Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

OMG that story about the pants...let me just say you are very lucky you work at your friend's office!! I'd be mortified if that happened to me at work!
Yeah, it was nice to be able to just laugh about rather than crying! :rotfl:

That actually did happen to me once but I was at home with my sisters many years ago. Think I was demonstrating how to do some jump, lol it was a bad idea!
Bahaha, I love this visual! :laughing: This was the first time anything like it had ever happened to me.

That's why I stick to dresses. :)
To be fair, jumping around in dresses comes with it's set of mishaps... :P

Cute mug!
Thanks! I like it! ::MinnieMo

Yes, I think wine is a good idea!
Wine is ALWAYS a good idea. ::yes::

Seriously I get busy at school and you start another pre-trip (yes, mine has been orphaned due to school work); anyway, I'm here now

Seriously I get busy at school and you start another pre-trip (yes, mine has been orphaned due to school work); anyway, I'm here now
Yay, you're back!!! :hug: Yes, I'm running two separate PTRs for two separate upcoming trips again. I'm ridiculous. :rotfl: But I'm so glad you found me! And by the way, it's never too late to pick back up on your own PTR, you know! Would love to hear how things are going! :goodvibes

Hi Billie,

I hope you are able to get the discount for the BC. It is an awesome resort. But the YC is good, too, just in case the BC is full.
We have been going to WDW the same time in October in 2014 and this year and plan to return in 2016. If you kept your trip dates then we might overlap. :)

We stayed at POR last month and ate at Boatwrights. The French onion soup was amazingly good. I would go back there just for that.
CHARLESTON SHRIMP & GRITS
Sautéed Shrimp with Vegetables, Tasso Ham, and fresh Herbs served over creamy Cheese Grits.
I had this and it was very good. I liked this version much better than the shrimp and grits at Olivia's.

LOBSTER BISQUE
Maine Lobster, Crème Fraîche, Preserved Lemon, Fine Herbes.
I love lobster bisque.

OOEY GOOEY TOFFEE CAKE
Vanilla Cake with a Gooey Toffee Filling, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream.
This is the only reason to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. ;)

I think I own more nightgowns than real clothes at this point.
I wear nightgowns, too. Have you noticed that most stores have tons of pajamas but only a small selection of nightgowns. They need to get their priorities straight. :)

SO I have to say...my countdown on my home computer (my screen saver is a countdown) says 399 days...that actually made me smile this morning...so I guess I am starting to maybe get a little excited about the trip? :confused3

Hi Billie,
Hi, Sue! :wave2:

I hope you are able to get the discount for the BC. It is an awesome resort. But the YC is good, too, just in case the BC is full.
I hope I get BC, too!!! Aaaaaaanyday now on those military rates, Disney! :rolleyes1 But yes, if I can't get BC, then YC is probably my back-up, and I'll just keep calling back to check for BC. For whatever reason, I'm just more partial to the color-scheme and theming of the BC. However, I've also read that the YC is a bit more quiet and calm... which is RIGHT up my alley... so I'm sure I'd be happy there, too. And if it comes down to it, I might even take the BWI if that's all that's available in that area, and just steer VERY clear of the scary clown pool. :scared: :rotfl:

We have been going to WDW the same time in October in 2014 and this year and plan to return in 2016. If you kept your trip dates then we might overlap. :)
Yaaaay! I have no intentions of changing my dates unless something catastrophic happens, so we'll probably run into each other! :goodvibes

We stayed at POR last month and ate at Boatwrights. The French onion soup was amazingly good. I would go back there just for that.
I keep seeing all these good things about Boatwrights! I'm surprised it's not more popular! :-)

I had this and it was very good. I liked this version much better than the shrimp and grits at Olivia's.
That's good to hear! I'm a bit picky about shrimp and grits, since I'm local to the area where it originated, and was pretty much raised on it. This one sounds like they got it right, though! ::yes::

I love lobster bisque.
Me too! YUM! :bitelip:

This is the only reason to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. ;)
Honestly, it's really the whole reason I want to have lunch there. :rotfl:

I wear nightgowns, too. Have you noticed that most stores have tons of pajamas but only a small selection of nightgowns. They need to get their priorities straight. :)
Walmart is pretty good for nightgowns usually! K-mart and Target are definitely better for pajamas. I actually don't mind pajama sets at all, they're cute and comfy. My big issue with them is my body is funky, and I wear a smaller size on bottom than I do on top, so buying a pajama set never works out for me. I wind up with either bottoms that fit great and a top that is just too tight, or with a top that fits great and bottoms that keep falling down around my ankles as I walk around the house. :laughing:

SO I have to say...my countdown on my home computer (my screen saver is a countdown) says 399 days...that actually made me smile this morning...so I guess I am starting to maybe get a little excited about the trip? :confused3
YAY! Yes! Get exciiiiiited! I know you were a bit bummed after the last trip and how the party make-up wasn't quite magical. Just think of this next trip as your DO-OVER trip!!! :hug:

Walmart is pretty good for nightgowns usually! K-mart and Target are definitely better for pajamas. I actually don't mind pajama sets at all, they're cute and comfy. My big issue with them is my body is funky, and I wear a smaller size on bottom than I do on top, so buying a pajama set never works out for me. I wind up with either bottoms that fit great and a top that is just too tight, or with a top that fits great and bottoms that keep falling down around my ankles as I walk around the house. :laughing:

And that's why I usually buy pajama bottoms instead of sets (even though sometimes the sets are cheaper and/or cuter). I just wear them with t-shirts (which I seem to have no shortage of ... and I just cleaned out my t-shirt drawer and got rid of over half of what was in there).

Just waving hi as I take a homework break. Hiiiii....!!

Reading chatter as I can and hoping you're well.

Yeah, it was nice to be able to just laugh about rather than crying!

Sitting at my desk while wearing my brand new and very cute - but waistband-less and without hook-and-eye - pantsuit, I had just finished a sale by typing in her delivery directions as my female customer gave them to me (and as her husband spoke football with my male co-worker) when I stood to shake her hand. And in the middle of a very busy salesfloor, my pants - having slyly unzipped themselves as I typed - fell to my ankles. Then, making matters worse (as I routinely tend to do), I sat. As quickly as I possibly could after the seconds during which I stared down at the rapidly-becoming-obvious reason that my backside was suddenly so chilly. Without thinking of the fact that one can't pull up one's dropped drawers while sitting.

My co-worker stared. And wanted, loudly and inanely, to know 'What the Hades I was doing!!' My customer's husband began to turn around to face me. Other customers began to notice that the lady seemed to have only half her clothes. When my customer grinned at me, clutched her husband's arm, faced the floor-to-ceiling windows across the front of the store and shouted "Oh, God! Look!"

And they all (including my co-worker) did.

As I stood up, pulled up - and zipped up - my traitorous trousers while she - who will forever be my hero - strolled out the door.

PS: I am really enjoying following this fun saga by a fellow itchy-footed Sagittarius.

gg

Last edited:
Ooooh, how did you do on your FP+? I hope it was a success! :goodvibes

YES, success!! First time I ever bothered making them right at midnight; this is our 5th trip with FP+ and for the other 4 I made my FP's like 7 or 8:00 in the morning and got everything we wanted. This trip made me nervous though, being Thanksgiving week, but we got everything :thumbsup2 Of course that was after I booked a couple days for Sept. instead of Nov. because I failed to change the month, but hey, it was midnight!
Thanks for asking :)

And that's why I usually buy pajama bottoms instead of sets (even though sometimes the sets are cheaper and/or cuter). I just wear them with t-shirts (which I seem to have no shortage of ... and I just cleaned out my t-shirt drawer and got rid of over half of what was in there).
I used to do this, too! Somewhere along the line I discovered nightgowns though, and never looked back. Have you ever seen the episode of HIMYM with Marshall and his nightshirt? I feel pretty much like that. :rotfl:

Just waving hi as I take a homework break. Hiiiii....!!

Reading chatter as I can and hoping you're well.
Thanks for checking in! I need to do the same thing over on your PTR, actually! It's all I can do this week just to keep up with my own threads! Busy busy! :scared:

Sitting at my desk while wearing my brand new and very cute - but waistband-less and without hook-and-eye - pantsuit, I had just finished a sale by typing in her delivery directions as my female customer gave them to me (and as her husband spoke football with my male co-worker) when I stood to shake her hand. And in the middle of a very busy salesfloor, my pants - having slyly unzipped themselves as I typed - fell to my ankles. Then, making matters worse (as I routinely tend to do), I sat. As quickly as I possibly could after the seconds during which I stared down at the rapidly-becoming-obvious reason that my backside was suddenly so chilly. Without thinking of the fact that one can't pull up one's dropped drawers while sitting.

My co-worker stared. And wanted, loudly and inanely, to know 'What the Hades I was doing!!' My customer's husband began to turn around to face me. Other customers began to notice that the lady seemed to have only half her clothes. When my customer grinned at me, clutched her husband's arm, faced the floor-to-ceiling windows across the front of the store and shouted "Oh, God! Look!"

And they all (including my co-worker) did.

As I stood up, pulled up - and zipped up - my traitorous trousers while she - who will forever be my hero - strolled out the door.
OMG! You poor thing! Thank goodness for your quick-thinking customer! :rotfl: And you are quite the storyteller, too!

PS: I am really enjoying following this fun saga by a fellow itchy-footed Sagittarius.
And I'm very glad to have you here! :welcome:

YES, success!! First time I ever bothered making them right at midnight; this is our 5th trip with FP+ and for the other 4 I made my FP's like 7 or 8:00 in the morning and got everything we wanted. This trip made me nervous though, being Thanksgiving week, but we got everything :thumbsup2 Of course that was after I booked a couple days for Sept. instead of Nov. because I failed to change the month, but hey, it was midnight!
Thanks for asking :)
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :woohoo: Congratulations! I hope mine goes just as well next weekend!!!

OH MY GOD. That thing is the stuff of nightmares!

Untitled_1.png

WHY, DISNEY?! WHY?!

9grXg4Oo8Qim4.gif

174 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
212 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
332 days until FP+! :cutie:
392 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Sooooooooooooo... I have BIG BIG NEWS today about this trip! I mean, it's nothing surprising, really. Since I've been talking and dreaming about it since this PTR's inception last month. But now it's officially official!

Yesterday, the 2016 military rates went live. And I called. And it happened.

That's right, ya'll... So for a total price that came out to $100 less than what I was paying for rack rate at POR... I moved my reservation... and now I'm booked in a Garden-View room at...

bc-day1.png

:beach: Disney's Beach Club Resort!!! :beach:

bc-night.png

That's right! I'll be sleeping in one of these beds...

bc-beds.png

And swimming in this pool...

bc-day2.png

And walking (scooting) over to here...

epcot-night.png

And getting Diabetes after eating this...

bc-sundae.png

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :woohoo:

This is super exciting for me. I'm very much a Moderate or Value girl. I've only ever stayed in a Deluxe resort once, Animal Kingdom Lodge (which I loved!), and that was a decade ago, and only because somebody else was paying. SO THIS IS A REALLY BIG DEAL! I thought about it a lot, and I don't know for how long I'll be lucky enough to work in a position with that allows me access to such amazing discounts, so I figure I had best start really utilizing them, and spoil myself a little bit! :cutie:

So exciteddddddd!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Last edited:
So happy for you that you're staying at BC! :yay:We've never stayed there but BWV is our favorite resort, and that area in general is the BEST :goodvibes IMO walking to and from EPCOT can't be beat; sometimes DH and I will walk in just for breakfast at Les Halles, but my favorite is walking back slowly after Illuminations when the whole Boardwalk area is lit up :cloud9:

In fact, DH is so stuck on that area he is NOT really looking forward to our split stay in Jan. at the Poly/AKL........but I am!! Its our first time at both and while you can tell above how much I love BW, I've been wanting to try other resorts. He says he's going with an open mind but he's old lol, so I think he'll remain stuck on BWV.

And yes I wish you as much luck as I had with your FP's pixiedust:

Wow, that sounds like a great rate you got for the BC!! You should definitely take advantage of these job perks while you have them - well done! :thumbsup2

Remember, I can always come along to carry luggage or keep the sun from burning you... :umbrella:... and if I ate half the sundae than you'd be much less likely to come home with diabetes. It's a brainwave! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter