• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

First off, congrats on the 80 pounds! WOW! I am so incredibly happy for you!

:cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1:

And I've got to say you were definitely one of my inspirations to get started on my own journey.

Also I am super jealous of your Dismeets. If I still lived in NY I'd totally come on down just for that. Alas I am overseas and it's not as easy as that. Then again I do have a November Morocco trip to look forward too.

Prepare yourself for shock and awe...

FoodWine.png

:D

Ya knocked me down!!!!!!!:crazy::worship::faint::banana:
Amazing!

Just checking in to see how it went with you vs the hurricane. Hope all is well in your corner of the world! :beach:

80 pounds!

giphy.gif

you-rock-graphics-comments-scraps-pictures-for-myspace-orkut-NyfBSp-clipart.gif

Seriously, anyone who is trying to better their health is doing a great job. The struggle is real, but you all rock!
Thank you so much!

So jealous of all the plans, looks like great fun to be had by all! Looks like you are also giving yourself some time on your trip for resting or resort time, sounds great!
Yes, not much in the way of resort time, but I did manage to squeeze some in there!

Would love to go in February, but unless I win the lottery or get in another business, that is not going to happen. I work with retirement plans and our big deadline is March 15th...so we do not vacation between Jan 1 and April 15th (our second big deadline). So here's hoping for that winning lottery ticket.
Well, the next one after that for me is Sept 2017, how does THAT sound?!

Just make sure when tasting all this fun stuff you bring papaya pills to settle your tummy!!!
Thankfully have a cast iron stomach!

80 pounds!!! I think that deserves another tiara!!
I think I agree with you!

I am also in need of a winning lottery ticket - sign me up!!
Me too, girl!

First off, congrats on the 80 pounds! WOW! I am so incredibly happy for you!

:cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1:

And I've got to say you were definitely one of my inspirations to get started on my own journey.
Yay! And thank you so much!

Also I am super jealous of your Dismeets. If I still lived in NY I'd totally come on down just for that. Alas I am overseas and it's not as easy as that. Then again I do have a November Morocco trip to look forward too.
Also I am super jealous of your Morocco trip! That sounds AMAZEBALLS!

Ya knocked me down!!!!!!!:crazy::worship::faint::banana:
Amazing!
It'll be fun to see how many of these things I actually eat! I'm making 4 visits to Epcot during my trip, so I'm planning to hit a handful of booths each day!

Just checking in to see how it went with you vs the hurricane. Hope all is well in your corner of the world! :beach:
Pfft, that hurricane was a chump, I tell ya! No seriously, we got spared AGAIN. We've been incredibly lucky here for nearly 30 years now, so I know there's a big one coming for us anyday now. I shouldn't talk such smack and jinx us!

Last edited:

40 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Look at me, actually doing another update, only a little over two weeks since the last one! I almost feel like a responsible DISer again! (Almost.)

The unfortunate part, however, is that I have very little to update about! I'm in that lull between FP+ booking and MagicBand arrival, when not much happens. I've finalized my packing list and have acquired nearly everything on it, there's just a few small things I still need (a new bottle of Aleve, sunscreen, stuff like that) which I'll pick up probably this weekend. I also bought a couple new tees, and also two new pairs of shorts to replace some that are getting a bit too big. As of right now everything is either chillin' in a special section of my closet, or piled on the bed in the guest bedroom. I'm trying very hard to force myself to wait to start actually packing until I'm within a month of the trip (so 10 more days). Now will I actually hold out that long?

G5X63GrrLjjVK.gif

I'm also trying desperately to obtain a swimsuit that fits before I leave, so that I can actually take advantage of that gorgeous Stormalong Bay! I put on the one that I own, and it's too big! Not just a little bit too big, either... The leg holes gape open and it shows off my lady bits! It's NOT okay! So I've been ordering them off of Amazon, trying them on, and returning them. (Thankfully I have Prime, so they arrive within 2 days of ordering and I can return them for free.) Let me tell you, swimsuit shopping for most women is difficult, but swimsuit shopping while fat is a total freakin' nightmare:

Attempt #1 looked AMAZING on me, but it was a halter style and within just 5 minutes of wearing it, it was KILLING my neck. I pranced around in front of a mirror in it for a good 20 minutes, debating if looking that damn cute was worth all the pain or not. In the end I decided that it wasn't, but it thoroughly broke my heart to have to send it back because it fit me SO SO SO GOOD...

attempt1.png

Attempt #2 was cute and I loved the color, but it couldn't hold my boobs up. Like, I don't mean it just didn't have support... Imagine putting on a bra that your boobs just fall right out of the bottom of. That was this swimsuit. It was very strange. It also didn't do any favors for my back fat. Back to Amazon it went...

attempt2.png

Attempt #3 is arriving tomorrow. Pray for me, ya'll...

attempt3.png

(If that doesn't work out, Attempts 4-6 are already queued up and ready to order, but I'll cover those in next week's update, should I end up actually trying them on.)

Still no word on Rivers of Light, so no resolution on my dinner ADRs for that night yet. But! I did find out that the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular has been extended through my dates, so that's a great big YAY! Though looking at the previous month's schedules, I'm a little confused on the timing. My plan was to see Fantasmic, then bee-line it to the front of the park to see the Star Wars show (I did this in September 2014 to catch the Frozen fireworks and it worked out great). But it looks like it's only 30 minutes between the start of Fantasmic and the start of the Star Wars fireworks. That can't be right, can it? Those of you who have already been, do you have to choose one or the other? Or is it possible to catch both like I'm planning?

zdxx6ABFpfTos.gif

That's really all I have to talk about for this trip! For the next two, however...

February 2017: It's grown again. Now my uncle's sister and her fiance are joining us. So now that's a total of NINE people on this trip, spread between 5 rooms at ASMo. And of course, they inform me of this 2 weeks AFTER I made all the ADRs for the trip. Apparently it was meant to be, though... It took some creative thinking, but I was able to get them added to all 5 of our ADRs. I know for some of ya'll, especially from big families, it's "the more the merrier!" For my introverted, single-living, solo-traveling, only-child self, it's "The more the bigger headache for Billie!" But I found a mantra that keeps me calm... "At least I'll be at Disney. At least I'll be at Disney." (And yes, I know, I know... I should do a PTR for this trip! I will have a link for it soon, I promise!)

September 2017: Previously scheduled for 5 nights in October 2017, it's now 4 nights and been pushed up to September 14-18... Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip. This is going to be interesting. It's just me and her, and I love her with every beat of my heart, and I've been begging her to do a mother/daughter trip with me for years. However. She's very high maintenance and needs everything to be about her and her preferences. Flexibility is a foreign concept for her. So this will definitely be an experience! I'm keeping a good attitude about it though, and just focusing on all the awesome memories I'll have of our trip together, especially many years down the road. We've spent the last couple nights planning and me pulling up things on the computer about our resort and restaurants, helping her to learn what to expect. I think it'll go well, long as I keep her super prepared for everything, and tailor our plans around her needs as much possible. I'll start the PTR for this one probably once I get back from the February trip.

And I'm still bound and determined to take 2018 off from traveling for the most part! I say mostly because I would like to do one little cheap weekend trip up to Atlanta maybe in the Spring to go to the Georgia Aquarium and see the new twin baby pandas at Zoo Atlanta, since they'll be about a year and a half old then. My Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby live just outside Atlanta, so I'll visit with them while I'm up there, too.

However, that means it looks like after next month, my next solo Disney vacation won't be until tentatively April 2019! (I want to do the Star Wars 5K.) I don't know how I'm going to make it!!!

3o6gaVpcRb3iPY92EM.gif

Gonna try to do weekly updates between now and the trip, ya'll. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Attempt #1 looked AMAZING on me, but it was a halter style and within just 5 minutes of wearing it, it was KILLING my neck. I pranced around in front of a mirror in it for a good 20 minutes, debating if looking that damn cute was worth all the pain or not. In the end I decided that it wasn't, but it thoroughly broke my heart to have to send it back because it fit me SO SO SO GOOD...

attempt1.png

That is gorgeous - but you're right in going for comfort, especially in a swimsuit!

Attempt #3 is arriving tomorrow. Pray for me, ya'll...

attempt3.png

This is cute too! Fingers crossed it's a success!

Still no word on Rivers of Light, so no resolution on my dinner ADRs for that night yet. But! I did find out that the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular has been extended through my dates, so that's a great big YAY! Though looking at the previous month's schedules, I'm a little confused on the timing. My plan was to see Fantasmic, then bee-line it to the front of the park to see the Star Wars show (I did this in September 2014 to catch the Frozen fireworks and it worked out great). But it looks like it's only 30 minutes between the start of Fantasmic and the start of the Star Wars fireworks. That can't be right, can it? Those of you who have already been, do you have to choose one or the other? Or is it possible to catch both like I'm planning?

From what I've read on the Touring Plans app it's almost impossible to do both now. In fact apparently on some nights you can actually hear/see the Star Wars fireworks while Fantasmic is happening and apparently it is really distracting.

I'm still waiting for SW to extend into November as the one night I had free in October it's not one - and I cant change plans as the other two nights are MNSSHP and Club Villain!

February 2017: It's grown again. Now my uncle's sister and her fiance are joining us. So now that's a total of NINE people on this trip, spread between 5 rooms at ASMo. And of course, they inform me of this 2 weeks AFTER I made all the ADRs for the trip. Apparently it was meant to be, though... It took some creative thinking, but I was able to get them added to all 5 of our ADRs. I know for some of ya'll, especially from big families, it's "the more the merrier!" For my introverted, single-living, solo-traveling, only-child self, it's "The more the bigger headache for Billie!" But I found a mantra that keeps me calm... "At least I'll be at Disney. At least I'll be at Disney." (And yes, I know, I know... I should do a PTR for this trip! I will have a link for it soon, I promise!)

You're officially a saint managing that large a group now!

September 2017: Previously scheduled for 5 nights in October 2017, it's now 4 nights and been pushed up to September 14-18... Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip. This is going to be interesting. It's just me and her, and I love her with every beat of my heart, and I've been begging her to do a mother/daughter trip with me for years. However. She's very high maintenance and needs everything to be about her and her preferences. Flexibility is a foreign concept for her. So this will definitely be an experience! I'm keeping a good attitude about it though, and just focusing on all the awesome memories I'll have of our trip together, especially many years down the road. We've spent the last couple nights planning and me pulling up things on the computer about our resort and restaurants, helping her to learn what to expect. I think it'll go well, long as I keep her super prepared for everything, and tailor our plans around her needs as much possible. I'll start the PTR for this one probably once I get back from the February trip.

Sounds familiar. After three mother/daughter trips (non-Disney) I can't say I'm rushing to do it again...

All those bathing suits are adorable and I love #3-fingers crossed for you it fits without showing lady bits lol! And fyi, the 3 things I hate shopping for are jeans, bras, and bathing suits :scared1:

Glad you'll be able to see the SW fireworks! We didn't specifically go to HS to see them but were walking around WS one night last month and could see them pretty much perfectly! I'm not a SW fan, loved the previous SW show so I'm sad they changed it and it's mostly projections but the actual fireworks still make it worth seeing. And now you and I wait for ROL.....:surfweb:

Have you ever looked at Torrid for swimsuits? They're expensive but seem to be decent quality with super supportive bras built in.

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is so amazing and I know I don't know you but I'm SO proud of you! I really need to lose a LOT of weight and was wondering if you're following a specific plan (book, website?) and if you are would you mind sharing? I've looked in to Whole 30, 21 Day Fix, Paleo, but nothing feels right to me and I get so frustrated just trying to start that I never actually get going. I'd love any more specific advice you're willing to give although I don't think I could eat nothing but eggs for a whole week!

Keep it up, you're doing great!

OMG i love that first suit, i want it!

Your upcoming trips (all of them seem fab!) Enjoy this Solo trip but i think the big fam trip you can fit in solo time here and there and since you have your own room that will give you at least night time to unwind and escape.

As for the trip with your mom just make sure her expectations are set, and i am sure you will end up being a great time, but i know what you mean in terms of it people making things all about them and high maintenance, i have a few of those in my life :)

I am going through vacation hiatus right now too and it is so hard, I am hoping to fit in a quick trip to Nashville after thanksgiving, and maybe a trip to Maine in the spring, (my dad owns a place up there so its prety cost effective), but no WDW or DL or south bound trips for a while. Even with my dad in Florida i am freak out by Zika and want to have another kid so I decided to put a hold on for a bit...Hoping soon they have a handle on the situation....

40 days until WDW! :hyper:

It's pretty much impossible now. However, schedules can change. For the latest info on the SW show, follow this thread, particularly the first page. Feel free to ask questions yulilin is awesome and knows everything:yoda: She might be able to tell you of a spot to see it somewhat that doesn't require waiting. The new show isn't very visible except from very specific areas of the park. I think the GMR courtyard, or right in front of it, doesn't fill up fast and has an interesting view of the show. You may really have to hoof it over though or be sure to sit near the F! exit.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...ireworks-dessert-party-launch-bay-jt.3439569/

Such cute bathing suits. Good luck. I hate buying new swimsuits. Must be such an awesome feeling to have clothes that are too big. Your trip is getting closer. Looking forward to hear about F&W. We will be going next year for the first time.

My plan was to see Fantasmic, then bee-line it to the front of the park to see the Star Wars show (I did this in September 2014 to catch the Frozen fireworks and it worked out great). But it looks like it's only 30 minutes between the start of Fantasmic and the start of the Star Wars fireworks. That can't be right, can it? Those of you who have already been, do you have to choose one or the other? Or is it possible to catch both like I'm planning?
I don't know why Disney is overlapping those two shows. HS is lame enough without them messing up the only good stuff they have going for them. During our trip, Oct 1st to 5th, they will only be showing the SW fireworks on two of our nights. And we have Narcoossee's booked for one of the two, so we only have arrival night to catch this show. It really stinks for them to schedule it like this, especially since I now have to give up a fp for Frozen Ever After, or whatever it is called. :(

We have a Yak & Yeti dinner reservation all set to go in hopes of catching ROL.

She's very high maintenance and needs everything to be about her and her preferences. Flexibility is a foreign concept for her. So this will definitely be an experience! I'm keeping a good attitude about it though, and just focusing on all the awesome memories I'll have of our trip together, especially many years down the road.

I think it'll go well, long as I keep her super prepared for everything, and tailor our plans around her needs as much possible.
It looks like you just need to plan your trip to meet your mom's expectations and you will be fine. ;)

I'm in that lull between FP+ booking and MagicBand arrival, when not much happens. I

Ugh, I hate that stage! It's the worst

The leg holes gape open and it shows off my lady bits! It's NOT okay!

:scared1: :rotfl2:

Attempt #1 looked AMAZING on me, but it was a halter style and within just 5 minutes of wearing it, it was KILLING my neck.

Too bad it hurt your neck, it's way cute!

Attempt #3 is arriving tomorrow. Pray for me, ya'll..

Oh I like that one also! I hope it works for you. the second choice wasn't my fav, it looked a little more "mature" if you KWIM

February 2017: It's grown again.

Dang! I'd be stressing hard if I had that many people going on one of my trips. You're gonna need that morning cocktail at the wave when that trips over! :drinking1

September 2017: Previously scheduled for 5 nights in October 2017, it's now 4 nights and been pushed up to September 14-18... Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip

I asked my Mom if she'd ever be interested in doing a Disney trip just her and I once. She looked at me like I was wanting to take her to some third world country or something. I told her all about how she would love the GF and all the awesome restaurants (and bars) and she shut that down.:confused3 Oh well, her loss!

Gonna try to do weekly updates between now and the trip, ya'll. Wish me luck!

:goodvibes

I don't know why Disney is overlapping those two shows. HS is lame enough without them messing up the only good stuff they have going for them.

Supposedly, people were running over in large groups from F! to the fireworks. They were concerned that it was a safety issue, and I guess had actually had some safety issues, ie tripping, falling. So, they moved them closer together in the hopes that people would pick one or the other. This is what someone who is very familiar with DHS and knows CMs was told. I don't know. I think people should have options though.

Love the swimsuit options, though it totally stinks that none of them have worked out yet. I hate swimsuit shopping - it just seems like everything is awful :P But I'm also somewhat picky about my swimsuits, so that doesn't help.

But it looks like it's only 30 minutes between the start of Fantasmic and the start of the Star Wars fireworks. That can't be right, can it? Those of you who have already been, do you have to choose one or the other? Or is it possible to catch both like I'm planning?

Ooh, I was thinking that's what it was like when we were there and we made it, but that actually is not true. In May, Fantasmic was at 9 and SW Fireworks were at 9:45. We sat in the back right of the theater and were able to get out and find a decent spot, but I don't think it's possible if they've shifted it 15 extra minutes :( Don't they know people want to see both?

I would like to do one little cheap weekend trip up to Atlanta maybe in the Spring to go to the Georgia Aquarium and see the new twin baby pandas at Zoo Atlanta, since they'll be about a year and a half old then. My Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby live just outside Atlanta, so I'll visit with them while I'm up there, too.

So cool! I loved Atlanta when we took a short trip there. World of Coke is super fun, they have the Margaret Mitchell House, and we could have spent a more time at the aquarium :) Sadly unless something changes I probably will be in a totally different place by then, otherwise I'd suggest we meet for lunch or something. We went to Mary Mac's for lunch I think, and really enjoyed it. It was lots of good Southern food, which I always like!

I need to catch up here - hopefully I'll have some time this afternoon since my TR has been sadly neglected with work starting back up after the summer.

Ugh swimsuit shopping is the worst. I haven't bought a swimsuit in like 10 years because finding one that fits and is supportive and is comfortable and looks nice is pretty much impossible. Good luck - I hope #3 (or 4 or 5 or 6) works out for you!

Your future trip plans keep going crazy! More people for the Princess trip ... I'm really amazed that you haven't just given up on that one yet.
Travelling with your mom should be fun, even if it's a little different than what you're used to. You're the master of planning, so I'm sure you can find a way to make everything work perfectly!

Ugh, smiwsuit shopping. I think most women can relate. I don't even remember the last time I bought a swimsuit. I did go into a store last year on a whim and it was a total disaster. But hey, at least you have a very good reason for swimsuit shopping now. You have great taste. Shame the first one didn't work out. The third one is super cute so I hope that one works out for you.

February 2017: It's grown again. Now my uncle's sister and her fiance are joining us. So now that's a total of NINE people on this trip, spread between 5 rooms at ASMo.

You are handling this quite well I have to say. I'd go crazy. Don't know how you do it

But I found a mantra that keeps me calm... "At least I'll be at Disney. At least I'll be at Disney."

Now I see. Hopefully you'll get some solo time too

Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip. This is going to be interesting. It's just me and her, and I love her with every beat of my heart, and I've been begging her to do a mother/daughter trip with me for years.

How wonderful

However, that means it looks like after next month, my next solo Disney vacation won't be until tentatively April 2019!

Good luck! And I mean that with the utmost sincerity

I thought all of them were super cute! But having JUST gone through this myself, I feel your pain. Took me 2 hours in JC Penney's last month to find something that covered the Girls, made me look.... less fat, and in colors that were fun. GAH! I hate that whole drama.

I totally get it about M/D trips. Mine would be the same way, not really for selfish behaviors, but for health/mobility issues. It was be just so, SO hard to not become a crankypants myself if I took her.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
you are doing so amazing at losing weight! So proud of you! Good luck on the swimsuits! The ones you posted are ADORABLE and i love them.
Well now i can't wait until next year! DIS MEET!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter