• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Great job getting all the ADR's you wanted! Sorry about the snag up though. Man! Good thing they were able to quickly take care of that for you! I would have been freaking out so much!!!
I hope your stay-cation was awesome!

I'm always so far behind on everybody threads... and now I'm even behind MY OWN! I'm trying to catch up, but of course I came back to work today with about 17 fires to put out. I'm taking a break from said firefighting to do replies...

Loving your ADRs! Someday, I will follow in your footsteps, lose that 40 pounds like I'd planned, run away solo to WDW, and indulge in Deluxe Dining and the Beach Club.
You so should! Granted, I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure it's going to be a fabulous trip! :cutie:

My dieting has been in a slump. Too much cheating, and can't seem to focus. We only have 45 days until we jet off to Orlando, so I'm setting a nice 10 pound goal. I think that's reasonable.
I know how that goes. I know me... I can't cheat just a little. Some of my friends and family think I'm too strict on myself with this diet, but I know me... Once I cheat, I go tumbling off the wagon completely. I've started to look at it like an alcoholic can't have "just one drink," and I can't have "just one cupcake." I'm not trying to ruin my carb sobriety!

OMG, I would have been crazy if my card was declined right then and there. I'm glad you were able to get all your ADR's. It must have been a huge relief after the credit card snafu. :)
I was FREAKING OUT. :scared:

I'm curious to see how the Wishes dessert party works out with their new system. The view from the hub has to be better than that crazy view from the TomorrowLand Terrace.
I've never done it before, so I'm looking forward to checking it out!

I love that credit card companies watch out for us but at the same time it's getting a little crazy.
Yeah, I asked if they could dial back my security settings, but they said only temporarily. I also asked if something has changed with their system recently, because it's strange (and wildly inconvenient) that it happened twice in the same month, and both on fairly routine things. I've been with this bank for 6 years, and this is the first time this sort of thing has been a problem!

So happy you got everything you wanted yahoooooo!
ME TOO! I was all ready to be so stressed out, especially after reading for a while the troubles people were having getting LTT and Yak & Yeti. But it was smooth sailing for me!

Now I am starting an over under pool on how many change you make :rotfl2:xoxox kidding.... Kinda
BAHAHA! Honestly, I don't feel compelled to make any changes. Yet. A lot could happen in 5+ months, though... :laughing:

So excited for you that it all went well despite the cc crisis.
MAJOR SCORE!!!!!
Thanks! I'm so relieved that it went so well... I was super nervous!!

Also :worship: on getting to the gym that early. NO FREAKIN WAY would I be up that early to go to a gym. Good for you.
Does it make a different that I just stayed up all night, then went to bed when I got home after making my ADRs? I only ever see 4:30am from the night time side...

Awesome job! Even with the scary CC problem. I just don't get what you can do about that sort of stuff. I usually do keep another card with me when booking, just in case. I don't even think you could call them ahead of time and explain what's about to happen, because I think it's an automatic response by the system. I always worry that the card I use to buy gas for my scooter is going to get frozen, because it has a small tank that only holds a few gallons. Supposedly, multiple small charges or small charges at gas stations can trigger a freeze.
In all my years as a travel industry professional, this was the first time I'd EVER heard of something like that! Not only the fact that my card was actually being hit with $0.00 charges, but that those were enough to trigger a fraud alert! So crazy!

I am very jealous of some of your ADRs. There are so many places that I want to try. Beaches & Cream looks really good, and we haven't been to Ohana yet either. Looks like the makings of an awesome trip.
I think I'm going to spend the majority of this trip eating. I can't wait! :goodvibes

OMG your gym is open at that time of day :faint: I don't think any here would be!!!
A lot of gyms in the US operate on a 24-hour schedule. You know we're crazy over here. :crazy2:

That's crazy about your credit card but thank goodness the phones were manned at that hour and you could sort it out quick. I never knew they actually put anything through on the card!!
I never knew, either! Total shock! :eek:

Congrats on getting everything you wanted, you may still be able to tweak the times if you really wanted the original ones.
I might try tweaking them a little, but I feel like they're all pretty close to what I had wanted, and I'm happy about that!

So, if I remember correctly, you were planning to stay up all night before booking your ADR's. Does this mean that you went to the gym that early on no sleep? Wowza!!
I did! But that's my natural rhythm. My happiest, most rested days where when I worked 11pm-7am. Working days like I do now is SO HARD. Even after 5 years of it, my body has never truly adjusted to a normal schedule.

Congrats on getting everything you wanted!! Now you can get a nap in before your show premiers tonight!
I sure did! And also OMG THE SHOW IS SO GOOD.

Glad you got everything you wanted even with the credit card dramas!
Me too! Other than the CC issue, getting all the ADRs I wanted turned out to be a BREEZE! :thumbsup2

Depending how my ADRs go in a couple of days I may end up being free on the 24th if you want company at O'hanas :cutie:
I would love that! Just let me know! :cutie:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on getting all your ADR's!! And glad the cc issue got settled quickly and easily :sad2:
You and me both! I was in a complete PANIC! :scared:

We had a cc problem on our Aug. 2014 trip, stemming from the banks "protecting" us - yes, I get it, they're saving us trouble but it's still a PITA! We arrived on a Sat. and went to Maya Grill for dinner; went to pay with Steve's debit card which we knew was good to use - declined. Couldn't call till Monday, UGH! Well, since we hadn't notified them we were going away they shut it off when they saw the Fla. charge. All got straightened out Monday.

Fast forward to Thursday when we went to eat breakfast at Pepper Market. We'd eaten there once already but paid cash; debit card declined, WHAT!!! Well, come to find out by calling bank AGAIN, Pepper Market shows up as a California charge so they once again shut off card :furious: OMG, Steve was not a happy camper that day and wasn't really liking his bank lol.
Oh man, that would be driving me CRAZY!!! I do notify them when I'm traveling, though. So hopefully I won't have any issues in October!

Anyway.......the eat's are all set and that's what's important!
Yes ma'am!!! :thumbsup2

Ah, super stressful moment there! How crazy that it was declined. But in a way, really good that your credit card company has those security catches in case something fishy is really going on.
I'm happy my bank looks out of for me, but pretty simple routine stuff shouldn't set off the alert. It just makes it wildly inconvenient!

But yay! All of your wishes have come true! Now, let the schedule tweaking begin!
Bahaha! No, no schedule tweaking. Not for a while, I hope... :rolleyes1

Shutting down your card for $0 transactions? Ugh, what a giant pain! We had a glitch our first night in Ireland - card declined. We had notified the bank about our travel plans, but they hadn't taken into account the time zone difference.
It's so annoying, right? Grrrr! >:(

Well that's the result of being a guru, isn't it! :worship:
Ha! I hope so. I have pretty decent ADR luck, usually. I'm glad it held for this trip! :goodvibes

Oh now it all makes sense lol!! Glad even with the credit card issues you still got everything...what a panic that must have been though...ugh!! The worst!
I was FREAKING OUT, dude! So glad it all worked out, though!

Great job!! Whoo hoo! on getting everything!
Thanks! I'm pretty excited!!

popcorn::Yay!! Glad you got everything you wanted. That's crazy about your credit card.
It was SUPER crazy! I was in full-blown panic mode!

I don't understand. What is this 4:30am? I've never heard of it before.
Seriously, I'm mad impressed. I have trouble getting myself out of the house at 7 to go running. I'm insanely impressed that you made it to the gym by 4:30!
Oh, it only happened because I just stayed up. No way would I have woken up that early! I only ever see 4:30am from the night time side...

What the ....?
Stupid credit card companies. It's nice that they're trying to save you from fraud, but ... holy bad timing, batman!
I'm glad it all got resolved in the end, though.
I'm glad that my bank is looking out for me, but they could dial it down JUST a bit...

Yay! Amazing!! All the plans look great!
Thanks! I think so, too!

I don't know if you've heard about this, but ... if you can't get Wishes in advance, they're doing same-day reservations now. The viewing area is different (it's in the old FP+ viewing area), but you have access to the same desserts. And I think it's the same cost.
I don't know how to book it, though, so I'm basically useless.
You know, I wonder if it still has seating, or if it's going to be like the Illuminations one now, all standing and high-top tables? Hmm... :scratchin

STAYCATION TIME!!! YAY!!!
Enjoy your Billie Time!
Oh man, I sure did. I can't wait until my next staycation in July!

Sneaky, sneaky :sad2:...

...and I completely approve:rotfl2:
Hooray! Sometimes your gotta work the system, man!

Woo hoo staycation!! Enjoy every second of it!
I did! It went by WAY too fast, though!

What the??? :scared1::scared1: I would have freaked
I seriously DID freak! It wasn't pretty!

Awesomeness!!:thumbsup2 Glad everything worked the way you wanted it despite the snafu on the credit card.
You and me both, girl! So relieved!

Oh. My. Heart. Attack.
I would have had one right there.. Seriously!
I did! I had to break out the paddles! It was bad!

Seriously! THANKFULLY you were able to get that cleared up and you have everything you wanted! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so happy for you!
Do you call them or do it on line??
I do everything online. I only call if I have an issue.

Have a great staycation! good luck with exercising!
My staycation was AWESOME. And I made it to the gym for all three of my weekly visits, despite it being my slack-off-and-do-nothing week. I was pretty proud of that!

Oh man! I'm so glad all the ADRs worked out so well despite the CC issues. That's terrifying!
I'm so glad too! I was freaking OUT!!

I'm so so so excited to hear about all these delicious food options :D :D
I'm so so so excited to EAT all these delicious food options! :hyper:

Sounds like you've got everything covered - and I'm super jealous of your staycation. Hope you enjoy every second!
I really did! It went by too fast, though! I DO NOT WANT TO BE AT WORK TODAY!!! :sad:

Wow, to the gym, to work, and making ADR's by 6 am while on vacation!!!! Pretty darn impressive Billie.
I was pretty impressed with myself a lot during this staycation! I stayed very busy getting my relaxation on! :faint:

Looks like you have some amazing meals planned. We did Garden Grill for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it. The food was great and the disney geek in me loved revolving over The Land. So cool.
I did Garden Grill for dinner in 2014, and loved it. I'm really looking forward to trying their new breakfast there... It looks SO GOOD!!

And our 2nd trip to Yacthsman was just as good as the first. I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the expectations but it did yet again. I think you are really gonna like this one and what a long commute you'll have to get there :-)
I'm so so so glad to hear this! Yachtsman is the ADR that I'm definitely looking forward to the most! :cloud9:

Can't believe all the credit card trouble you have. Funny I didn't even know that Disney ran credit cards as the one I have on file I got a replacement for a while back and it isn't even valid. Weird. But glad the bank was able to get it all straightened out.
I didn't know that actually ran the card, either! So weird, right?! :confused3

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your staycation.
I suuuuuure did! Also, do you have a new report going yet? PM me the link once you do, please!

Your ADR list looks wonderful! Congratulations on getting through the credit card madness. My card was frozen while we were in Universal Studios, which startled me, but I have been hacked before and, due to the quickness of my bank, was saved years of hassles.
I do appreciate them looking out for me, but I just wish they would dial it down a notch or two!

I am so excited for all your plans! Someday I will convince my husband to try M. Paul. He loves Chefs de France, but doesn't love 'dressing up' (even as lax as Disney is on dressing up). We are getting his feet wet with HBD this trip.
From what I understand, the in-park Signatures are much more lax. For Monsieur Paul, I'll be in a cute sparkly v-neck top and black capris and sandals. And mostly likely something similar for HBD!

Great job getting all the ADR's you wanted!
Thanks! I'm quite pleased! :goodvibes

Sorry about the snag up though. Man! Good thing they were able to quickly take care of that for you! I would have been freaking out so much!!!
I was TOTALLY freaking out. :scared: And then I was so so so relieved that everything worked out in the end!

I hope your stay-cation was awesome!
It was TOO awesome!!! I want another week of it! :sad:

ADR success! :woohoo:
YAAASSSS!!!! :hyper:

Okay, I have to de-lurk and join in, because I'm pretty sure you are a long-lost BFF - from the dislike of pants, to being introverted, to GoT, to working on losing weight (WAY TO GO! :thumbsup2), and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. I totally read through all 37 pages between last night and today. :teeth:

I would also LOVE to pick your brain about the ECV - my mom has various health issues that affect her stamina and she's renting an ECV for her trip, but FREAKING out about it because she's only been on two trips since her diagnosis and both times rented a wheelchair (which my dad pushed, which was terribly stressful for her because he's easily distracted :rotfl:)

I'm going to be in WDW right before you (Oct. 12 - 19) for a belated honeymoon. We aren't doing too many restaurants so I'll be living vicariously through you. Can't wait to read more!

Last edited:

Wow! You really did have a majorly great morning with ADRs! Great job planning! I personally love the hack of booking for 2. SEriously... what's the diff? Like, are they going to put you with strangers so they don't have to use another table. I don't get that.

Anywhooooo... nicely done. Very exciting to be one step more planned.

I'm loving your PTR! What a scary ADR booking experience! We have to make another round of our ADRs tonight, so I'm going to make sure we have extra credit cards handy to not slow down the process.

I'm glad you got your ADRs!! They look so tasty!

I LOVE your spreadsheets!! I also am a crazy travel planner who loves my itinerary spreadsheets! Mine are a little different and more specific RE touring plans etc but I love that I'm not the only one :)

So ... I'm weird, and sometimes I'll read through my old PTRs and TRs (although this time I was actually looking for something in particular, but that's a different story). And I came across this comment that you posted on my last PTR on December 2nd, 2015:

Maybe someday I'll get in shape and try to make a runDisney event a goal... They do look like so much fun! :cutie:

No matter what happens ... whether you end up doing the 5K or not, whether you get to stop for characters or not, whether you can jog/run at all or just walk ... this is huge. 5 months ago a runDisney event was something you couldn't even fathom doing. Now you're planning for a 2017 event and training for it. That's pretty incredible.

Anyway ... I just stopped by to remind you that you're awesome. :cheer2:

Reactions: maw
So I know it's coming up on a couple of weeks since my last update, but it's because I'm punishing myself! I'm not allowing myself to post a new update until I get caught up on all of your threads! Some of you may have noticed I've been trying the last few days, but I've got a ways to go yet!

In the meanwhile... Replies!

Okay, I have to de-lurk and join in, because I'm pretty sure you are a long-lost BFF - from the dislike of pants, to being introverted, to GoT, to working on losing weight (WAY TO GO! :thumbsup2), and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. I totally read through all 37 pages between last night and today. :teeth:
YAY! :welcome: I'm so glad you decide to de-lurk and come out of the shadows, Creeper! You get to by my newest bestie now! :hug:

I would also LOVE to pick your brain about the ECV - my mom has various health issues that affect her stamina and she's renting an ECV for her trip, but FREAKING out about it because she's only been on two trips since her diagnosis and both times rented a wheelchair (which my dad pushed, which was terribly stressful for her because he's easily distracted :rotfl:)
Sure, let me know any questions you have, I'm more than happy to answer them if I can! Also, if being pushed by somebody else and relying on another person to help her get around was stressful to her (it would be to me), then remind her of the FREEDOM that comes along with having the ECV! For people with any kind of mobility impairments, the ECV is a real life saver. It will hopefully give her a sense of independence that she didn't have in the wheelchair! :goodvibes

I'm going to be in WDW right before you (Oct. 12 - 19) for a belated honeymoon. We aren't doing too many restaurants so I'll be living vicariously through you. Can't wait to read more!
I'm doing a ridiculous amount of restaurants on this trip. I'm probably not even going to get to ride anything all week because I'm spending so much time stuffing my face. The resulting Dining Report is going to have to be titled something like "Billie Goes On an Epic Disney Pig-Out. OINK!!!"

yxf3NRVGFbwbu.gif

Wow! You really did have a majorly great morning with ADRs! Great job planning! I personally love the hack of booking for 2. SEriously... what's the diff? Like, are they going to put you with strangers so they don't have to use another table. I don't get that.
I KNOW! It's so dumb! A Party of 1 will be seated at a 2-top table. And Party of 2 will also be seated at 2-top table. Either party requires the same table type. It makes no difference! It's so silly! :confused3 Hence why I feel zero guilt booking for a Party of 2 when required!

Anywhooooo... nicely done. Very exciting to be one step more planned.
It's SUPER exciting! I love checking things off the Disney "To Do" list! :hyper:

I'm loving your PTR! What a scary ADR booking experience! We have to make another round of our ADRs tonight, so I'm going to make sure we have extra credit cards handy to not slow down the process.
Yes, definitely learn from my mistake, have that back-up card READY!

I'm glad you got your ADRs!! They look so tasty!
I'm glad, too! I can't wait to eat eat eat!

I LOVE your spreadsheets!! I also am a crazy travel planner who loves my itinerary spreadsheets! Mine are a little different and more specific RE touring plans etc but I love that I'm not the only one :)
As a solo and on an ECV, I never did any specific touring plans, I just showed up for my ADRs and my FPs, but otherwise just went where the wind took me. But on my last trip, with some family members, I decided to sit down and think out logically the best way to tackle each day to try and cut their poor feet some slack, and came up with a sort of loose touring plan. It turned out I really liked at least having an idea of which attractions to work on hitting up each day, so I think I'll be doing it again this year! That is it's own spreadsheet in my workbook, though. :D

So ... I'm weird, and sometimes I'll read through my old PTRs and TRs (although this time I was actually looking for something in particular, but that's a different story).
I do this! Usually when I'm really missing Disney and feeling nostalgic for it, I'll read back through some of my old threads. So I guess I'm weird, too! :thumbsup2

And I came across this comment that you posted on my last PTR on December 2nd, 2015:

No matter what happens ... whether you end up doing the 5K or not, whether you get to stop for characters or not, whether you can jog/run at all or just walk ... this is huge. 5 months ago a runDisney event was something you couldn't even fathom doing. Now you're planning for a 2017 event and training for it. That's pretty incredible.
Oh, I'm doing it, and I'm stopping for characters! But you're right, 6 months ago I only admired people who ran in runDisney races. Now hopefully next year I'll be one!

Anyway ... I just stopped by to remind you that you're awesome. :cheer2:
You are SO sweet, Sarah. You have no idea how much this has made me smile. When I finished reading your post, I literally said outloud, "I freakin' LOVE HER!" :hug:

Last edited:
YAY! :welcome: I'm so glad you decide to de-lurk and come out of the shadows, Creeper! You get to by my newest bestie now! :hug:

HEY, BESTIE. :hug: I'm so glad, too! I took a long hiatus from the DIS due to no trip since May 2014, planning a wedding, moving, getting married, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I am in a couple of Disney groups on Facebook but it was just too hard to read about other people's trips and about Disney when I didn't have a trip planned! I was reading recently and came across your dining reviews (I kid you not, I live vicariously through those), and then your TR's, and I kept on thinking "oh my gosh, THIS IS ME," so I finally had to just pop in. :goodvibes

Sure, let me know any questions you have, I'm more than happy to answer them if I can! Also, if being pushed by somebody else and relying on another person to help her get around was stressful to her (it would be to me), then remind her of the FREEDOM that comes along with having the ECV! For people with any kind of mobility impairments, the ECV is a real life saver. It will hopefully give her a sense of independence that she didn't have in the wheelchair! :goodvibes

We keep on reminding my mom! It'll be nice for her to hear it from someone who has firsthand experience. We keep on reminding her of how easily distracted my dad is and do you really want someone like that pushing your wheelchair? (No, you don't.) :lmao: She's afraid of running over a child, of getting stuck in the tracks on Main Street, and of driving it in general. She's still not thrilled, but she's coming around to the idea.

I'm doing a ridiculous amount of restaurants on this trip. I'm probably not even going to get to ride anything all week because I'm spending so much time stuffing my face. The resulting Dining Report is going to have to be titled something like "Billie Goes On an Epic Disney Pig-Out. OINK!!!"

yxf3NRVGFbwbu.gif

And I will be there for it, because you are so totes magotes my twin! :thumbsup2 Seriously, though, I'm so jealous. My husband and I will be eating at Rose and Crown with my family on the night we all arrive, La Hacienda when my in-laws arrive a few days later, and California Grill for our one year wedding anniversary. It's a belated honeymoon, but there were some gentle suggestions about our families coming down at the same time. We may also be carpooling with my parents and sister to the airport, on the same 6 a.m. flight from Boston, and have made some deliberate seat choices for said flight. :scratchin

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

"So with that crisis averted... Everything else was smooth sailing. And I do mean EVERYTHING! Ta-Da!"

I am so impressed!

Because you're always such a fun and fascinating read - and because my family and I will be at the Beach Club during the same week this October - and because I'll very probably be using an ECV for the first time on that trip - I've been following this adventure of yours very closely. And, of course, I was really curious - and excited - about your dining plans.

I have to confess that I cheated a bit on ours. IP came with our room, so I let the great CMs in that office do the heavy lifting on ADR morning. And they did a terrific job of it. But. though I was hoping that we would cross paths here and there on our way to all of those delicious calories, it looks like - although we seem to have shared tastes - our timing - at Hollywood Brown Derby, Boma, Tusker House, Beaches and Cream, The Yachtsman and Liberty Tree Tavern - is another thing altogether ... :)

Note: I've eaten at all of your choices - except Yak & Yeti and The Captain's Grille - and I think that you're going to really enjoy every sinful one of them.

Below are our dining plans. I'd love to know what you think of them. And I'd love to say 'Hello!' in Florida.

Note: I've never learned to do spread sheets and the HTML Code that I've always used to create Tables doesn't seem to work in these forums. So I draw pictures, sort of ...

DisneyReservations7_zps7lm7arhs.jpg

GG

Last edited:
HEY, BESTIE. :hug: I'm so glad, too! I took a long hiatus from the DIS due to no trip since May 2014, planning a wedding, moving, getting married, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I am in a couple of Disney groups on Facebook but it was just too hard to read about other people's trips and about Disney when I didn't have a trip planned! I was reading recently and came across your dining reviews (I kid you not, I live vicariously through those), and then your TR's, and I kept on thinking "oh my gosh, THIS IS ME," so I finally had to just pop in. :goodvibes
I totally understand the DIS hiatus! I do the exact same thing when I don't have a trip to plan. It just makes me too sad! Plus when I'm abstaining from planning/travel, it's often due to financial reasons, and being here reading about it just makes it waaaay too tempting to be irresponsible and book something anyhow! (Actually, that's how my next two trips came to be, as I'm supposed to be saving for an better car since mine is on it's last wheel, but instead all my extra money ini 2016 is commited to Disney... and it's all the DIS's fault! :rotfl: )

We keep on reminding my mom! It'll be nice for her to hear it from someone who has firsthand experience. We keep on reminding her of how easily distracted my dad is and do you really want someone like that pushing your wheelchair? (No, you don't.) :lmao: She's afraid of running over a child, of getting stuck in the tracks on Main Street, and of driving it in general. She's still not thrilled, but she's coming around to the idea.
Let her know she won't run over anybody as long as she just drives slow and keeps an eye out for them, and that you can't get stuck on the train tracks on Main Steet (I've driven over them countless times). Using one can be pretty stressful in crowds though, so the best advice I can give is to consult crowd calendars and try to plan it so her first day on it isn't at an especially busy park. That way she has a day to get comfortable with operating it without being surrounded by swarms of people. :thumbsup2

And I will be there for it, because you are so totes magotes my twin! :thumbsup2 Seriously, though, I'm so jealous. My husband and I will be eating at Rose and Crown with my family on the night we all arrive, La Hacienda when my in-laws arrive a few days later, and California Grill for our one year wedding anniversary. It's a belated honeymoon, but there were some gentle suggestions about our families coming down at the same time. We may also be carpooling with my parents and sister to the airport, on the same 6 a.m. flight from Boston, and have made some deliberate seat choices for said flight. :scratchin
Not so twinny, because I think you are a much kinder person than I! I prefer my solo trips, and in my distant past when I would travel with a significant other, I enjoyed that, too. No way no how would I be happy with family tagging along on my honeymoon, though!

In December last year my aunt & uncle joined me, and it was just the three of us, and while I was thrilled to be at Disney and glad that they had a good time, there were a lot of moments that made me long for my next solo trip! And they are joining me in again February, along with a friend of theirs, and possibly their son, daughter-in-law, and 12-year-old granddaughter (have I mentioned that I don't actually like kids?). So THAT's going to be... interesting! (I'm trying to stay positive, can't you tell?) I think that's why in this upcoming trip in October, I'm doing as much MEEEEEE stuff as possible! I'm being super self-indulgent, because I know on the next trip, I'm going to be having to accommodate so many people. :scared:

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes
I'm going to try to do a little update today! Fingers crossed!

"So with that crisis averted... Everything else was smooth sailing. And I do mean EVERYTHING! Ta-Da!"

I am so impressed!

Because you're always such a fun and fascinating read - and because my family and I will be at the Beach Club during the same week this October - and because I'll very probably be using an ECV for the first time on that trip - I've been following this adventure of yours very closely. And, of course, I was really curious - and excited - about your dining plans.
Thank you so much! And don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions or concerns about using an ECV... I've been using one to enjoy Disney World since 2001, and I've done both the off-site and in-park rentals. I'm kinda pro now. :D

I have to confess that I cheated a bit on ours. IP came with our room, so I let the great CMs in that office do the heavy lifting on ADR morning. And they did a terrific job of it. But. though I was hoping that we would cross paths here and there on our way to all of those delicious calories, it looks like - although we seem to have shared tastes - our timing - at Hollywood Brown Derby, Boma, Tusker House, Beaches and Cream, The Yachtsman and Liberty Tree Tavern - is another thing altogether ... :)
I do see one case where we might have a little park overlap. I see you have a Coral Reef lunch at 11:35am on 10/25. I'll be getting to Epcot probably around Noon that day, and spending the whole day there. So maybe we'll cross paths before you leave the park. :goodvibes And there's always the chance we'll bump shoulders somewhere at the Beach Club, too!

Note: I've eaten at all of your choices - except Yak & Yeti and The Captain's Grille - and I think that you're going to really enjoy every sinful one of them.
I love hearing that! It's a good mix for me of new experiences, and old favorites. I'm really excited for every single morsel!

Below are our dining plans. I'd love to know what you think of them. And I'd love to say 'Hello!' in Florida.

Note: I've never learned to do spread sheets and the HTML Code that I've always used to create Tables doesn't seem to work in these forums. So I draw pictures, sort of ...

DisneyReservations7_zps7lm7arhs.jpg

GG
I love it! Your graphics are always so much fun!

Oh man! :sad2: I have fallen woefully behind!
It's okay! I'm ALWAYS behind on the PTR/TR threads that I follow!

But seems like I got back here just in time for the most important part....food! :thumbsup2
You're dang right it's the most important part! ::yes::

This looks like a pretty sweet ADR sheet! popcorn::
I'm kinda enamoured with it. I keep gazing at it lovingly... :lovestruc

And way to go on the weightloss! :cheer2:
Thank you so much!

Okay, hopefully I can keep up this time! ::yes::
Yay! But if not, I'm the last person to judge you for it! :laughing:

107 days until FP+! :cutie:
166 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I think I'm all caught up on your threads again! (I know, I've said that before, and I always miss somebody...) :rolleyes1 So now I'm allowed to post an update to my own! Not that there's a whole lot to update about really, but it's been a couple weeks, so I just thought perhaps I should!

Pfl3piodu5l6w.gif

So remember those four ADRs that I had to book for a Party of 2 in order to get a better time (or any time at all) on the dates I wanted? Well, a earlier this week, in my efforts to get caught up on everybody's threads, I was reading that @IowaTater had good luck when she went back in a few days after her ADR date and was able to get some times she couldn't on her ADR day. :scratchin So I thought that I would try it myself, and lo and behold... It worked! One of them I had wanted for 8:00am, but the best I could get was 8:35am and Party of 2... Well, NOW I have it rebooked for 8:10am and a Party of 1! Two of the ADRs I kept the same time but was able to adjust them to a Party of 1 (purely because it's just less explaining I have to do at the podium). And the final one, Ohana, I left it as a Party of 2, because @SnowWhiteOz has offered to maybe join me if her times work out. (And if they don't, I'll still leave it as is, in case anybody else who happens to be there solo while I am wants to nom with me!) So I was pretty excited to get all that sorted out! :hyper:

vMnuZGHJfFSTe.gif

Also exciting: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets went on-sale! Not so exciting: The price. Jebus. I had budgeted $80-ish for my ticket, and after tax it came to $96.92! And they don't even regulate the crowds like they used to. But that's okay, I still bought mine for Sunday, October 23rd, and I'm still looking forward to it. Though, depending on how this one goes, it might be my last one... I really enjoy it, but I just don't know that it's worth the $100+ bucks that it will be up to by next year. :eek:

But that's a concern for another day. Today is about celebrating one more thing checked off of the trip To Do list, and start thinking about what to WEAR! I'm not a big costume person in general. I'm far too lazy for such things. But I would be willing to consider it if I can think of something that is:

(a) Simple
(b) Comfortable
(c) Cheap
(d) Available in my size

It's a tall order, I'm telling you! So what I might just do is just repeat what I did for my last MNSSHP: Wear an orange and black outfit (but not the same one as last time), my orange & black Halloween Minnie Ears, and go get my face painted in a matching fun Halloween design. DONE! :thumbsup2

MNSSHP_TSHOLIDAY_7055457814.jpeg

Something I'm very seriously considering changing for this trip is my ECV arrangements. My strength, energy, and stamina have improved so much in the last 4 months. I can do a lot more now than I used to before the pain and inflammation starts up. But it does always eventually start, so I know I still need to use one each day at a Disney park, and likely will for life, which I'm okay with. :o

However... I used to just rent the Disney-owned ones while in the parks. But as I got older and my condition worsened (and my weight continued to escalate, which of course just aggravated things further), just standing at the bus stops and trying to get around my resort was so very painful. So I made the switch to renting from off-site companies, and it was a lifesaver! I could actually ENJOY my resort finally! And there was no more stress about if I was going to get a seat on the the bus or not! My knees are complete crap and my balance is even worse, but the idea of me at my size tumbling over onto somebody's child on the bus was a terror that I no longer experienced with my off-site ECV! :worship: Plus, cute colors and stuff!

20151209_134226-1.jpg

But, as I've addressed in my previous TRs... Having that off-site ECV isn't all sunshine and rainbows, either. It comes with it's own set of challenges. Namely loading it on and off the buses, particularly if there's already people on it, or if it's a bus driver who is kind of a butthole. :sad2: But also being plagued by battery issues if you want to run from park open to close like I do. Not to mention having to play Tetris with the furniture in your resort room in order to create a good spot to park it at night, and remembering to plug it in to charge. :headache:

So because I'm doing so much better physically since I started walking on the treadmill and losing weight (50 lbs, woo!), I find myself wondering if by October I'll be at a place physically where I can maybe avoid all of the above, and go back to just renting an ECV each day in the parks? :scratchin I wouldn't have to deal with loading it on/off the buses, but I would have to worry about full buses and not getting a seat. So that's a trade off. However, battery concerns would be a thing of the past. With Disney's scooters, if your battery dies, you just call the number on your key ring, and they bring you a fresh one. And it would be nice not to have to wrestle it into my room all the time, also! Plus if I don't have an off-site ECV to lug around with me, I could choose to drive to the parks sometimes if I wanted to. (I probably wouldn't unless there was a good reason, but it would just be nice to have that as an option!)

Qymxr0dzwmSVG.gif

However, I would be completely on my own two feet for getting around the Beach Club, as well over to the Yacht Club for my ADRs there. Plus getting over to the Boardwalk, and also to Epcot (I just can't see taking the boat when it's literally SO CLOSE) on four different occasions, as well back to the resort. Plus that hundred-mile walk from the MK bus stops to the turnstiles. (It really is that far, I've measured it.) All of this is a little scary for me, knowing the troubles I've had in the past. :scared:

So what I think I'm going to do is keep my reservation with Buena Vista Scooters for now, and continue to monitor my progress over the next 5 months or so. I'll make a decision at the beginning of October, I think. They charge your card 7 days before your arrival, so as long as I cancel before that, it's all cool. And I have their phone number in my phone, so if at any point during the trip I realize that I've made a horrible mistake, and that I do need the wheels outside of the parks more than I thought I would, then I can always call them and have them bring me one out and pay for it then. It's not like I'm going during Christmas or anything, so availability shouldn't be a problem. :goodvibes

That was a VERY long ramble about freakin' scooter use. Sorry! Just something that's been rolling around in my mind!

14mgxYFJHXGmoo.gif

The last little bit of trip news I have is that by this time next month, I should be completely done saving for it! :woohoo: My resort/dining package has been paid off for a while now. The savings I'm talking about is for everything else... Annual Pass, rental car, gas, ECV, spending money, cocktails, tips, etc. I only have $400 left to go to hit my savings goal, and hopefully I'll be able to make that happen the first week of June. :hyper: (And then in July, I get to start all over with saving up for the February 2017 trip... Yaaaaaay...)

Also, I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everybody who wished me a happy staycation last week! :grouphug: It was GLORIOUS! As promised, I did absolutely NOTHING responsible. Not even a single load of laundry. Instead...

I went to the park... :flower:

park.jpg

I boarded a pirate ship... pirate:

pirate1.jpg

pirate2.jpg

I hung out at the beach... :beach:

beach2.jpg

beach1.jpg

And I spent time at my favorite coffee shop... :coffee:

coffee.jpg

It was a great week, and I'm VERY much looking forward to doing it again in July! :cutie:

Of course, during my staycation, I also got lots of reading done...
  • I finished the Tir Alainn trilogy by Anne Bishop... Which I hate that I procrastinated on for so many years, because it was actually really good and the end was really sad.
  • The first book in one of Rick Riordan's (the guy who wrote the Percy Jackson books) new series, Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer, which of course I loved, because it's kinda impossible not to love his characters.
  • Two Neil Gaiman books, Neverwhere (which I loved) and Stardust (which was cute and kinda predictable, but I still enjoyed it).
  • The Library at Mount Char, by Scott Hawkins, which was a little violent for my taste, but a really interesting read. I'm still digesting this one.
  • Currently about 25% through the first book of Rick Riordan's other new series, The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle, which I don't have much of an opinion on yet. TBD.
Okay, this post has turned out to be a MUCH longer update that I had originally thought, so I'll wrap it up here. In one final thought, since I know I'll forget to say anything tomorrow... And because most of you are Moms, be it to children on either two or four legs (plus @SarahDisney and her glass fish)...

Mothers-Day-Cards_Oh-My-Disney_Mickey-Mouse.jpg

Last edited:
Also exciting: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets went on-sale! Not so exciting: The price. Jebus. I had budgeted $80-ish for my ticket, and after tax it came to $96.92! And they don't even regulate the crowds like they used to. But that's okay, I still bought mine for Sunday, October 23rd, and I'm still looking forward to it. Though, depending on how this one goes, it might be my last one... I really enjoy it, but I just don't know that it's worth the $100+ bucks that it will be up to by next year.

Ack! I know it will be a fun time, but these price increases are making me sad - we haven't ever been to any of the parties, and I'd love to eventually do one, but it may not happen if they keep going up like that. I'm glad you got yours though, and I know you'll have tons of fun!

Since I'm doing so much better physically since I started walking on the treadmill and losing weight (50 lbs, woo!), I find myself wondering if by October I'll be at a place physically where I can maybe avoid all of the above, and go back to just renting an ECV day-by-day in the parks?

That would be super nice! It definitely seems like there's a trade-off either way, but having a new, charged scooter whenever you need one seems like a good plus.

So what I think I'm going to do is keep my reservation with Buena Vista Scooters for now, and continue to monitor my progress over the next 5 months or so. I'll make a decision at the beginning of October, I think. They charge your card 7 days before your arrival, so as long as I cancel before that, it's all cool.

That sounds like a good plan - that way you don't have to decide until you have a better idea of how you're feeling.

by this time next month, I should be completely done saving for it! My resort/dining package has been paid off for a while now. The savings I'm talking about is for everything else... Annual Pass, rental car, gas, ECV, spending money, cocktails, tips, etc. I only have $400 left to go to hit my savings goal, and hopefully I'll be able to make that happen the first week of June. (And then in July, I get to start all over with saving up for the February 2017 trip... Yaaaaaay...)

Woo hoooo!!! That's the best :) Especially with all the extras, it's really nice to know it's all saved and planned for. I'm trying to save for Feb 2017, but right now it's basically getting Swagbucks gift cards :P But after this trip we'll start saving for Feb (hopefully, assuming I get registered for the race) and May 2017 :D Woo hoo!

I boarded a pirate ship...

I saw pictures of that ship today! My sister and brother in law live in Beaufort and they went and looked around too :) Seems super cool!

Hey look at me! I'm keeping up! :laughing:

So remember those four ADRs that I had to book for a Party of 2 in order to get a better time (or any time at all) on the dates I wanted? Well, a earlier this week, in my efforts to get caught up on everybody's threads, I was reading that @IowaTater had good luck when she went back in a few days after her ADR date and was about to get some times she couldn't on her ADR day. :scratchin So I thought that I would try it myself, and lo and behold... It worked! One of them I had wanted for 8:00am, but the best I could get was 8:35am and Party of 2... Well, NOW I have it rebooked for 8:10am and a Party of 1!

Woohoo!! That worked out great!

So I was pretty excited to get all that sorted out! :hyper:

vMnuZGHJfFSTe.gif

giphy.gif

Also exciting: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets went on-sale!

excited-baby.gif

Not so exciting: The price. Jebus. I had budgeted $80-ish for my ticket, and after tax it came to $96.92!

Yeah that was kind of a blow :sad2: But I guess it could have been a lot worse

But that's okay, I still bought mine for Sunday, October 23rd, and I'm still looking forward to it. Though, depending on how this one goes, it might be my last one... I really enjoy it, but I just don't know that it's worth the $100+ bucks that it will be up to by next year. :eek:

At least it's still cheaper than MVMCP :scared:

start thinking about what to WEAR

Yes! That is the hardest part! ::yes::

That is a pretty cute outfit! ::yes::

Something I'm very seriously considering changing for this trip is my ECV arrangements. My strength, energy, and stamina have improved so much in the last 4 months. I can do a lot more now that I used to before the pain and inflammation starts up. But it does always eventually start, so I know I still need to use one, and likely will for life, which I'm okay with. :o

So proud of how well you are doing :thumbsup2

I gotta say that is such cute!

But, as I've addressed in my previous TRs... Having that off-site ECV isn't all sunshine and roses, either. It comes with it's own set of challenges. Namely loading it on and off the buses, particularly if there's already people on it, or if it's a bus driver who is kind of a butthole. :sad2:

Urg! I remember that buttwad of a bus driver from your other TR :sad2:

Since I'm doing so much better physically since I started walking on the treadmill and losing weight (50 lbs, woo!)

You-Go-Girl-Purple-Pink-Glitter-Image2.gif

The last little bit of trip news I have is that by this time next month, I should be completely done saving for it! :woohoo:

Woohoo!! :cool1:

It was GLORIOUS! As promised, I did absolutely NOTHING responsible. Not even a single load of laundry. Instead...

I went to the park... :flower:

park.jpg

I boarded a pirate ship... pirate:

pirate1.jpg

pirate2.jpg

beach2.jpg

beach1.jpg

And I spent time at my favorite coffee shop... :coffee:

coffee.jpg

It was a great week, and I'm VERY much looking forward to doing it again in July! :cutie:

That looks like a pretty sweet stayK! :thumbsup2

Well done on the dining tweaking and congrats on the 50lbs that's amazing. It's great you're feeling so much more mobile, imagine what you'll be like by October :) oh and think of the money you'll save if you don't rent a scooter everyday:goodvibes

I totally understand the DIS hiatus! I do the exact same thing when I don't have a trip to plan. It just makes me too sad! Plus when I'm abstaining from planning/travel, it's often due to financial reasons, and being here reading about it just makes it waaaay too tempting to be irresponsible and book something anyhow! (Actually, that's how my next two trips came to be, as I'm supposed to be saving for an better car since mine is on it's last wheel, but instead all my extra money ini 2016 is commited to Disney... and it's all the DIS's fault! :rotfl: )

It's so hard! I have no idea what I'm going to do when we're forced to take a hiatus after October. I'm already in mourning. It's a problem. :sad:

Let her know she won't run over anybody as long as she just drives slow and keeps an eye out for them, and that you can't get stuck on the train tracks on Main Steet (I've driven over them countless times). Using one can be pretty stressful in crowds though, so the best advice I can give is to consult crowd calendars and try to plan it so her first day on it isn't at an especially busy park. That way she has a day to get comfortable with operating it without being surrounded by swarms of people. :thumbsup2

YES! I can't wait to tell her that you can't get stuck in the tracks!

Not so twinny, because I think you are a much kinder person than I! I prefer my solo trips, and in my distant past when I would travel with a significant other, I enjoyed that, too. No way no how would I be happy with family tagging along on my honeymoon, though!

See, we had a honeymoon after we got married. Just a backup one. We live in Massachusetts and one of our favorite non-Disney vacation spots is in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. So we went up there for a few days and kept on telling ourselves that we would take a belated honeymoon to Disney the following year. We got a lot of questions from both families about whether or not we really wanted them there at the same time! The good thing is, everyone knows that we aren't going to be together all the time, AND we are staying at different resorts (Pop Century for them, Port Orleans Riverside for us.) :thumbsup2

In December last year my aunt & uncle joined me, and it was just the three of us, and while I was thrilled to be at Disney and glad that they had a good time, there were a lot of moments that made me long for my next solo trip! And they are joining me in again February, along with a friend of theirs, and possibly their son, daughter-in-law, and 12-year-old granddaughter (have I mentioned that I don't actually like kids?). So THAT's going to be... interesting! (I'm trying to stay positive, can't you tell?) I think that's why in this upcoming trip in October, I'm doing as much MEEEEEE stuff as possible! I'm being super self-indulgent, because I know on the next trip, I'm going to be having to accommodate so many people. :scared:

I don't care for kids once they hit a certain age. Which is why I am a toddler teacher. :upsidedow I get asked all. the. time. why I picked the profession I did. Sometimes I question myself, too, but overall, I really love my job! I'll need this Disney vacation, though. And all the drinks I plan on consuming while there. :drinking1

Also exciting: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets went on-sale! Not so exciting: The price. Jebus. I had budgeted $80-ish for my ticket, and after tax it came to $96.92! And they don't even regulate the crowds like they used to. But that's okay, I still bought mine for Sunday, October 23rd, and I'm still looking forward to it. Though, depending on how this one goes, it might be my last one... I really enjoy it, but I just don't know that it's worth the $100+ bucks that it will be up to by next year. :eek:

Seriously. We've never been in October, so this was one thing that we REALLY wanted to do, but the price! Ugh!
beach2.jpg

I'm seriously intrigued by the fact that you were able to hang out at the beach in late April/early May (I think?) I mean, you COULD hang out on the beach in Massachusetts if you really wanted to, but you more than likely would not be able to be in full beach attire. :cold:

When MNSSHP tickets came out I started thinking back to what we paid the last time we went, in 2014. We did the first party which was on Labor Day that year and one of the cheapest, but we paid in the low or mid $60's. Now, it's my most favorite thing to do in WDW, and the Boo To You parade is also my absolute favorite parade, and I definitely want to do the party again before too long, but geez, almost $100??? Yeah, quite a jump :sad2:

In other MNSSHP news you looked ADORABLE the last time you went :goodvibes

Probably a good idea to keep the scooter reservation for now and see how things go. No harm in it at least! I love that you are at the point though where you think you might not need the external reservation. That is fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter