Adults and Solo Trips Central

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posting up again, I'd love to meetup with some fun folks from this forum, seems like a great group of people.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Anyone going to Disney this weekend? My travel buddies all fell through but I paid for the room already so I am going. :) Friday at Disney and Saturday at Universal.

I'm taking my first ever trip to Disney - solo! - the first week of September. Tired of waiting for someone to go with...

I'm flying from San Francisco on Labor Day Monday, the 3rd. I leave at 7pm on Friday the 7th, so I'll still have a mostly full day in the parks. I got a good deal at the Boardwalk Inn (though I was really drawn to Wilderness Lodge), so I upgraded to Club Level. (Got a standard view, because the first thing I do in a hotel room is draw the curtains and make it as dark as possible!)

Already made a few ADRs, though I may change as we get closer: Le Cellier, Via Napoli, Hollywood Brown Derby and Chefs de France. I planned afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian for my last day.

Any other advice??

I would also very much recommend watching the Magic Kingdom Fireworks from atop the Contemporary Hotel. Get to the California Grill Bar about an hour before the fireworks. Have a drink, maybe an appetizer and then stroll out onto the viewing platform. You get the music and a pretty good view!

I'm hoping to get to WDW the first week of January, 2013. I may be going with someone, but there's a good chance I will be going solo. Any others going to be down there at that time? I'm kind of nervous about the prospect of going by myself, even though I love WDW and have been down there plenty of times!

Don't be nervous. After the first time it is easy. Nothing to fear but fear itself!-FDR

Hello ! My name is Dominique, I live in NYC and I have been a Disney lover since...I came out of the womb! As a child I frequented WDW countless times. I love Hidden Mickeys, Disney movie trivia, Disney merchandise, soundtracks..you name it! I am DYING to go to the Food and Wine festival this year, since I will be turning 25 shortly before it starts. Unfortunately, I have no friends interested in going to Disney World, as they all think its for children (what Disney lover hasn't experience such nonsense?!) I am hoping to come across some people who may be able to steer me in the right way to find such a group of people interested in going to Disney, if such group exists! I was wondering if you ever came across a group (whether on meetup.com or not) of women (single, married, kids, whatever) who have a group..maybe they take an annual trip to Disney or something?

Any information you could give me would be great!

Thank you so much!

Hello ! My name is Dominique, I live in NYC and I have been a Disney lover since...I came out of the womb! As a child I frequented WDW countless times. I love Hidden Mickeys, Disney movie trivia, Disney merchandise, soundtracks..you name it! I am DYING to go to the Food and Wine festival this year, since I will be turning 25 shortly before it starts. Unfortunately, I have no friends interested in going to Disney World, as they all think its for children (what Disney lover hasn't experience such nonsense?!) I am hoping to come across some people who may be able to steer me in the right way to find such a group of people interested in going to Disney, if such group exists! I was wondering if you ever came across a group (whether on meetup.com or not) of women (single, married, kids, whatever) who have a group..maybe they take an annual trip to Disney or something?

Thank you so much!

Hi Dominique,

I think you'll find no shortage of people on here willing to go. I'm in a couple Meetup groups myself that frequent Disney. One is a Disney specific group (although I have yet to do anything with them). Another is a single parent group and I occasionally schedule days/weekends at Disney so I have other adults for me to talk to and other kids for my daughter. One event I've missed the last 2 years is the Food & Wine Festival. I've either had friends cancel on me at the last minute or I haven't found anyone interested in going. And the Food & Wine Festival just isn't the same with a young child in tow - LOL.

I'm sure you can find something through Meetup.com or even post on here when you're interested in going and people will respond. I'm running the Food & Wine half marathon this year so I think I'm going to finally break my two year drought - LOL.

Hi Dominique,

I think you'll find no shortage of people on here willing to go. I'm in a couple Meetup groups myself that frequent Disney. One is a Disney specific group (although I have yet to do anything with them). Another is a single parent group and I occasionally schedule days/weekends at Disney so I have other adults for me to talk to and other kids for my daughter. One event I've missed the last 2 years is the Food & Wine Festival. I've either had friends cancel on me at the last minute or I haven't found anyone interested in going. And the Food & Wine Festival just isn't the same with a young child in tow - LOL.

I'm sure you can find something through Meetup.com or even post on here when you're interested in going and people will respond. I'm running the Food & Wine half marathon this year so I think I'm going to finally break my two year drought - LOL.

I've had no luck on meetup.com, as of yet..but my fingers are still crossed! Thank you for the info though! I really appreciate anything I can get. Will you be able to enjoy all the food and wine with a half marathon to prepare for?popcorn::

I've had no luck on meetup.com, as of yet..but my fingers are still crossed! Thank you for the info though! I really appreciate anything I can get. Will you be able to enjoy all the food and wine with a half marathon to prepare for?popcorn::

Meetup is hit or miss with me, too...mostly miss. I have a couple groups I'm fairly active with - a beer group and my single parent group - but most of them, I've rarely or never done anything with. No specific reason - just a vibe or the event doesn't suit my taste.

I might have to postpone my food and wine indulgence until after the run. I like to think of drinking after you run as drinking more efficiently. I'm dehydrated so the alcohol effect kicks in quicker ;-)

If you decide to come down, let me know and I'll see if it's a weekend I can come over and hangout with you. Like I said, I don't want to miss it again this year.

Meetup is hit or miss with me, too...mostly miss. I have a couple groups I'm fairly active with - a beer group and my single parent group - but most of them, I've rarely or never done anything with. No specific reason - just a vibe or the event doesn't suit my taste.

I might have to postpone my food and wine indulgence until after the run. I like to think of drinking after you run as drinking more efficiently. I'm dehydrated so the alcohol effect kicks in quicker ;-)

If you decide to come down, let me know and I'll see if it's a weekend I can come over and hangout with you. Like I said, I don't want to miss it again this year.

I'll definitely keep you posted. Im booking very soon, so I'll have the set dates then.

Also, BEER GROUP?! WHAT! hellooooooo, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat:woohoo:
I love, LOVE beer. Maybe we have something like that up here. I should check it out.

By the way, Ive definitely never heard of someone excited to drink dehydrated hilarious!

I'll definitely keep you posted. Im booking very soon, so I'll have the set dates then.

Also, BEER GROUP?! WHAT! hellooooooo, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat:woohoo:
I love, LOVE beer. Maybe we have something like that up here. I should check it out.

By the way, Ive definitely never heard of someone excited to drink dehydrated hilarious!

Drinking dehydrated is my little joke. I usually run after work, then I shower and meet friends. I usually have the first beer or two before I realize I haven't eaten yet....and my favorite beer is 8.9% abv so it packs a wallop - LOL.

Definitely keep me posted :-)

Thank you so much!

Yes the uninformed think Disney is just for kids, but we know better!

I am going to be heading to WDW December 15 - 21 staying at the Yacht Club resort nearby Epcot. I recently told my family members that I was going to Disney World by myself and recieved a lot of mixed feelings from them. Some went you're not going to have fun by yourself. That isn't 100 percent true. I took my girl friend to Disney World August of 2011 and honestly she kind of put a damper on the trip because of humidity and being cranky half the time. I am in the military, but I don't let rain or humidity ruin my vacation.

Has anyone been to Disney World during the December months? I know weather can be unpredictable, but I lived in Hawaii for the last three years so it will be an interesting expierience.

I have all of my dinner reservations already planned and reserved and as far as the other two meals I figure I would play by ear, also I am looking at purchasing a spa package for one of the afternoons or morning I am there for some relaxation and rejuvination any suggestions?

Hey guys,

Since I last replied here I went on my first trip to Orlando. It was also my first solo holiday.

I got mixed reactions from friends and family about the holiday too since most wanted me to stay local or wait until people could go with me. After all, I was a 10 hour flight away if anything happened!

I remember looking on this thread and hearing loads of others going solo that it persuaded me to book it. I had the greatest time in my life.

I had such an awesome time, I'm going back this September too! Going solo is so much fun and I now recommend it to people I know.

Thanks to those on this thread last year for convincing me to go as it was one of the best decisions I made!

I am going to be heading to WDW December 15 - 21 staying at the Yacht Club resort nearby Epcot. I recently told my family members that I was going to Disney World by myself and recieved a lot of mixed feelings from them. Some went you're not going to have fun by yourself. That isn't 100 percent true. I took my girl friend to Disney World August of 2011 and honestly she kind of put a damper on the trip because of humidity and being cranky half the time. I am in the military, but I don't let rain or humidity ruin my vacation.

Has anyone been to Disney World during the December months? I know weather can be unpredictable, but I lived in Hawaii for the last three years so it will be an interesting expierience.

I have all of my dinner reservations already planned and reserved and as far as the other two meals I figure I would play by ear, also I am looking at purchasing a spa package for one of the afternoons or morning I am there for some relaxation and rejuvination any suggestions?

December is wonderful!! We'll actually be leaving just as you're arriving. Lots of great decor and little holiday touches. The weather is unpredictable but often mild. You'll catch the beginning of the Christmas crowds, but the beginning of your trip should be pretty easy. I'm looking at spa packages now! I'm usually exhausted or hanging with the kiddos, so for my half adults only/halfsolo trip next month, I'm hoping to book a spa day or two!

First solo trip coming up this September!

9/11 to 9/15, staying at Pop, my family also gave me a ton of mixed feelings (mostly negative) about the trip, waste of money, I'll be lonely, etc....

Oh well, The only times in the past I haven't enjoyed the World was when I was getting dragged somewhere by a travel companion, so I'm really very excited for this.

That said, I'm not opposed to meeting up with some DISers if there is any overlap, or maybe meeting someone new while I'm there and making some new friends!

First solo trip coming up this September!

9/11 to 9/15, staying at Pop, my family also gave me a ton of mixed feelings (mostly negative) about the trip, waste of money, I'll be lonely, etc....

Oh well, The only times in the past I haven't enjoyed the World was when I was getting dragged somewhere by a travel companion, so I'm really very excited for this.

That said, I'm not opposed to meeting up with some DISers if there is any overlap, or maybe meeting someone new while I'm there and making some new friends!

Exactly the same here. ill be there from 30 aug untill 6 sept. It will be my 6th WDW visit but my first solo trip. Always open to anyone who wants to grab a bite, ride or just hang around for a little while.

Thought I'd post here as well. XP

I'm going to be a solo traveler from August 24th to August 28th. If anyone is interested in meeting up at the parks? Grabbing a drink? Anything of the sort, just let me know. Either send me a message or reply here, whatever is easier.

Also, random question: What is the lime green ribbons that I keep hearing mentioned? Does that signal that you're solo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter