Adults and Solo Trips Central ** Updated 5/8/07

Going to WDW for my FIRST ever solo trip! 09/03-09/10 and staying at Pop Century. My sister and I had been planning to go but after much deliberation, and weighing options just figured it would be best.. None the less I am excited to be going! :cheer2:

Heading back to WDW 11/16-23 for another solo journey. Too excited for words. :banana:

Just returned from a sisters only trip earlier this May and while that was a tremendous amount of fun and a wonderful experience I am glad that I am lucky enough to get to go again later this year. :cool1::woohoo::cool1:

Have a question....

Trying to plan ahead and maybe plan my first ever solo event, but it would take a LOT of advanced planning and begging for days off at work depending on what is going on.

Soooo....

1) Is the 24 hr event always the same corresponding date of the year (this year it was the 23 of May, next year it will be 22?). Is there any way to know this far in advance when it will be?

2) Can you do a SWW event the same weekend/trip as the 24 hr?

3) What's the usual cost for a solo? I figured some of yall might have a generic idea. I would probably stay at a value resort as I wouldnt be spending much time in it.

What's the usual cost for a solo? I figured some of yall might have a generic idea. I would probably stay at a value resort as I wouldnt be spending much time in it.

The cost depends on numerous circumstances and choices that you will make: how far away do you live, will you fly or drive, accommodations, dining, souvenirs, type of park tickets, etc. No one else can tell you what it will cost, as there are too many variables. To minimize the cost, you could stay off property, and avoid steak meals on property now that they are upwards of $30. Check out mousesavers.com for other ways to keep cost down.

I am thinking about going to WDW either the end of July or the start of August on my own.I have done it before and it was miserable as I wish I had some company at some point. So if anyone wants to meet up then let me know. I have been before many times with my children and my fiancé but he cant make it so I am going alone.

I have a quick solo fr Halloween. I'll be at MNSSHP that night, then I have one day where I was planning MK in the morning, then DHS until Fantasmic! i might squeeze in Epcot as well. Any other Halloween geeks gonna be around?

OMG! My husband and I are HUGE into halloween! We would love to open our own haunted house some day. We even have two of our three kids born in October. We tell everyone we are breeding Haunters:rotfl2:. There is a huge Halloween convention/trade show in St Louis in March that we go to yearly sponsered by Transworld. I have a confrence for work in Tampa in October and will be doing a short side trip at WDW October 9th through the 12th. I really want to go to experience MNSSHP. This will be my first solo trip ever. I have tried to talk friends into going with me but none could go wih such short notice due to finances. I am a bit nervous going solo since I am a social creature by nature and would love to meet up with a group who are in the same boat. I hope you had a great trip!

My boyfriend and I are going 9/18-9/24, I haven't been in years and this is his first trip! :mickeyjum

hi,

Anyone want to eat around the world? I am also willing to do MNSHP.

I have a day before my cruise.

I'm planning on going to WDW over Labor Day weekend and am just going to wing it on everything (other than where I'm staying), so if anyone else is interested in joining me on this adventure, the more the merrier!

So I am planning my first trip to WDW since childhood, and it has turned out to be a mostly solo trip.

I am kind of nervous, but have been reading and think I have a strategy to where being a singleton wont be the worst thing ever! However, I am a very social person, so if there are any other solo travelers planning to also be at WDW 10/10-18 2014, I would love to hang out and do some rides or dinner/drinks one of those days!

Also, any tips or suggestions for solo travelers would be awesome. It is actually my first solo vacation ever as well! EEP! Go big or go home, i guess!

So I am planning my first trip to WDW since childhood, and it has turned out to be a mostly solo trip. I am kind of nervous, but have been reading and think I have a strategy to where being a singleton wont be the worst thing ever! However, I am a very social person, so if there are any other solo travelers planning to also be at WDW 10/10-18 2014, I would love to hang out and do some rides or dinner/drinks one of those days! Also, any tips or suggestions for solo travelers would be awesome. It is actually my first solo vacation ever as well! EEP! Go big or go home, i guess!
Solo trips in my opinion are a lot of fun as long as you make it fun. You get to do whatever, whenever you want. A lot of times the ride wait times are shorter (single lines) or needing solo riders. Eating out, a lot of places have seating that you don't wait for that a lot don't know about. Example, rainforest cafe. They could have a 45 minute + wait, but you can walk in and sit at the bar with no wait, very easy if you're by yourself. A lot of places do this, they just don't advertise it to the world. Just go, have fun. I have met so many people over my solo trips

Hi everyone,
I'm going solo from 8/28-9/11, staying offsite but planning on winging it with what i do the rest of the time! Back story, I've had a bit of a rough year, got divorced at Christmas and my best friend died two weeks ago, so I decided a last minute trip for my birthday would help get my mind off things. Last few birthdays have been a disaster zone (long story) but determined my next one as a newly single gal would be different. Hence the solo trip!
I'm Karen, I'm 33 (34 on 8/30) and from the uk. Would love to say hi to fellow solo travellers going at that time, so feel free to drop me a line :)

Hey everyone! This is my first post here! So, I found the disboards because I did a google search of traveling to WDW alone haha. I'm not used to doing things by myself (once went to the theater alone and that was odd haha), but as it happened to be, I'll be going to WDW alone! I'm going for the Imagination Gala event, and though I'll hopefully meet up with some vinyl people there, I am kind of nervous to be going alone :/ I'll be at WDW Sept. 3rd-10th, is anyone else here going around that time at all? I love meeting new people!!

I just booked a solo trip for November 15-21. Looking forward to it and if anyone else will be there at same time, would be nice to say hi.

I'll be at POFQ for my second solo trip 11/23-11/27. just in time for the pretty Christmas decorations!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter