Adults and Solo Trips Central ** Updated 5/8/07

I'm celebrating a big birthday this fall and will be spending 4 days with a great friend at Old Key West! We have birthdays a week apart so it's kind of a two-fer! Can't wait!!! All we have to do is get on the plane!
I'm also going down 6 weeks later for the Wind & Dine Half Marathon. Meeting my daughter there and running with her. Another can't wait trip!!!:banana:

Still counting down. Will be in Disney this Sunday for sure.
MK is the plan for the 2nd of June, other days are not set yet.

Anyone else gonna be there?

I just booked my first trip to Disney World for Dec 1st - 7th for my 40th birthday, this will also be my first solo trip anywhere. Luckily I'm related to a Disney family (Peter Panic Attack and Tinkershell) who have encouraged me, answered my thousands of questions, and pointed me to this site, among others, because I'm not sure I would have had the courage to do it alone.

I just booked my first trip to Disney World for Dec 1st - 7th for my 40th birthday, this will also be my first solo trip anywhere. Luckily I'm related to a Disney family (Peter Panic Attack and Tinkershell) who have encouraged me, answered my thousands of questions, and pointed me to this site, among others, because I'm not sure I would have had the courage to do it alone.

Welcome to the boards! :welcome:

So glad to hear you booked a solo trip for yourself for your birthday! :cake:
I'm sure you are going to have a great time!

I'll be doing the same thing for my b-day next year :banana:

Welcome to the boards! :welcome:

So glad to hear you booked a solo trip for yourself for your birthday! :cake:
I'm sure you are going to have a great time!

I'll be doing the same thing for my b-day next year :banana:

Thanks for the great welcome. I've been a huge Disney fan my whole life and have been dreaming about a Disney World vacation for the last 20 years, turning 40 was just a good reason to finally do it.

Going to WDW in a few months with my family, one night my husband and I are going to get dinner alone without the kids. What would you say is the most romantic place to eat?

I am doing a runDisney event on October 5 and looking to see if someone is also going to be doing the 5k as well?

I am looking at going solo August 20-24, probably will stay at an all-star since its pretty good rates around that time. If anyone wants to meet up for drinks or something i'm down for some drinks or park hopping.

Happy BD, I will be there Sept 5 - 12 celebrating my 56 on the 7th. The African trek was great, I went two years ago. One of the perks (at least then) was it includes a photo pass cd with tons of photos the guides take of your group and the animals, but you can also have photopass photogs get pictures of you through out all the parks during your stay and have them included on the cd as well. It is well worth the time and money IMO. I'll be staying at BCV, the only definite plan I have is for NOJ on the 6th. If you want to meet up any time let me know. Bob

Hey Bob,

That's awesome. No better way to spend your birthday than at WDW, in my opinion. I'm going on my second solo jaunt at around the same time. 45 days and counting!

Happy BD, I will be there Sept 5 - 12 celebrating my 56 on the 7th. The African trek was great, I went two years ago. One of the perks (at least then) was it includes a photo pass cd with tons of photos the guides take of your group and the animals, but you can also have photopass photogs get pictures of you through out all the parks during your stay and have them included on the cd as well. It is well worth the time and money IMO. I'll be staying at BCV, the only definite plan I have is for NOJ on the 6th. If you want to meet up any time let me know. Bob

Hi Bob, Happy B'day in advance! I may have to forgo the African Trek this trip but it sounds wonderful! I'll be at Epcot for sure on the 5th and AK on the 6th. (Following Touringplans least crowded parks). Hoping to be able to have lunch at Be Our Guest on the 7th and will just be winging it for the 8th. Do any of those days work for you?

Hoping to be able to try out the Magic Band! :)

9/4 - Flying Fish Cafe Chef's Wine Tasting Dinner
9/5 - Biergarten
9/6 - Sanaa
9/7 - 1900 Park Fare breakfast
9/8 - Hacienda de San Angel dinner

Hi All:goodvibes I'm new to the Board and am excited to see discussions about solo travel. I am planning a solo trip for October 14 through Disney for 4 nights at Pop Century and 6 nights at POFQ with a total of 7 days for park tickets. Well, the TA made my second reservation as room only which meant I had two deposits and only three days of park tickets while at the Pop:sad2: This is not what I asked for. The TA went on to say I could add more park tickets later which would saved me money. I'm not sure whether I will be saving money but it appears I did receive a discount on my room. Any thoughts on this? Also, will I be able to pay my room only reservation in advance? The whole purpose of getting a package was to pay off the balance before the trip. I'd really appreciate any insight you may have.

Happy birthday to those celebrating and happy unbirthday to the rest of us! We celebrated my 30th in 2010 at MNSSHP and DH's 30th in 2011 and got engaged at MVMCP. We had to skip last year because we bought a house and got married! This year, we're taking our delayed honeymoon during F&W AND doing both MNSSHP and MVMCP. I didn't realize how much skipping one year would make me miss being there! Only 3 months to go :lovestruc

This will be my first solo vacation ANYWHERE! What better place to do it but Disney. I have always wanted to go to The Mouse House ALONE. This is my first opportunity and I am grabbing it. Is anyone elese going to be there between 9/19 - 9/23?

Tara:cool1:

This will be my first solo vacation ANYWHERE! What better place to do it but Disney. I have always wanted to go to The Mouse House ALONE. This is my first opportunity and I am grabbing it. Is anyone elese going to be there between 9/19 - 9/23?

Tara:cool1:

I will be there from 9/20 through 9/24 :banana:

Hey all,

I will be staying at POP 9/6 to 9/15. Pretty new to the DIS.

Anyone else going to be at "the world" during this time, would love to make some new friends!

Hi Bob, Happy B'day in advance! I may have to forgo the African Trek this trip but it sounds wonderful! I'll be at Epcot for sure on the 5th and AK on the 6th. (Following Touringplans least crowded parks). Hoping to be able to have lunch at Be Our Guest on the 7th and will just be winging it for the 8th. Do any of those days work for you?

I certainly want to check out the new Fantasy Land expansion so I would be able to join you for the BOG lunch on the 7th, if that works for you.

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter