Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

28 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So this morning, I woke up to this lovely sight in my email:

magicband-has-shipped.png

Oh, but that's not all!

Because and THEN when I got to the office, this had arrived and was sitting on my desk. I got Mickey Mail today, ya'll!

20160921_105801-1.jpg

20160922_171413-1.jpg

It was a good day! Made even better by the fact that I took tomorrow off from work because it's my Mama's birthday... So I'm kicking off my three-day weekend tonight, wooo!

I'm actually hoping that my day/night are going to get even better in about 2 hours or so... I've decided to try to book the Dessert Party on my first day in the parks for the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular!

star-wars-galactic-spectacular-1.jpg

I want to be sure to have a great view of the show, plus it'll be like a little party to welcome carbs back into my life for a week! Plus @IowaTater and her hubby are going to be there, so it's sure to be a good time! It's a payment-in-full-and-up-front kind of thing, and so I'm impatiently waiting until my paycheck gets direct deposited tonight so I can book my spot! As of right now it's still available... Wish me luck! I'll let ya'll know how it all turns out in my update on Sunday!

Speaking of my continued updates, I did promise to start working through illustrating my daily itineraries. So here we go!

Day1.png

My day will start bright and early. I'm picking up my rental car the previous day, so I'll have likely already loaded it with some things. My goal is to already have my big suitcase in the car the night before, as well as things like car phone charger, aux cable, and dash mount for my phone/GPS, etc. I'll have the gas tank full already, too. I'm hoping to only have to throw any necessities that morning in the smaller bag that I'll be taking into the off-property hotel with me that night, and then be on my way out the door and on the road by 8am!

I'll likely stop for breakfast that morning at Hardee's, since their biscuits is something that I've seriously missed since giving up carbs. My favorite is their double Loaded Omelet biscuit... It's sooooooo delicious!

double-omelet-biscuit.jpg

Then I'll be on my way, making my 5-6 hour journey from Beaufort, SC to Orlando, FL!

route_1.png

At some point, probably around St. Augustine or Daytona (or somewhere in between) I will stop for lunch. I'm not sure exactly what I'll get, I'll have to eyeball exit signs and see what's available. But whatever it is, it will likely be on a bun. And this will be me:

OrHFWUm6CNnFu.gif

Because bread. God, I've missed bread! Especially when paired with meaty cheesy goodness. Om nom nom!

Hopefully by 2pm, I'll have arrived at my destination for my first night in Orlando:

hi.png

The Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal! I'll get checked in, and all settled into my room, maybe even stretch out and relax for a bit.

hi-king-bed.jpg

I might even head down to the pool to chill out and see if I can find a cocktail somewhere. Not too long though, as I need to change and get ready to head out for my dinner reservation at...

texas-de-brazil1.png

Texas de Brazil! I've been dying to visit a Brazilian Churrascaria for yeeeeears! So I chose the hotel that I did for it's proximity to this place, and booked a 5:30pm reservation.

texas-de-brazil2.jpg

It's a MEAT FEAST! Oh, my carnivore heart is going to be SO HAPPY! I am seriously looking forward to this meal!

Afterwards, I'll hop back in the car and head south a couple of miles to the new I-Drive 360 entertainment complex, where I'll continue my fun with a visit to...

sea_life_orlando_1.png

...the brand new Sea Life Orlando Aquarium! I'm a total sucker for zoos and aquariums, so when we started selling discounted tickets to this attraction at work, I thought it would be a perfect thing to do after dinner, since it's open until 9pm!

sea-life-orlando2.jpg

After I'm done visiting with the turtles and the sharks and the rays and the fishies, I'll walk right NEXT DOOR and take a observation flight on...

orlando-eye.jpeg

The Orlando Eye! Would you believe that I've never done one of these mega ferris wheels before? So I'm SUPER excited. (And I got discounted tickets through work for this one, also!) Maybe I'll even get lucky enough to time it right and see some fireworks somewhere!

orlando-eye-2.png

After my long travel day and eventful first night in Florida, I figure at this point I'll be about ready to head back to my hotel room, and call it a night! :faint:

Okay ya'll, that's it for this update. I'll be back on Sunday with Day 2's plans, which includes arrival at WALT DISNEY WORLD! Woooo! :hyper:

Last edited:
Busy first day! Drive safe and eat all the bread! Carbs is such a big part of my life too and when I try to limit it it's hard!!!!!

Who watches your kitties why your away? We just changed up who watches are fur baby!

I'm not sure how I'm going to stay on top of this may updates!!

My favorite is their double Loaded Omelet biscuit... It's sooooooo delicious!

Wow, super yummy!

Then I'll be on my way, making my 5-6 hour journey from Beaufort, SC to Orlando, FL!

Still jelly that you get to drive. I'd be there every other month

Texas de Brazil! I've been dying to visit a Brazilian Churrascaria for yeeeeears! So I chose the hotel that I did for it's proximity to this place, and booked a 5:30pm reservation.

Love the churrascaria! Perfect for those of us carnivores. Plus it's fun!

Maybe I'll even get lucky enough to time it right and see some fireworks somewhere!

What an awesome photo of the Eye and fireworks. Sounds like a busy first day, but you've got some great stuff planned to kick off your trip. I love aquariums also, they just feel peaceful to me. I hope you get to catch some good views of the city also, we did the London Eye as the lights were coming on in the city and it was fabulous. :goodvibes

I love aquariums, so I'm super jealous of your exciting first attraction. Should be an awesome start to the vacation!)
(The Orlando Eye on the other hand ... that one I'm not jealous of. I don't do ferris wheels)

I wish we had Hardees on the West Coast- the looks incredibly nomalicious! Really fun travel and non Disney day you've worked up for yourself! (Guess what came today to my mailbox?? Teehee... I'll give you a hint: it starts with an M ;) )

Busy first day! Drive safe and eat all the bread! Carbs is such a big part of my life too and when I try to limit it it's hard!!!!!
eat-all-the-carbs1.jpg

Who watches your kitties why your away? We just changed up who watches are fur baby!
My Mama comes by and checks on their food and water, and scoops their litter boxes, and spends a little time with them. The one time she was out of town the same week that I was, a friend did it for me.

I'm not sure how I'm going to stay on top of this may updates!!
You and me both, girl! LOL

Wow, super yummy!
It really is!

Still jelly that you get to drive. I'd be there every other month
I would be too, if I could afford it!

Love the churrascaria! Perfect for those of us carnivores. Plus it's fun!
I'm so looking forward to finally doing it!

What an awesome photo of the Eye and fireworks. Sounds like a busy first day, but you've got some great stuff planned to kick off your trip. I love aquariums also, they just feel peaceful to me. I hope you get to catch some good views of the city also, we did the London Eye as the lights were coming on in the city and it was fabulous. :goodvibes
Oh, how cool! I have my Orlando Eye experience is just as good!

Hey, I think it's great that you are taking time to enjoy some new things! To quote The Donald - "Many people have said" that it's not all about Disney! And you just may prove this. Of course, it's mostly about Disney - and that's why I have stickers of Aurora and Cinderella on my crutches!
Always want to try new things! Since I normally come in the day before and get an off-property hotel the first night of my solo trips, I might as well start trying some of Orlando's non-theme park offerings on that night!

I love aquariums, so I'm super jealous of your exciting first attraction. Should be an awesome start to the vacation!)
I love them, too! I'm really excited about this one, it looks nice!

(The Orlando Eye on the other hand ... that one I'm not jealous of. I don't do ferris wheels)
I don't do ferris wheels ate traveling fairs or carnivals. (Actually, I don't do any rides at those.) But rides/ferris wheels that are stationary steel behemoths that are bolted into the earth's core? Those I don't mind!

An extra day in WDW plus taking in some great new sites in Orlando - sounds like a win/win!!
Yes, it sure is!

I wish we had Hardees on the West Coast- the looks incredibly nomalicious! Really fun travel and non Disney day you've worked up for yourself! (Guess what came today to my mailbox?? Teehee... I'll give you a hint: it starts with an M ;) )
Jealous, I want my MagicBand nowwwwws! Also, you do have Hardee's on the West Coast, it's just called Carl's Jr over there, lol.

Sooooo, now the obvious move is to compare menus. Because my mouth was kinda suddenly watering over that omelet biscuit thingy.
From the couple times I had Carl's Jr in the San Francisco Bay area a few years back, I remember the menus being extremely similar and having a LOT of the same stuff, but just not everything. But on that picture I used of the omelet biscuit (which I grabbed off of google, obviously) it has both the Hardee's and the Carl's Jr logos on it, so I would hope that means that it's offered at both places! I know that Hardee's offers the DOUBLE omelet biscuit in the photo just once a year as a promotional item. However, even once they take it off the menu, the regular single omelet biscuit is on there year-round. (And at least at my Hardee's location, if you order a double, they'll still make it for you. I know because I was addicted to them for most of 2015, lol.)

attempt4-1.png

Attempt #4 turned out to be WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
Woohoo!!!!!!! Looks great (and glad it will keep the girls up) :-)

FoodWine2.png

It's a good thing that I'm hitting up Epcot on 4 separate occasions so I can attempt to put all of these items in my belly! The goal is to hit 5-6 booths each visit. Totally doable!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This list is in your words amazeballs!!!!!!!!! So jealous of all the amazing food and drinks you'll get to have.

DisMeets! So far I have 3 confirmed, 1 play-it-by-ear, and 1 hoping-to-hear-back-from!
Awesome!!!!! Wonder where Jamie has gotten to? Hope she is doing ok?

Okay, but THEN I got to thinking more, and remembering the two times I've tried hitting the parks all day and then driving home after, and how exhausting and miserable it was. And both of those two times I had somebody to share the driving with me! But I don't want to back out on the DisMeet, and I really wanna see both shows at Hollywood Studios...

So THEN I'm like... What if I got a cheap hotel in Kissimmee for that night, and drove home on the morning of 10/29 instead? I did it in 2014 and it worked out just fine.

I think you all know where this is going...
Totally didn't see that coming :-)

..Comfort Suites Maingate East at Old Town, which I got through work for a flat tax-free rate of only $76! And it looks like they do a pretty nice complimentary hot breakfast in the mornings, so I'll wake up, stuff my face, then get on the road and be home in time to return my rental car by 4pm. (Also had to adjust my car rental and ECV drop off times accordingly.) Doing this is eating into the spending money I've saved up, so I'll have to be a bit more frugal while I'm there, but I'm absolutely okay with that! Totally worth it!
Wow that is a great rate!!!!! If only I could venture a few feet off property all that could await me.....

More frequent updates!! I've been keeping up pretty well. I will be checking in more often now!

"Eat all the carbs" clip just cracks me up!

I really like your new swimsuit.

Adding an extra day is totally worth the cost.

Just wanted to check in. I'm meeting my daughter for lunch so need to sign off now; you know, food and all.

Love your plans for the first couple of days. SO fun that you get to do some awesome non-Disney stuff upon arrival as well before being fully immersed in the bubble lol. That Texas de Brazil place sounds fantastic. We have something like it here as well. I don't know how you feel about pineapple or if they have it there, but at the one here, they have this grilled pineapple for dessert...and even though I thought I would die if I ate another bite after all that meat...it was seriously the best thing I've ever tasted. Sigh.

Woohoo!!!!!!! Looks great (and glad it will keep the girls up) :-)
I'm pretty happy with it! And it keeps them up moderately well, not sky-high or anything. It's just a swimsuit, not a miracle from baby Jesus. :laughing:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This list is in your words amazeballs!!!!!!!!! So jealous of all the amazing food and drinks you'll get to have.
Now let's just hope I'm not being overly ambitious, and can actually eat/drink it all! I'm gonna try to pace myself!

Awesome!!!!! Wonder where Jamie has gotten to? Hope she is doing ok?
I know. :( I even posted on her Facebook wall and let her know we're missing her over here, but no reply. But she's posted other things on FB since, so... :confused3

Totally didn't see that coming :-)
I know, I'm so unpredictable!

Wow that is a great rate!!!!! If only I could venture a few feet off property all that could await me.....
I wouldn't want to do an entire trip off-property unless it was the only way I could afford to go. But I've often done my first or last night off-prop just to save some cash, and it always works out just fine for me. And I only do it when I'm solo, because I wouldn't ask others to do all that hotel-switching. But when I'm on my own, it's no big deal and saves me some $$$!

More frequent updates!! I've been keeping up pretty well. I will be checking in more often now!
I'm trying to make up for all these months I've barely posted at all!

"Eat all the carbs" clip just cracks me up!
That's going to be my motto for 2 whole weeks!

I really like your new swimsuit.
Thanks!

Adding an extra day is totally worth the cost.
I absolutely 100% agree!

Just wanted to check in. I'm meeting my daughter for lunch so need to sign off now; you know, food and all.
Of course. Priorities. Food trumps all.

Love your plans for the first couple of days. SO fun that you get to do some awesome non-Disney stuff upon arrival as well before being fully immersed in the bubble lol.
Yeah, I don't mind staying off-prop my first night just to save some money, and since I am, I figure I might as well experience some of the non-theme -park offerings in Orlando!

That Texas de Brazil place sounds fantastic. We have something like it here as well. I don't know how you feel about pineapple or if they have it there, but at the one here, they have this grilled pineapple for dessert...and even though I thought I would die if I ate another bite after all that meat...it was seriously the best thing I've ever tasted. Sigh.
I love love love pineapple! And I haven't had it nearly a year! If they offer anything like that, I'll definitely try it!

25 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

See? As promised, I'm back with another update about my daily plans! I put myself on a schedule, and I'm sticking to it! Aren't ya'll proud of me?

day2-itin2.png

That morning, I'll jump out of bed and quickly get myself ready for the day, and pack up what few things I brought into the room with me for the night. Breakfast is kinda up in the air for this morning. See, the Holiday Inn is attached to a TGIFriday's, and back when I first booked it, it said the restaurant did a breakfast buffet in the mornings. Now when I look, though, is doesn't say anything about a buffet, just ordering off the menu. If they DO still have the buffet, I might grab breakfast there. If they don't, I'll just swing in somewhere on the way to my next destination and grab a biscuit or something. (I don't want to sit and wait on an a la carte breakfast in the restaurant, I just want to be able to quickly eat and go.)

Because where is my next destination that I'm in such a hurry to get to? I think you all know!

20151204_121239.jpg

Where dreams come true, indeed!

Of course, my first stop will be to get all checked in at...

beach-club-sign.png

Disney Beach Club Resort! This is the first time I've stayed in a Deluxe resort in a decade... My first and only other time was when I got to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge back in 2006. So this is a pretty big deal, ya'll!

beach-club-entry.jpg

Since it will only be about 8am at this point, I'm quite certain my room won't be ready yet. The plan is to just get myself checked-in, and store my luggage will Bell Services (that way I don't have to deal with hauling it to my room when I get back that night, I can just call and have them brought up to me). Once that's all taken care of, I'll retrieve my ECV for the week (also from Bell Services), and maybe pop into the Beach Club Marketplace for something light to grab-and-go and nibble on if I wasn't about to eat at the Holiday Inn or grab anything along the way.

From there, I'll make my way out to the boat docks and catch my ride!

Disney-Boat.jpg

Eventually finding myself at...

dhs.png

Disney's Hollywood Studios! First order of business will be to head to Will-Call, to pick up my Annual Pass, woo! Then through the turnstiles I go. First stop?

rnr.png

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Starring Aerosmith! (Although there's a rumor that it won't be starring Aerosmith anymore soon.. Have ya'll heard that?) I'll be using that wonderful Single Rider line to knock this bad-boy out first thing. Not a bad was to start a Disney trip, I'd say!

After that, I'd kinda like to get my face painted, but I'm hesitant on this day. Ya'll know by now that I typically have no shame and will rock my Disney facepaint without reservation. However, my dinner that night is at the Hollywood Brown Derby, which is a Signature restaurant, and for that one I feel I might actually be a little self-conscious if I roll up in there with facepaint blazing. So I may just skip the paint this day!

Either way, my next stop is... because priorities... LUNCH! Where am I headed?

backlot-express-sign.png

The Backlot Express! This one has never been on my radar, but then I heard tell of this goodness right here...

vader-chicken-and-waffles.png

Dark Side Chicken & Waffles! Om nom nom! And of course, I'll stick with the theme and finish it off with...

vader-cupcake.png

A Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcake. YUM!

With a happy full belly, the Star Wars fun will continue, as it should be about time for my FP+ for...

startours.png

Star Tours! (Maybe I'll finally get to be the Rebel spy!)

After that I'll probably do some shopping in Tatooine Traders, and kill some time before my next FP+, over at...

tsm.png

Toy Story Midway Mania! I freakin' KILL at this game. That's the one of the few bad things about being solo... Nobody's face to rub it in when I whoop 'em hard on the scoreboard!

From there, I'll head straight over to the...

launch-bay.png

Star Wars Launch Bay! Last time I was here in December, I only had time to run in, do the two character meets, and get out. This time I want to do at least the Kylo Ren meet (since when I was last there in December is was still Darth Vader), then hopefully take my time exploring the exhibits. Not TOO much time, though, as I do need to make it over to my final FP+ at the...

tot.png

Tower of Terror! This is my FAVORITE thing in all of Hollywood Studios. No matter how many times I ride it, the theming blows my mind every single time. (If they bastardize it with Guardians of the Galaxy like they're doing out at Disneyland, I would go into a very serious depression!)

After that, it will be almost time for my 4:40pm dinner ADR at (as previously mentioned)...

brown-derby.png

I've read mixed reviews of this one, but it's been on my bucket list for a long time, so I'm going to give it a try! The menu looks incredible, and I know for certain I'll be starting out with the...

cobb-salad.png

Cobb salad! Normally a salad will not qualify for consumption during vacation for me, as I avoid eating healthy at all costs. But this just looks TOO delicious not to try, at least as a starter!

The after what I hope will be a delicious dinner and dessert, I'll make my way over to the check-in area for...

dessert-party.png

The Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party! Yep, I got it! But man, was there drama. As I mentioned in my last update, on Thursday night, I was waiting to book it until 2 hours later when my paycheck would hit my account via direct deposit. I checked at that time, and the availability was still there.

Well, Murphy's law, two hours later when I go to book it... Blink Blink. Wait, what? Nothing. What?? No availability. WHAT?!?! My heart dropped into my stomach, I was SO disappointed. I kept trying throughout the night and the next afternoon, and still nothing!

So that night, Friday, I go out to dinner with my family for my Mama's birthday, and when I finally get home and get on the computer, I still have the window up. So I figured why not, I'll try again, not expecting anything to come of it... AND THERE IT WAS. So I screamed, clicked, paid my $69, and snatched that spot up with a quickness!

So that means I get to hopefully enjoy the company of @IowaTater, as well as revel in some of my favorite things:

Star Wars...

3o7abB06u9bNzA8lu8.gif

Cupcakes...

bb8-cupcakes.png

Booze...

booze.png

...and FIREWORKS!

sw-fireworks.png

After my big exciting first Disney day without any breaks, I'll probably be pretty pooped! I'll make my way back to the Beach Club (via the walking trail if I have enough juice in my ECV, otherwise via boat), to finally get settled into my room and have my luggage brought up so I can make it home-sweet-home for the week! (Also, a visit to Stormalong Bay for a dip in a hot tub might happen, depending on how I'm feeling. Playing that one by ear!)

Last edited:
You're updating way too quickly for me to catch up!

Day 1 and 2 Plans look great. Can't wait to see what you think of Beach Club as I'll be there the week after.

I'm waiting patiently for the Star Wars Dessert Party to open up for my dates - so far it's bookable up to the 5th and I need the 7th of November. I can't stand all this last minute planning!

(If they bastardize it with Guardians of the Galaxy like they're doing out at Disneyland, I would go into a very serious depression!)

Hear, hear!!! (What a travesty!)

Cobb salad!

It was what I got there on my last trip, and there was NO WAY I could have even come close to eating it all. It was HUGE- like as big as a share it salad at Olive Garden huge. I left half of it there. I felt like it was a lot of money, but very worth it. Enjoy! It's not on my list this time, but am almost wishing it was.

Ahhh!! You're so close to Disney :D :D We just hit double digits today and I am getting geared up for Disney awesomeness!

Woo hoo! Love those short drives. I'm hoping against hope we can stay in Macon for the next year so we can keep having a nice 6 hour drive to Disney :P

Super cool! I've always wanted to go to one of these, but the only one I know about is in Orlando - and we don't really eat off property when we're there. So I'll be really curious to see about this review.

...the brand new Sea Life Orlando Aquarium! I'm a total sucker for zoos and aquariums, so when we started selling discounted tickets to this attraction at work, I thought it would be a perfect thing to do after dinner, since it's open until 9pm!

Aquarium! Those are so much fun - sounds like the perfect after dinner activity, not too crazy after all the food, but you get to look at awesome animals and fish and stuff.

See? As promised, I'm back with another update about my daily plans! I put myself on a schedule, and I'm sticking to it! Aren't ya'll proud of me?

Yay! I need a schedule; I've got to finish up my TR some time soon.

Dark Side Chicken & Waffles! Om nom nom! And of course, I'll stick with the theme and finish it off with...

Ooh, I keep hoping we go to Backlot Express so I can try this, but we haven't made it since they changed up the menu to be Star Wars themed.

A Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcake. YUM!

Super yum...two of my favorite things.

So that night, Friday, I go out to dinner with my family for my Mama's birthday, and when I finally get home and get on the computer, I still have the window up. So I figured why not, I'll try again, not expecting anything to come of it... AND THERE IT WAS. So I screamed, clicked, paid my $69, and snatched that spot up with a quickness!

Ahhhh! So so so exciting! I really would love to do this, but it's just not feasible for our upcoming trip. Maybe in May, but we've got a lot going on next May, so who knows. And who knows what will happen with the dessert parties between now and then. Looking forward to more plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter