aren't your folks with you?
Sorry, I won't be there until Labor Day weekend so I won't be able to meet up but you can always PM me if you need to talk.
(Especially if it's about Disney!!):banana:

haha... Well... Today I went to Hollywood Studios and had my lime green ribbon on and no... no... ONe... :( It was funny when about 5 it started raining and everyone freaked... I just felt like "Singing in the Rain"... and I did... Well... I am still here til tuesday if anyone is around. Jerry

Anybody going that week and want to meet up for drinks, dinner park hopping?

We'll be staying at Saratoga Springs and are planning MK on Sunday, DS (50's prime time for lunch and Yeehaw Bob at RS that night, Epcot on Tues. (dinner at Chef's de France and Illuminations that night), AK Wed. with no plans other than some BBQ at FT, DTD Thurs. and Kuzzina (Cat Cora's new place for dinner, Fri. is an open daytill dinner at Citricos and then Micky's not so Scary Halloween Party that night.

hi i am single and am going to be in WDW Oct 4th--11th. I will go to the MNSSHP on the 6th. Is anyone going to be down there during my dates. Would love to meet up and have some fun. diane

Well I have a pretty "high-class problem" on my hands. I will be going to WDW twice for work over the next two months for a total of 9 days. First trip starts this Sunday and I will be staying at the Beach Club and then I will be at the Dolphin in November.I have a trip planned, well before I knew about my work trips, with my family in March of next year.

As an aside, anyone have any experience with the after 4pm tickets that they sell to conventioners?

This will also be the first time that I have been to WDW alone and I am having some serious melancholy about it. To me, Disney is about being there with my family and it is going to be hard for me to enjoy it without them. I mean don't get me wrong, I love it there. My favorite place on the planet. But I have always been there with family.

I have been reading this thread and getting some inspiration from you all. Thanks for that. I will let you all know how it goes!

Jennifer

Well 24hrs 7 minute to be exact till the plane takes off for WDW. Looks like Sunday might be a rain day and we are thinking of just hanging out at DTD. Anybody else have the same idea?

This will also be the first time that I have been to WDW alone and I am having some serious melancholy about it. To me, Disney is about being there with my family and it is going to be hard for me to enjoy it without them. I mean don't get me wrong, I love it there. My favorite place on the planet. But I have always been there with family.

Jennifer

Hi there... I did my first alone trip a couple years ago... and was very melancholy about it from time to time. It wasn't supposed to be an alone trip, but turned into one and I was a bit nervous about it. I mean, without having someone to share the magic... would there be any? :confused3

I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. :goodvibes I had a blast. I had more fun being silly doing the Pooh ride 5 times in a row because it made me happy... riding the AstroBlasters because I hadn't since I was a kid... taking a pretzel on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and riding it twice... or just sitting a moment in the shade and watching people.

My favorite moment came when I found myself at the Studios... and discontent. I sat on a bench, racking my brain over what attraction to do next... unhappy that everything that sounded like fun was in Epcot. The following dialogue started in my head-- "Well... then why not go to Epcot?" "No, it's Studios day..." "Why not go to Epcot?" It just dawned on me that nothing and no one was stopping me. I marched to the entrance, got on the boat, and played in Epcot. :thumbsup2 Much better.

Best part about that first solo trip was that I met some fabulous people...cast members and vacationers alike. (Some even on here! On accident, no less!) I was able to take MORE time to notice the magic. Smile at first timers, wish people Happy Birthday, help someone with their stroller... whatever. You have more time to BE part of the magic as well as helping to spread it. It's really an unbeatable experience. :goodvibes

Now, I look forward to my trips with my family in the future... but once a year, I might just have to keep up the solo trips. Just to keep the pixie dust pile at a respectable level:lovestruc ;):lovestruc

H:hippie:

thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. So to follow up, I went there alone and had a wonderful time. as fun as going with family? No. But like you said, I was able to do things on my own time and without judgment. maybe I ate a cream cheese pretzel or three. So? Maybe I rode the haunted mansion 4 times in a row? Who cares? I may have even not gone to HS at all and I am ok with that.

It was a great time and I am glad I got to experience it.

Woodley,

Don't worry! You will enjoy yourself. I know what you are saying though. I prefer to go with my friends or family, but since they don't enjoy going as much as I do, I often go alone for a long weekend to relax and escape the stress of real life.

You will enjoy it after you get over your awkwardness. Most people won't even notice you are alone, since they are wrapped up in their own trip activities. The only time I sometimes feel uncomfortable is when I am eating at a restaurant. I usually just get out my map or even guide and look at that though while I eat. Gives me something to do! Do you have a little pocket tour guide? That could work also.

Those are both nice hotels! Have fun!

Woodley,if nothing else enjoy ur glam hotels!! I'd like to take a trip w/ zero parks one day. i stay in value or moderate when I do the parks. But some day I"ll splurge on one of the deluxe resots & skip the parks all together. = ) Just an idea.

Hi all,

My brother and I (28 and 25) are heading to WDW JAn 3-11, 2010 and were hoping to meet up with other disney lovers! We're staying at the POP and are up for just about anything. Woo-hoo! Less than a month. Get in touch!

Stephen

Hi all,

My brother and I (28 and 25) are heading to WDW JAn 3-11, 2010 and were hoping to meet up with other disney lovers! We're staying at the POP and are up for just about anything. Woo-hoo! Less than a month. Get in touch!

Stephen

Hey guys, is this your 1st trip?
We Disboarders love Newbies!!:jumping3:

Hi lynn...no we're not newbie's by any means- I would say we have gone to Disney World at least 9 times (Disneyland somewhere in there once too) before together with parents and grandparents. First time just us brothers. We're Disney freaks and I just found these boards and realized how many are out there like us! and you Lynn!!

Stephen:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm excited!!! CAn't wait....so if anyone is going down those days let me know

My first Solo trip to the world Jan 10th thru the 17th.....Cant wait!
Any other solo travelers there then????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter