Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

I was going to comment about the Cobb salad too...it is MASSIVE. Like full meal for more than one massive...but does look awesome!! And so does that DV PB cupcake...want that right now actually :)

Your plans look great. I love the fun things that you have planned for the drive down. ::yes::

Day 2 - Beach Club - that says it all. ::yes::

Star Wars dessert party looks like a lot of fun. They have real food, not just dessert, which is great. I've been tempted to book it, too. :)

You're updating way too quickly for me to catch up!
I'm making up for all that time when I only post once a month or so!

Day 1 and 2 Plans look great. Can't wait to see what you think of Beach Club as I'll be there the week after.
I'm sure I'll love it and have nothing but lovely things to say about it!

I'm waiting patiently for the Star Wars Dessert Party to open up for my dates - so far it's bookable up to the 5th and I need the 7th of November. I can't stand all this last minute planning!
I'm sure you'll get it!

It was what I got there on my last trip, and there was NO WAY I could have even come close to eating it all. It was HUGE- like as big as a share it salad at Olive Garden huge. I left half of it there. I felt like it was a lot of money, but very worth it. Enjoy! It's not on my list this time, but am almost wishing it was.
Yeah, I'm assuming that the appetizer portion will be significantly smaller. Gotta same belly room for other good stuff!

Ahhh!! You're so close to Disney :D :D We just hit double digits today and I am getting geared up for Disney awesomeness!
YAY Double Digits! Congrats!

Woo hoo! Love those short drives. I'm hoping against hope we can stay in Macon for the next year so we can keep having a nice 6 hour drive to Disney :P
Not gonna lie, I do like living this close! Though closer would be even better!

Super cool! I've always wanted to go to one of these, but the only one I know about is in Orlando - and we don't really eat off property when we're there. So I'll be really curious to see about this review.
There's one about an hour from me that I considered hitting, but I figured it would be easier to just build a visit to the one in Orlando into my trip, since I'd planned on staying off-property for my travel day anyhow. (Although if it's as amazeballs as I'm predicting it's going to be, it's nice to know that there is one an hour away if I just need to go get my fix again!)

Aquarium! Those are so much fun - sounds like the perfect after dinner activity, not too crazy after all the food, but you get to look at awesome animals and fish and stuff.
Exactly! I figured they were both fun activities I could go do that wouldn't bee too taxing on my super full belly!

Yay! I need a schedule; I've got to finish up my TR some time soon.
I had to put myself on a schedule, I've become so bad about updating lately!

Ooh, I keep hoping we go to Backlot Express so I can try this, but we haven't made it since they changed up the menu to be Star Wars themed.
Not gonna lie, it's kinda out of the way and not something I would have naturally stumbled across in my park wanderings. So I pretty much planned that part of my day around eating there so that it will make sense!

Ahhhh! So so so exciting! I really would love to do this, but it's just not feasible for our upcoming trip. Maybe in May, but we've got a lot going on next May, so who knows. And who knows what will happen with the dessert parties between now and then. Looking forward to more plans!
I really wanted to do the Wishes one, but it's STILL not available for October so I dunno if it's been discontinued or what. Then I started reading more about the Star Wars one, and decided to give it a go!

You are so good at estimating time lines!
I really hope you're right! LOL

I thought Beach Club was so pretty!
Me too! I fell in love with it the first time I visited it back in 2009!

Au contraire - I'm sure that you would only improve HBD with some extra class and sparkle!
Ha! I'm so glad that you think so!

I am too chicken - I need a ride buddy for this one...
I'll be your ride buddy! It's the best!

Hey, maybe you won't even need dessert at HBD!
"Need?" No, probably not. But since when has that ever stopped me? ;)

I was going to comment about the Cobb salad too...it is MASSIVE. Like full meal for more than one massive...but does look awesome!! And so does that DV PB cupcake...want that right now actually :)
Good thing I'm ordering the smaller appetizer-sized portion, then! And even though a card-carrying member of the clean-your-plate club, salads are different. I will push some of it away if I have to in order to have room for other deliciousness that night!

Your plans look great. I love the fun things that you have planned for the drive down. ::yes::
I'm really looking forward to it, I think they'll be fun!

Day 2 - Beach Club - that says it all. ::yes::
Yes!!! I'm so excited for my first BC stay!

Star Wars dessert party looks like a lot of fun. They have real food, not just dessert, which is great. I've been tempted to book it, too. :)
I'll be sure to take lots of photos! I've read so many good things and I can't wait to eat all the carbs!

Loving your HS day! Not loving that RnRc may change theming :mad: And do ANYTHING to TOT, my favorite ride in all of WDW, and I'll have a meltdown......I don't like change but I can handle it for the most part, but not in these cases!!!

I can't wait to hear what you think of BC since we're staying there for the first time in Nov! I'm also pretty positive you'll be deluxe spoiled after your stay :)

Looks like a fun first day at Disney! And ending the day with the fancy dinner and Star Wars dessert party will be awesome ... I'm so glad there was availability for the party (especially after that little scare earlier in the day)

Excited for Texas de Brazil on your first night. The little cheese-bread balls, Billie...OMG. Make sure you ask for them!

The Backlot Express! This one has never been on my radar, but then I heard tell of this goodness right here...

vader-chicken-and-waffles.png

Dark Side Chicken & Waffles! Om nom nom! And of course, I'll stick with the theme and finish it off with...

vader-cupcake.png
Great minds think alike because I recently added Backlot Express to our meal plans during one of our DHS days. And it was specifically for that chicken and waffles meal and the cupcake!

So that night, Friday, I go out to dinner with my family for my Mama's birthday, and when I finally get home and get on the computer, I still have the window up. So I figured why not, I'll try again, not expecting anything to come of it... AND THERE IT WAS. So I screamed, clicked, paid my $69, and snatched that spot up with a quickness!
Woohoo! Happy you got it in the end. What a roller coaster!

I'm so excited, Billie! We will be at Epcot that whole day, we have a reception for the conference I'm at from 4-6pm at Coronado Springs, but then we'll be back for a later FP (7:15-8:15p) Frozen Ever After and then some Food and Wine and Illuminations!

Billie!!! I will be at DHS on the evening of 10/28 too! I'm going to Club Villain with my DS11 that night (5:15pm), but we'll be meandering around afterwards. It would be so awesome if we bumped into each other, I'd love to meet you in person. PM me if you want to coordinate. Your trip looks like it's going to be amazing!!!

Crud
I was really behind.. alas! I am back in the saddle again!

Then I'll be on my way, making my 5-6 hour journey from Beaufort, SC to Orlando, FL!

That's it?
so.. I really need to learn more about SC or NC for moving my little family..

exas de Brazil! I've been dying to visit a Brazilian Churrascaria for yeeeeears!

BEST PLACE EVER.. well any Brazilian restaurant is mouthwatering fantastic!!!

Sea Life Orlando Aquarium!

OMGGGGGG THe pictures make it look awesome. can't wait to hear how you love it! Yet walking in that tunnel? Yeah i saw Jaws....

NEXT DOOR and take a observation flight on...

awe.... so stunning

Aren't ya'll proud of me?

kinda. You can always do better... lol

o this is a pretty big deal, ya'll!

IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you to get to stay DL!

Dark Side Chicken & Waffles! Om nom nom! And of course, I'll stick with the theme and finish it off with...

oh what i would do for Chicken and waffles...

Tower of Terror! This is my FAVORITE thing in all of Hollywood Studios.

US TOO! Best ride on property.

I would go into a very serious depression!)

Move over sister because this family will be right with you.

Here's a basic run-down of my AK days!

AK-Days.png

Okay so I don't know if we're secretly stalking each other but we have FP+ for Kali at the same time you do on the 22nd AND we're going to be in MK all day on the 24th. So we have the potential of meeting up several times through out the trip, if we so desire. Plus I may need someone to ride Kali with me if DH bows out (he's not big on wet rides).

Pssshht...Girl, this is going to me the whole week!

...the brand new Sea Life Orlando Aquarium! I'm a total sucker for zoos and aquariums, so when we started selling discounted tickets to this attraction at work, I thought it would be a perfect thing to do after dinner, since it's open until 9pm!

That sounds like so much fun!! I love zoos too. I could visit our zoo every week & never get tired of it.

LMAO!!! Apparently we also have FP+ for Toy Story at the same time too. Maybe we all 3 can ride in the same car.

After that, I'd kinda like to get my face painted, but I'm hesitant on this day. Ya'll know by now that I typically have no shame and will rock my Disney facepaint without reservation. However, my dinner that night is at the Hollywood Brown Derby, which is a Signature restaurant, and for that one I feel I might actually be a little self-conscious if I roll up in there with facepaint blazing. So I may just skip the paint this day!

I love your facepainting but I think you make a good point. I know I would feel all kinds of out of place.

A Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcake. YUM!

This is one of the main reasons I booked the dessert party. UNLIMITED DARTH VADER CUPCAKES!!!!

Nobody's face to rub it in when I whoop 'em hard on the scoreboard!

Ummmmm....never mind my previous Toy Story post. :scared:

(If they bastardize it with Guardians of the Galaxy like they're doing out at Disneyland, I would go into a very serious depression!)

I'm with you and @Chicago Mo . We'll all riot!!!

So that means I get to hopefully enjoy the company of @IowaTater, as well as revel in some of my favorite things:

Absolutely!! I can't wait!!!

22 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I promise to come back and do replies! Normally I do them before starting a new post, but I got 33 minutes to crank this badboy out if I'm gonna keep myself on schedule!

Real quick before I get into my Day 3 plans, I wanted to let ya'll know that I finally sat down and created the PTRs for next year's two trips. No updates on them yet, just the usual intos, etc. But if you'd like to follow along there as well, I would love to have you!

February 2017 PTR: Princess Billie & Her Royal Court
September 2017 PTR:
We're Gonna Need Some Cocktails!

In other news, this is my 5,000th DIS post. No, really, it is!

Okay, with all that out of the way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day3-itin3.png

That morning I'll be up bright and early, and on my way to the bus stop will swing by and check out the breakfast situation at the...

bc_marketplace.jpg

Beach Club Marketplace! The menu is pretty limited, but the breakfast sandwiches look pretty tasty!

And where am I off to so early this morning, you ask? Well, I will tell you! I intend to arrive in time for EMH rope drop at...

ak.png

Animal Kingdom!

On all of my recent trips, I've sped through the Discovery Island trails, on my way to something else. This time I'm going to force myself to slow down and enjoy the animals there for the first time in years! You know, like these guys...

kangaroos.jpg

...Buncha lazy ol' kangaroos.

From there I'll head on up to another one I've skipped lately, but that I really enjoy. I figure if I can catch it before the line gets long and I get busy doing other things, I'll finally re-visit...

ttbab.jpg

It's Tough to be a Bug! After hangin' with the creepy crawlies (which in non-cartoon form, I'm actually TERRIFIED of), I'll make way over for my first FP of the day at...

dinosaur.png

Dinosaur! Rawr! After that I'll likely have some time to kill, so I'll poke around in the DinoLand carnival games that I always overlook and ignore, and of course in the shops. When I was there in December, I remember seeing some REALLY cute dinosaur-themed stuff!

Then it's off to the crown jewel of AK thrill rides, which I normally do Single Rider for but decided to use an actual FP for this time...

ee.png

Expedition Everest! This is another one, like Tower of Terror, where I find the themeing just absolutely stunning. (And ff course, assuming I'll get through it pretty quickly, there's a HIGH probability that I'll turn around and jump right back into the Single Rider line anyhow!)

From there I'll take a leisurely trek through the Maharajah Jungle to visit with my gorgeous babies...

ak_tiger.png

I could watch these beautiful creatures for hours, I really can. I never allow myself to... Maybe someday!

I know I'll be ready for some noms by this point, so I'll make haste to my early lunch ADR at...

yak_and_yeti_sign.jpg

Yak & Yeti! I have a good idea of what I'll be order, but one thing I know for SURE I will be eating, the whole reason I made this booking at all, after my grievous error last year of skipping over them...

wontons.png

The Fried Wontons that I always read so much about here on the DIS! (You know, before ya'll disown me!)

With a full belly, I might go meet my lovely stalker @IowaTater for our matching times for FPs over at...

kali.jpg

Kali is another one that I've inexplicably skipped on my last three trips, even though I had a FP for it! And not for any real reason... Just looked at it and went "Meh, not feeling it after all." Even though I really do like this ride! I'm just weird! So I WILL do it this time!

From here, I am thinking that I might do a Animal Kingdom FIRST for me, something I've always skipped over because "Meh, puppets" but now I kinda want to check out...

nemo.png

After that... Welllll. This is where the afternoon & evening get kinda dicey. I know I'm crazy for this, but I'm STILL holding out hope for at least a preview of Rivers of Light. And I will continue to do so right up until about 48 hours beforehand!

As such, I have FOUR dinner bookings that night, planning to cancel whichever ones I don't need. So for the purposes of this post, I'll go with my original assumed plan, which has me heading out of the park around 3:30-4:00pm for an early dinner over at one of my absolute favorites...

boma.png

Where I'll likely start with one of these again...

20150424_214739-1.jpg

African Rum Rummer. So dang tasty!

And then, of course, feast like a queen! Or a princess? Or a fatso. Whatever. FOOD!

20150424_214722-1.jpg

Then I'll hop on a bus and make my way back over to Animal Kingdom, hopefully for...

rivers-of-light.png

Rivers of Light? Maybe? Please, Disney Jesus! Please make this happen!

After all that Animal Kingdom fun, I'll board a bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge so that I can transfer to another bus headed for...

disney_springs.png

Disney Springs! I haven't really seen too much of this place since all the changes, so it will be fun to explore!

Now due to my early dinner, I KNOW that I'm going to be hungry at Disney Springs. I'm torn between just wandering about, eating cupcakes and food truck fare, or having a legit late-night sit-down meal since I have the Deluxe Dining plan and want to get the most bang for my buck out of it. I went ahead and booked an ADR for the latter for the time-being, with a taste for some familiar comfort food at...

homecoming_sign.png

Homecoming Florida Kitchen! Because serious you guys, who can say no to a dish like CHICKEN AND DONUTS?!?!

chicken_doughnuts.png

Then with a tired body, a full belly, and a happy soul, I will head back to the Beach Club for hopefully a good night's sleep. :)

Last edited:
Loving your HS day! Not loving that RnRc may change theming :mad: And do ANYTHING to TOT, my favorite ride in all of WDW, and I'll have a meltdown......I don't like change but I can handle it for the most part, but not in these cases!!!
I am so with you! Normally I kinda laugh at all the people who throw fits when something in Disney changes, but I realized recently that there are a few things that would really upset me if (and inevitably when) they mess with them!

I can't wait to hear what you think of BC since we're staying there for the first time in Nov! I'm also pretty positive you'll be deluxe spoiled after your stay :)
I haven't even stayed there yet and I think I'm already Deluxe spoiled... In fact, I booked a Deluxe for another trip just this evening... :rolleyes1

Looks like a fun first day at Disney! And ending the day with the fancy dinner and Star Wars dessert party will be awesome ... I'm so glad there was availability for the party (especially after that little scare earlier in the day)
Me too, girl! I was NOT a happy girl! But then about 21 hours later, I WAS a happy girl, and all was well.

Excited for Texas de Brazil on your first night. The little cheese-bread balls, Billie...OMG. Make sure you ask for them!
Cheese bread balls! Noted! :thumbsup2

Great minds think alike because I recently added Backlot Express to our meal plans during one of our DHS days. And it was specifically for that chicken and waffles meal and the cupcake!
Heck yeah, girl! Doesn't it look DELICIOUS?

Woohoo! Happy you got it in the end. What a roller coaster!
You're tellin' me!

I'm so excited, Billie! We will be at Epcot that whole day, we have a reception for the conference I'm at from 4-6pm at Coronado Springs, but then we'll be back for a later FP (7:15-8:15p) Frozen Ever After and then some Food and Wine and Illuminations!
That should work out just fine! I should be stumbling in from Trader Sam's sometime around pm... Please don't judge me!

Billie!!! I will be at DHS on the evening of 10/28 too! I'm going to Club Villain with my DS11 that night (5:15pm), but we'll be meandering around afterwards. It would be so awesome if we bumped into each other, I'd love to meet you in person. PM me if you want to coordinate. Your trip looks like it's going to be amazing!!!
Club Villain sounds so phenomenal! It was another thing I wished I could have fit into the schedule! I think my evening is going to mainly consist of just dashing in, seeing Fantasmic, and heading out, but by all means, if you see me dashing, please stop me and say hello! Just look for the big goofy brunette in nerdy glasses and lavender t-shirt with a big matching flower in her hair with a tiara on, and riding a scooter. Also, facepaint is possible. (I don't exactly blend in!)

Crud
I was really behind.. alas! I am back in the saddle again!
That's what you get for doubting my ability to keep up with a rigorous every-three-days posting schedule!

That's it?
so.. I really need to learn more about SC or NC for moving my little family..
Just move to Florida, I'm telling you! And don't forget an apartment over your garage for me to move into!

BEST PLACE EVER.. well any Brazilian restaurant is mouthwatering fantastic!!!
I first learned about them over a decade ago, and STILL have never been to one! Can you believe that?! Hence why finally correcting that situation is BIG deal!

OMGGGGGG THe pictures make it look awesome. can't wait to hear how you love it! Yet walking in that tunnel? Yeah i saw Jaws....
I ain't skeered!

kinda. You can always do better... lol
Oh, shut up, Mo. ;)

IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you to get to stay DL!
I thought you were saying I get to stay at Disneyland and I was like "*** is Mo talking about?" But then I figured it out. I'm excited to be staying Deluxe too! (So happy, in fact, that I just booked the big daddy of Deluxes tonight for next year's mother/daughter trip...)

oh what i would do for Chicken and waffles...
I feel ya. I can't wait to nom those babies!

US TOO! Best ride on property.
I love it so much!

Move over sister because this family will be right with you.
We will protest and riot! I will refuse to stand for "When You Wish Upon a Star!"

Okay so I don't know if we're secretly stalking each other but we have FP+ for Kali at the same time you do on the 22nd AND we're going to be in MK all day on the 24th. So we have the potential of meeting up several times through out the trip, if we so desire. Plus I may need someone to ride Kali with me if DH bows out (he's not big on wet rides).
You're the most lovely stalker a girl could ask for. :cutie: And I will TOTALLY ride Kali with you! I have bowed out of it myself the last 3 trips despite the fact that I LOVE it. If you're there holding me accountable, I'll have to ride! I like it!

Pssshht...Girl, this is going to me the whole week!
WORD.

That sounds like so much fun!! I love zoos too. I could visit our zoo every week & never get tired of it.
Yes, I'm the same way! I'm taking a cruise out of Jacksonville FL for my birthday, and since the ship gets back into port so early in the morning, I have big plans to spend that day at the Jacksonville Zoo (followed by dinner at the Cheesecake Factory) before making my 2-3 hour drive home!

LMAO!!! Apparently we also have FP+ for Toy Story at the same time too. Maybe we all 3 can ride in the same car.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

I love your facepainting but I think you make a good point. I know I would feel all kinds of out of place.
Oh, I'm so glad you agree! That settles it, no facepaint on my first day!

This is one of the main reasons I booked the dessert party. UNLIMITED DARTH VADER CUPCAKES!!!!
I'm really curious about comparing him with the BB8 cupcakes. ALL THE CARBS, OM NOM NOM.

Ummmmm....never mind my previous Toy Story post. :scared:
Too late! No take-backs!

I'm with you and @Chicago Mo . We'll all riot!!!
See?! Another rioter, we will not be silenced! TOWER LIVES MATTER.

Absolutely!! I can't wait!!!
Me either, girl! We gonna have fuuuuuunnnnn!

Hi! I have been following along in lurkdom. I wanted to pop up and say that I just read somewhere that Disney is going to start (or already started) bus service directly to Disney Springs from the parks. I didn't pay too much attention to the timeline because my next trip isn't until May. This might cut out some travel time on your AK day.

I also want to tell you that I love reading your trip reports. I hope that someday as I'm walking through a park I spot you in all your tiara'd glory! If I do, I will most definitely say hello :wave:

Your AK day looks full and fun! I can't remember the last time we actually slowed down and enjoyed the Discovery Island trails :guilty: And it's a shame. I'm going to have to make note of that for Nov. I also plan to do ITTBAB, since Chris doesn't even remember doing that! He'll be in for a treat lol. I think it's great you're doing a few things you haven't done in awhile, or never done in the case of NEMO - probably easier to get done on your solo trips :)
I checked out the BC Marketplace breakfast menu for us.....like you said, limited, but looks fine for a quick breakfast so I'm hoping the food is at least as tasty as most other resort QS breakfasts.

Kali is another one that I've inexplicably skipped on my last three trips, even though I had a FP for it! And not for any real reason... Just looked at it and went "Meh, not feeling it after all." Even though I really do like this ride! I'm just weird! So I WILL do it this time!

I'm just praying that I fit & I don't have to take the walk of shame on this one.

And then, of course, feast like a queen! Or a princess? Or a fatso. Whatever. FOOD!

Uhh...queen. DUH!

Rivers of Light? Maybe? Please, Disney Jesus! Please make this happen!

I'm so hoping. I've hear rumors of October 16. Fingers crossed.

You're the most lovely stalker a girl could ask for. :cutie: And I will TOTALLY ride Kali with you! I have bowed out of it myself the last 3 trips despite the fact that I LOVE it. If you're there holding me accountable, I'll have to ride! I like it!

Awwww, thanks! This should be fun!!

I'm really curious about comparing him with the BB8 cupcakes. ALL THE CARBS, OM NOM NOM.

Shockingly, I'm not feeling the BB8 cupcakes. But the Vader ones?? Oh, it's on.

Club Villain sounds so phenomenal! It was another thing I wished I could have fit into the schedule! I think my evening is going to mainly consist of just dashing in, seeing Fantasmic, and heading out, but by all means, if you see me dashing, please stop me and say hello! Just look for the big goofy brunette in nerdy glasses and lavender t-shirt with a big matching flower in her hair with a tiara on, and riding a scooter. Also, facepaint is possible. (I don't exactly blend in!)

Haha! Absolutely, will do! I'll be in full Maleficent cosplay, you won't miss me either. :maleficen

Real quick before I get into my Day 3 plans, I wanted to let ya'll know that I finally sat down and created the PTRs for next year's two trips. No updates on them yet, just the usual intos, etc. But if you'd like to follow along there as well, I would love to have you!

February 2017 PTR: Princess Billie & Her Royal Court
September 2017 PTR:
We're Gonna Need Some Cocktails!

Yay! More PTRs!! I'll head over there and check them out at some point today.

In other news, this is my 5,000th DIS post. No, really, it is!

Awesome!!!! Party time!!! party:

...Buncha lazy ol' kangaroos.

Woah ... how did I not know that there are kangaroos? (Other than the fact that I too tend to kinda speed through the Discovery Island trails). I'm hoping you get some awesome pictures of these lazy dudes to share in the TR!

From here, I am thinking that I might do a Animal Kingdom FIRST for me, something I've always skipped over because "Meh, puppets" but now I kinda want to check out...

nemo.png

I saw this for the first time in January. (For me at least) it's not one of those "must do every trip" things, but it's a cute show and I think its worth seeing at least once.

Homecoming Florida Kitchen! Because serious you guys, who can say no to a dish like CHICKEN AND DONUTS?!?!

Chicken and donuts sounds insane ... in a good way.
I actually haven't been paying much attention to Homecoming (I heard when it opened, but never looked at a menu or reviews or anything), so I'll be interested to see what you think of it!

Sounds like a great day ... now if only Disney would release some information about Rivers of Light ... (yeah, I know, not likely)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter